The Student Room Group

I miss my ex so much as a friend...

You know when people say don't go out with someone you are really good friends with? THEY AINT LYING!! :frown:

So basically, I used to be best friends with him. We used to stay up every night on MSN talking about random stuff. I could tell him anything and know he wouldn't tell anyone. Anyway, after about two years of talking nearly everyday, we started going out. However, after like two months we realised that we were better off as friends. At first that was great. Until we had a falling out about him going out shopping with my friend ( I didn't have a problem with that, it was the fact that he never had any money to go out with me when we were together, and infact I ended up paying for things when we went out. Anyway, during our fight it was revealed that he had slept with someone else while we were together. I was really hurt, and cut all contact with him.

A few months ago he was drunk and we spoke for the first time. He apologised for everything, and I thought things would be fine. However, whenever I see him (which isn't that often, I'm still at school and he has a job now, so its only at the occassional party I see him) I feel insanely awkward with him. I just can't move past the time when I hated his guts.

But when it comes down to it, I actually REALLY miss his friendship. I've not exactly got a lot of friends atm, and I'm starting to think about how much I miss talking to him. What can I do to make things right? I never see him, I don't have his number, and his mum hates my guts.
Reply 1
SO lemme get this straight.

- He didnt like you (this is true) otherwise he would have wanted to bang you a lot
- He liked your friend more and wanted to screw her.
- Men are not cheap unless they have a reason
- He wasn't really faithful from the start was he?

Soooo, why do you like this guy? You found out who he really is and you're still falling for him, jesus.

Women eh?
Reply 2
Original post by HP15
SO lemme get this straight.

- He didnt like you (this is true) otherwise he would have wanted to bang you a lot
- He liked your friend more and wanted to screw her.
- Men are not cheap unless they have a reason
- He wasn't really faithful from the start was he?

Soooo, why do you like this guy? You found out who he really is and you're still falling for him, jesus.

Women eh?

What?? No, i don't like him in romantic way WHATSOEVER!!!! I just miss his frienship!
Reply 3
Original post by Alt__x
What?? No, i don't like him in romantic way WHATSOEVER!!!! I just miss his frienship!

No, you miss him treating you badly and you want him to do it again.
Reply 4
Original post by HP15
No, you miss him treating you badly and you want him to do it again.

No, its honestly not like that!! I admit I do have a tendency to be attracted to boys that treat me badly, but believe me, I wouldn't go near him again in a romantic sense!
Reply 5
This conversation is hilarious
Reply 6
Original post by Alt__x
! I admit I do have a tendency to be attracted to boys that treat me badly,

Whats this?

A straight answer from a girl??

PREPOSTEROUS!

/spartah!!
Reply 7
get off TSR
stop obsessing over some gaylord