The Student Room Group
Reply 1
First: King's
Second: LSOP
Last: De Montfort (avoid at all costs)

Might want to post this in the Pharmacy sub-forum aswell, for more opinions.
Reply 2
there's a pharmacy subforum?!
Reply 3
Why avoid De Montfort? I was thinking of using it as my insurance because of their low offer of BBC - compared with BBB and ABB for other uni's!
Reply 4
De montford is not good, its ranked at about 100th out of all unis in Britain
papad
De montford is not good, its ranked at about 100th out of all unis in Britain

But it's still gonna have a better reputation at pharmacy than Herts or Medway cos they're new. Some of the pharmacists I've met who are pretty high up did their degree at De Montford.
Reply 6
De Montfort's Pharmacy course was/is under review by the The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (I think that's the proper name?) meaning there is a possibility that if it is deemed to be below standard, all those studying there would come out with a worthless degree.
Reply 7
London School of Pharmacy
Portsmouth

Medway school of pharmacy
Kings
Hertfordshire
De Montfort

I've not heard about the ones which aren't in bold so I am assuming that even de montford would be better than the other 2.
Reply 8
Portsmouth first, but i'm probably biased. :smile:
Reply 9
lol portsmouth would never be first, second at most because either kings or lsop would have to be first...
Zaara786
lol portsmouth would never be first, second at most because either kings or lsop would have to be first...

:ditto: When I applied, I put Kings first (BBB) and Portsmouth second (BBC).
Reply 11
Kingspharm
:ditto: When I applied, I put Kings first (BBB) and Portsmouth second (BBC).

Im thinking of putting kings firm with my offer of BBB, but if i get BBC do you think kings will accept me?
Reply 12
Kings I have heard are a bit iffy when it comes to accepting people with even one less grade.
I suspect it depends on how many other people get their offers - we have some real morons in our year because they missed their grades but because so many people did, they took them anyway because the university already knew them (rather than taking people through clearing).

No guarantee though - so have an insurance that you would actually want to go to as well!
Reply 14
Xenon
London School of Pharmacy
Portsmouth

Medway school of pharmacy
Kings
Hertfordshire
De Montfort

I've not heard about the ones which aren't in bold so I am assuming that even de montford would be better than the other 2.

yea, i haven't heard of Hertfordshire doing pharmacy either until i went looking up on unis. But suprisingly, they actually ask for pretty high grades:

http://nestor.herts.ac.uk/uhinfo/schools/pharmacy/pharmacy_courseinfo.cfm

320 points!:eek: i was quite suprised at how high their requirements are compared to much more highly ranked unis.

Latest

Trending

Trending