The Student Room Group

What time is right to tell him i'm abstinent?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
religious reasons, i will make out but that's as far as i will go :/

Even after marriage? For reproduction reasons?

EDIT: Never mind! I read on, silly me :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
he's not my sorta marriage material but he's incredibly cute :wink:

LOL. Thinking about marriage at 17 huh?

Honestly, I give you about two more years before you've rethought the whole "sex before marriage" thing. You're still young and I think your views will change with age
Reply 62
Good for you for standing up for you values.
Reply 63
From a Christian perspective I would say that dating someone of a similar mindset or of the same religious persuasion is probably the best idea as this would avoid this being a problem.
However a relationship does not to be revolved around sex. From a Christian perspective I would argue that truly a relationship is about much more than physical pleasures.
Tell what you believe and why you believe it. If his feelings for you are true and not orientated around sex then this shouldn't be an issue for him
ugh, this is going to be hard :frown: why do relationships have to hinge on sex!

because its a normal part of an adult relationship. You want to stay a virgin forever?

That straight away lowers your chances to two kinds of boyfriends asexual and gay. Unless you meet the one guy who also wants to never have sex and yeah good luck with that.

Ahh right ok only till marriage, then tell him quickly, you choose not to have sex, the consequence of that is that you lower your dating pool significantly

Original post by Kiss.Me.Quick
Ignore everyone on here, not all relationships are based on sex and not all guys are after just that. I think you should bring it up soon, just say that you've always wanted to wait til after you're married to have sex. He might respect your decision. If he walks away then it's his loss.
Don't ever do anything you feel like you're not ready to do (especially not so soon into the start of a relationship) and don't not tell him just because you're scared of losing him. I hope things works out for you :smile:.

His loss? If you say so, she might be a great girl but there are other great girls out there who do have completely normal sexual relations with thier partners.
Practically everyone will have sex at some point*, so if you plan not to, you may as well tell him and end it with him / expect him too. :lolwut:

*even imsoacademic
Reply 66
i have corrected this! i can't edit anon, i met 'never'- with him. Besides we have decided to be just friends... i also posted this last night.
Reply 67
Original post by Elijah_1
Tell what you believe and why you believe it. If his feelings for you are true and not orientated around sex then this shouldn't be an issue for him

Yes. This will likely be the case.
Reply 68
I'm sort of the same, I don't want sex but I feel like i would be obliged to in a relationship, I feel like it's more pain and effort than the pleasure is worth, I don't know if it's because i'm not very sensitive or because i have such a low sex drive but dam, religious reasons...? Sigh
now.
yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending