The Student Room Group

every guy i get with decides they don't want a relationship with me....

i'm 24 years old and female, slept with 11 people, only one of them has been a long term boyfriend who i was with for three years. the rest have completely messed me around. every time a new guy comes a long, i think i won't let my guard down, then i do because i think (and hope) this guy will be different then it ends in tears again.

same old story at the moment. really like a guy. been hanging out with him for two months. we finally have sex a few days ago and he tells me he doesn't even like me that much and can't see us having a relationship. why do guys wait until we've had sex to tell me that? this has happened twice this year! what a joke.. and think it happened twice in 2010 too...
what am i doing wrong? will i be single forever?! does anyone else have this problem?

i'm not a slut, i've never kissed a random guy, i've never had a one night stand, i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.... i only want to have sex with people i like. why is this regarded as such a bad thing to most men?

Scroll to see replies

sounds like he just wanted to sleep with you,you get ppl like that,guys and girls, not all guys are like that,alot of us dont wanna mess about,keep lookng,am sure ul meet some1 who feels the same
lmaoooooooo same here, guys like how I look, get to know me and their gone!

Maybe cuz I dont open my legs up to them
Reply 3
Original post by xobeauty

it's like you have to be a slut to keep them interested, but once i've slept with them once n i find out they don't want me, i'm not gonna keep sleeping with them like most girls would. just seems stupid
Reply 4
Girl i'm interested in is just like that...'cept i'm fighting for her :| Problem with women like this is after how guys mistreat them in the past - a decent guy comes along and she has all these predetermined thoughts that you won't be able to shake off so easily :s
Reply 5
To be honest I wouldn't want a relationship with you either if you've slept with 11 people. That to me is disgusting and intercourse would just feel dirty knowing 11 guys have been in there before. I like my girls to have some class.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 2ndClass
To be honest I wouldn't want a relationship with you either if you've slept with 11 people. That to me is disgusting and intercourse would just feel dirty knowing 11 guys have been in there before. I like my girls to have some class.

considering my age it's not that bad, it's not like i've slept with 11 people in a year.. it's been spread out over the course of eight years.....
It's difficult OP, because there are some guys that won't consider relationships before they've slept with a girl first. There are also guys (like the one above) that won't consider a relationship with a girl that's slept with 'too many' guys (which btw I don't think you have considering your age). There's no real solution to the problem. You could try waiting longer, and a guy that really likes you might wait, but again, some guys won't wait 6 or so months.
I wish I could be of more help. :frown: :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by SweetsAndSugar
It's difficult OP, because there are some guys that won't consider relationships before they've slept with a girl first. There are also guys (like the one above) that won't consider a relationship with a girl that's slept with 'too many' guys (which btw I don't think you have considering your age). There's no real solution to the problem. You could try waiting longer, and a guy that really likes you might wait, but again, some guys won't wait 6 or so months.
I wish I could be of more help. :frown: :hugs:

the only reason i'm clearly a huge slut and have probably slept with more people than anyone else ever has in the world ..sarcasm... is because i've trusted so many guys. each of these guys i have gone on dates with, kept them waiting at least two months sometimes longer, and they have all ended up to just be using me, minus one which was my boyfriend at the time. if i didn't get messed around so much, i wouldn't have slept with 11 people... would probably be a lot less to be honest. i don't see how i'm such a bad person for giving guys a chance. and how this means i don't have class? you don't even know me. i said above i've never had a one night stand or even kissed a random guy. i don't even kiss people unless i'm sure i like them, gosh i don't even hug them. i'm a very shut off person, and it takes a lot for me to get close to someone. point is these guys have got me to let them in, and then dropped me.
Reply 9
Original post by 2ndClass

ha ha, is this guy serious? Don't worry OP this guy will remain a virgin for much of his life. Experimentation is part of growing, wouldn't you say you've learnt from what you've been through, no matter how small?
Reply 10
Original post by bartender
ha ha, is this guy serious? Don't worry OP this guy will remain a virgin for much of his life. Experimentation is part of growing, wouldn't you say you've learnt from what you've been through, no matter how small?

guess so, just wish i'd learned more from all these failed attempts at relationships. i.e. keep guys waiting way longer than two months to make sure they actually want to be with me!
Original post by Anonymous
the only reason i'm clearly a huge slut and have probably slept with more people than anyone else ever has in the world ..sarcasm... is because i've trusted so many guys. each of these guys i have gone on dates with, kept them waiting at least two months sometimes longer, and they have all ended up to just be using me, minus one which was my boyfriend at the time. if i didn't get messed around so much, i wouldn't have slept with 11 people... would probably be a lot less to be honest. i don't see how i'm such a bad person for giving guys a chance. and how this means i don't have class? you don't even know me. i said above i've never had a one night stand or even kissed a random guy. i don't even kiss people unless i'm sure i like them, gosh i don't even hug them. i'm a very shut off person, and it takes a lot for me to get close to someone. point is these guys have got me to let them in, and then dropped me.

Um... I never said you'd slept with that many people. Given your past experiences, I'd be more wary in the future though. Wait it out a little longer (maybe 4-6 months). It should increase the likelihood that if a guy is still hanging around then, he probably is interested in more than just sex.
Reply 12
Original post by SweetsAndSugar
Um... I never said you'd slept with that many people. Given your past experiences, I'd be more wary in the future though. Wait it out a little longer (maybe 4-6 months). It should increase the likelihood that if a guy is still hanging around then, he probably is interested in more than just sex.

i was referring to the poster before you don't worry! n thanks.
i was referring to the poster before you don't worry! n thanks.

Oops, sorry. :redface:
Hope it works out. :smile: Xx
Reply 14
Original post by xobeauty

Maybe they didn't enjoy the sex? Maybe they wanted a ONS and getting in your pants was just like clockwork.

it's like you have to be a slut to keep them interested, but once i've slept with them once n i find out they don't want me, i'm not gonna keep sleeping with them like most girls would. just seems stupid

Nope, sluts give you AIDs, these guys you have sex with either dont like what they get or they're able to keep you sweet whilst banging other girls.

Original post by AidanKD
Girl i'm interested in is just like that...'cept i'm fighting for her :| Problem with women like this is after how guys mistreat them in the past - a decent guy comes along and she has all these predetermined thoughts that you won't be able to shake off so easily :s

Why waste time on a girl who thinks she should be chased? No woman is special enough for me to do that unless you enjoy being a whipping boy in the relationship.
Reply 15
Seems you've just been unlucky...or you keep going for a certain "type". Do you feel everything is going well, you get along, connect and all that?
Allow. My friend has placed me on hold for 5 minutes now. Moonkin dammit
Reply 17
sounds like yourv been very unlucky or just the wrong lads?
what are they like when they are with you? it may be a good idea so that you can try and find out hints to if they just want to get some
also have you thought about holding of the sex till you no its goin anywere? may be an idea so that the idiots of the male population(sorry) will be honest with yea?
chin up =] were not all like that
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

It's time to have a buttock-clenching think about how you relate to men, and what recurring behaviour pattern it is that puts them off. Nothing changes until you change.

Get some Marie Forleo down you. Google her; she's amazing.
Reply 19
Original post by HP15

Why waste time on a girl who thinks she should be chased? No woman is special enough for me to do that unless you enjoy being a whipping boy in the relationship.

I'm all for equality. I've been pretty blunt believe me. She's so stubborn it's unreal but eh so am I so I can't complain lol.

Thing is to me it's not a waste. I won't commit to a chase but i'll be blunt with her. I'm interested but i'm not playing these stupid mind games.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending