The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Current students - did you get the accom you chose?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by takethyfacehence
I hope to get Oak House :smile: you know the reputation of Oak House as being 'party crazy' and 'go out loads', obviously it depends who's around you and everyone's different but in general, are people quite mainstream with their partying and going out, like when people say they go out loads, does that mean go to the same or same sort of clubs every week? Or varied interests? Cos I love going out but I love to mix it up, don't mind mainstream things but not all the time.

PS: I'm not particularly worried, I'm just bored and can't wait for next September to be here!

nobody has exactly the same taste and people mix it up all the time. especially in like the first month of uni - there are so many clubs and bars and stuff to go round you just go to a different one every night. its mad. :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I technicallygot my 3rd choice although i asked for a basin and didn't get it. My first and second choices were sheavyn and richmond. So glad i ended up in whitworth though! Cheap an the most amazing people. ^_^
I chose: Oak House (with basin), Oak House and Sheavyn House. And I got Oak House no basin which I'm very happy with! I applied a few days after the accommodation choices opened and chose self catered as my most important thing.

Don't believe anything people say on here regarding the likeliness of getting your first choice blah blah. Contact the accommodation office directly if you want stats. And even if you don't get somewhere you like/don't get on with your flatmates you can change in October-time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending