The Student Room Group

Anybody applying for a FDA in Fashion Makeup ( Or media ) At LCF?

I am !

Terrified , I've been doing wider reading , inspiration -development-product, been creating an inspiration book , a sketch book to prove an capability in art , and it never feels like its going to be enough ! I'm trying to get involved in a lot of shoots etc aswell..:smile:

.. I even managed to slyly get hold of the Course directors email , despite LCF is actually not aloud to give them out. :biggrin:

Anybody else feeling that the 700 applicants across the EU to the 24 places they give out to be somewhat of a stressful and disheartening fact?:confused::s-smilie:

Let me know if you have applied already ?

Good luck !
Ais :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
I have applied for this course at LCF too! Have you heard anything yet? I have no idea what they are expecting for a portfolio which I'm so worried about and feeling unprepared! I'm really not going to get my hopes up on even getting an interview though, but I just wish that there were more make-up foundation courses in London.
Reply 2
Heya ! I've heard nothing :/ From what I gather it could take awhile :/ And same no idea ! My Aim is to go in with work and evidence showing why I am so passionate and Why id be worth teaching and developing :smile:
Reply 3
I've applied for the FdA Hair and Make-up for Fashion course, they contacted me Monday to offer me an interview - but it took them ages and ages to acknowledge my application and then some time after that before I got an interview. I think their interviews are end of Jan - end of Feb so there's still time. When did you get your application in because mine was sent around November time, my sixth form gets us to send them as soon as possible really.

For my portfolio I've got like, a workbook with all my art background, sketches, paintings etc. Then I've got like face charts and photos from shoots I've done - either for my portfolio or for my art coursework. Then I'm in the process of building up a display book where I've blown up my photos for max impact. But I still feel so so nervous and unprepared, I just don't really know what to expect haha! And as for the math exam - do not even go there.

I just want to prove how badly I want this and how hard I've worked for this. How're you getting on with your portfolio and things?

Best of luck!
Hannah :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hannah-Boo
I've applied for the FdA Hair and Make-up for Fashion course, they contacted me Monday to offer me an interview - but it took them ages and ages to acknowledge my application and then some time after that before I got an interview. I think their interviews are end of Jan - end of Feb so there's still time. When did you get your application in because mine was sent around November time, my sixth form gets us to send them as soon as possible really.

For my portfolio I've got like, a workbook with all my art background, sketches, paintings etc. Then I've got like face charts and photos from shoots I've done - either for my portfolio or for my art coursework. Then I'm in the process of building up a display book where I've blown up my photos for max impact. But I still feel so so nervous and unprepared, I just don't really know what to expect haha! And as for the math exam - do not even go there.

I just want to prove how badly I want this and how hard I've worked for this. How're you getting on with your portfolio and things?

Best of luck!
Hannah :smile:

Have you had your interview? If so, how did it go, what happened etc? I hope it went well! I still haven't heard anything at all from them! Not even an acknowledgement of my application.
Reply 5
I spoke to them the other day ! They said they hadn't even started looking at applications yet and they would review them February! So not to worry , they said to expect an interview around the end of march / april , and an decession 2 weeks after :smile: I have an interview for Southampton on the 26th March , so I can get some practice from that :smile:

And my portfolio is alot of history and business research and then applied into work etc moodboards face charts etc I don't think I'll get i this year though :/
Reply 6
Hiyaa,
i got An email of them Friday and i got accepted :biggrin: sooo happy. anyone else been accepted into fashion hair and makeup course?? xx
Reply 7
Original post by AisGreen
I spoke to them the other day ! They said they hadn't even started looking at applications yet and they would review them February! So not to worry , they said to expect an interview around the end of march / april , and an decession 2 weeks after :smile: I have an interview for Southampton on the 26th March , so I can get some practice from that :smile:

And my portfolio is alot of history and business research and then applied into work etc moodboards face charts etc I don't think I'll get i this year though :/[/QUOT

heads up they ask you about culture politics and how media has to be careful in publising images, films etc. random i know but its what they threw at me and i didnt have a clue xx
Reply 8
@ cdoug

Can u describe how the interview went. All I know is that they do a portfolio review before they interview you. What happened after that. Did you have to talk through your portfolio. What sorta stuff did you say etc. What other ??? did they ask you. I wna apply to the Makeup and prosthetics course but what stuff did you put in your portfolio did you actually have to take a test for the makeup courses cus i fort dat ws just for the business and fashion desgin courses and when did you apply cus i applied in january and i aint heard bac from em yet tahh :smile:
Reply 9
I have applied and have my interview on march 12th! I am so scared and I have no idea what to put into my portfolio? I have no art background at all so I am really worried :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by 04estkin
@ cdoug

Can u describe how the interview went. All I know is that they do a portfolio review before they interview you. What happened after that. Did you have to talk through your portfolio. What sorta stuff did you say etc. What other ??? did they ask you. I wna apply to the Makeup and prosthetics course but what stuff did you put in your portfolio did you actually have to take a test for the makeup courses cus i fort dat ws just for the business and fashion desgin courses and when did you apply cus i applied in january and i aint heard bac from em yet tahh :smile:

hiiii,
well i did a portfolio of makeup and hair photo's etc also competitions and styling exp i had i put in, then i had to talk through it tell them who inspired me magazines etc.
then i went through my art and fashion portfolio which i done at college. it was a blur but they wanted to know my ethnic views on culture and politics ( which blewme completly off guard) and how media has to be careful with were they decide to shoot. i wasnt realy expecting them kind of questions but apparantly i must of answered them right. hope that helps good luck ...
Anyone else heard anything xx
Reply 11
Original post by siansian91
I have applied and have my interview on march 12th! I am so scared and I have no idea what to put into my portfolio? I have no art background at all so I am really worried :frown:

youll do fine hun i was terrified and i thought it went awful, but ust reallly explain your art portfolio i had one and they didnt get it properlly i really had to explain why we did this who inspired me etc xx
Reply 12
I give up :frown: No word still !

HOWEVER :smile: I have come to the conclusion I actually think living at home and doing the Access course in Fashion Media and Communication may be more beneficial to me , So I'm applying to that instead!

Good Luck everyone :smile:
Reply 13
My interview was totally different to what I've expected and experienced previously, I'm not sure how it went to be honest. But yeah, you really need to talk through your work and justify why you've done everything, have people who inspired you etc. Just what's been said before really. I've not heard anything yet :/ best of luck to you all! x
Reply 14
I had my interview on 5th March, and got an offer this morning - SO happy I did not think that I would get an offer!!
The course director was SO lovely, really made me feel calm and collected, the interview was okay, asked what the last film I watched was, and asked if i had a studio, a model, and a photographer what would I do! I stumbled LOADS. They asked about my current course, what I like about it etc. Overall it was nowhere near as scary as any other interviews I'd had so anyone with an interview looming, think positive!! x
Reply 15
@ MBRUCE89
which course are u gonna be doing babe well done
Reply 16
I just got my offer this morning (:

Quick Reply

Latest