The Student Room Group

MSc Management or Specifics Imperial and CASS

Hi all,

I am confused about choosing either MSc Management or specific courses such as MSc Banking and Risk Engineering or MSc Banking and Finance and such.

My aim is to get into a financial services either banking or hedge finds or IBs after graduation.
Given the economic situation, i heard a lot of people skeptical about the opportunities in these sectors. To be in the safer side, should i choose general management and keep my options open
or
Are these courses from Imperial and CASS competitive and well recognised to fetch me a job.

Regards.
Reply 1
Original post by 7dna
Hi all,

I am confused about choosing either MSc Management or specific courses such as MSc Banking and Risk Engineering or MSc Banking and Finance and such.

My aim is to get into a financial services either banking or hedge finds or IBs after graduation.
Given the economic situation, i heard a lot of people skeptical about the opportunities in these sectors. To be in the safer side, should i choose general management and keep my options open
or
Are these courses from Imperial and CASS competitive and well recognised to fetch me a job.

Regards.

Personally I think its better to be specfic in your choice of masters. Was going to to general MSc as well but decided to do soemthing specfic
Reply 2
i think it is better to choose a specific pathway.
Alot depends on what you studied at undergraduate level.

MSc Management is for candidates who did not study a business related undergraduate.

If you want to work in Financial services it makes more sense to choose a finance masters.
Reply 4
Consider also such courses as Risk Management which are applicable not just to the finance industry, but also to insurance, leasing, asset mangement, supply chain and even safety engineering and reliability. My feeling is that it helps a lot if you know what you want to do when you finish. To do a degree as broad as "Management" is spreading yourself a bit thin.

TBD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending