The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Entrance Scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by number_25
Got a Computer Science Merit Scholarship.

Chuffed to say the least.

I'll see you there then mate, congrats!
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
I got a Merit Award but was unsure if my offer would be changed to unconditional once I inform Abeystywth that I will accept the award or once I have informed them and placed them as my firm choice.

Upon emailing the University stating I wish to accept the award, and that I will be sending a letter in writing to also accept the award, I expressed this query to them but was met by an ambiguous reply just congratulating me.

I then came on here and saw what other receivers of the award did and decided to go through UCAS and accept the University as my firm choice so now my question is was that the correct way for Aberystwyth to now change my offer to unconditional and if so how long should it take before that occurs.

On a sidenote I did the exam in English Literature and English and Creative Writing and got 75 and 78, respectively, although from what I can gather their is no definitive mark for the papers; say differing papers were out of 50 or 60 etc but for each exam it just seems that the mark is converted to a percentage as the mark given to us and then added together to be out of 200 however I could be wrong :colondollar:
Original post by ShafikLight
I then came on here and saw what other receivers of the award did and decided to go through UCAS and accept the University as my firm choice so now my question is was that the correct way for Aberystwyth to now change my offer to unconditional and if so how long should it take before that occurs.

It seems to be very quick - my brother accepted them as his conditional firm and they changed it to unconditional the following day. Other people in this thread have had a similar experience.
bit late but I've got a merit and firmed it doing interpol and intelligence studies got cwrt mwer too which I'm pleased about looking forward to getting now and most of the grand will be spent on alcohol

Quick Reply

Latest