The Student Room Group

CCUSA Canada or America 2012?????

Am so wanting to work at summer camp this year and really stuck as where to go as CCUSA offer a programme in Canada so in a dilemma as to apply for camp in Canada or America as both sound real good.

I can see loads of people on here have done American camps and had a wicked time but has anyone been to Canadian camps for the summer? If so what was it like, good things, bad things and did u travel after?

:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Rubysky
Am so wanting to work at summer camp this year and really stuck as where to go as CCUSA offer a programme in Canada so in a dilemma as to apply for camp in Canada or America as both sound real good.

I can see loads of people on here have done American camps and had a wicked time but has anyone been to Canadian camps for the summer? If so what was it like, good things, bad things and did u travel after?

:smile:

I've literally just gotten fully accepted onto the Canada programme :smile:
there really isn't much difference at all in them and I think I chose canada as it was something different and silly little things like slightly cheaper etc but generally I think it just depends on which country you perfer :smile:
Reply 2
I have been to Camp Greylock in Massachusetts for the past 2 summers and loooovee it. Canada and America have many similarities anyway so I can't think they would be very similar.

Try BUNAC, they have schemes for both America and Canada. They will make the visa application a lot easier and are very knowledgeable when speaking on the phone! I have used this company for the past 2 summers and they managed to get me a pay rise as well which you can't fault :smile: looking forward to another this summer :P

Hope this helps!
Hi guys! I will be traveling to Canada this summer 2014. I went through the company NYQUEST who have been absolutely amazing, I plan to travel after, but will be going into the experience very open minded, as I'm sure everyone I meet wool have their own ideas! The two are very similar but I chose Canada because it's slightly cheaper, the visa process is easier, it is such a beautiful country. And in all honesty I tried a american program first and felt much more appreciated by all the Canadian staff! I will write about my time and travels on here after I return!
Well, if you say "America" is kinda ambiguous, guess you meant United States of America which isn't the same as "America". If I were you I'd go with camps in Canada anyway. Canada has way more attractive places to visit in Alberta and BC for the most part.

Quick Reply

Latest