The Student Room Group

I hate myimaths!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
yes it is a dire product
My maths is stupid cause it said 15 divide by 10 and I put 1.5...it said I got it wrong and the answer was 1.50....They divided it by 100...the idiots! (edit: Ps after I friggin’ checked it on google and I was correct..the spaz!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
pussy
Reply 24
Pussy
Reply 25
Then don't use it
Reply 26
Screw my imaths difficult system
Can you use someone else’s my maths login to look at practice papers and practice paper answer cuz I really need to and my school recently stopped using my maths. If you can can someone plz send me their account and after I get the practice paper and answers printed you can change ur password and can u plz answer ASAP I need it by tomorrow 8am
The mymaths online lesson is pretty helpful. The marking algorithm is weird. Once I lost three marks a question for writing 1x instead of x and another time it marked me wrong and the correction was exactly the same as my answer. Mymaths should really update their algorithm.
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
As the thread suggests i find mymaths/myimaths absolutly ridicuous, opposed to conventional maths homework from textbooks, for the following reasons:

1. Stupid marking where you get deducted 3 marks (i would of got 100%) for accidently typing an = instead of a + because i forgot to hold shift.:colonhash:
2. Technological errors where it doesn't mark a whole qustion for no reason (and again i would of got 100%)
3. Silly mistakes where if you make a basic mental arithmatic error but get general answer/method right, you get most of the marks in a normal hw/exam. On mymaths it just goes and duducts a whole 5 ****ing marks.
4. Bad methods, where for people who may struggle with maths (fortunatly not me:wink:), if you go and get 0% the teacher cannot see where you have gone wrong and therefore explain it to you-instead you get a computer screen full of crosses-helpful:colonhash:

Mymaths DOES NOT help the students, it is just for lazy teachers and SHOULD BE BANNED.

Rant over:colondollar:

It breaks too often too:
couldnt agree more
Original post by Euci
Then don't use it

we don't have a choice
Reply 32
yes, is so ****, u can't refresh to the questions u were on. I just had that problem! Now I have to do completely new Q1 and Q2!
Reply 33
relly bothers me. I did press save.
even now it kinda sucks

Quick Reply

Latest