Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Solent 2012 Applicant's Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Business Management 240 points
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional for Accountancy and Finance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abigail0506)
    Have a conditional for Social Work, accepted as my firm choice. Looking to stay in Lucia Foster halls
    Congrats on the offer I'm looking to stay in the same halls, had the opportunity to stay there in July for a week and as halls go, they're really good and it helped that they have security on sight 24/7 so it feels really safe. you never know we could end up in the same flat ahah
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiscasanova-)
    Got my conditional from Solent accepted it as firm. UCA is insurance but tbh I'd hate to go there it's such a boring area! Have you accepted somewhere now?

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I've accepted Liverpool as my firm (media, communications and popular music studies) and Solent as my insurance. I'm happy to go to either, so I'm just looking forward to leaving school now Good luck with everything
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Computer Games Development
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMason)
    Congrats on the offer I'm looking to stay in the same halls, had the opportunity to stay there in July for a week and as halls go, they're really good and it helped that they have security on sight 24/7 so it feels really safe. you never know we could end up in the same flat ahah
    Same im applying for lucia foster asap, seems like the biggest halls
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional Firm for Music Journalism! Message me on Facebook if you're applying for Music Journalism too http://www.facebook.com/siaaan.x

(: xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgvince)
    Same im applying for lucia foster asap, seems like the biggest halls
    doesn't applications for accommodation open at the end of this month?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    doesn't applications for accommodation open at the end of this month?
    Yeah i believe so
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    called the accommodation office and they said that applications for rooms won't be released until mid-april!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    think I'm gunna apply for Deanery, anyone else?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got an Unconditional, it's now Firm! for Computer Systems & Networks starting on the foundation year
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiscasanova-)
    think I'm gunna apply for Deanery, anyone else?
    Was going to apply for Deanery but I figured I can't really afford it. So maybe I'll just go for Lucia Foster.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashionbecca)
    Got an offer for fashion management with marketing , 240 points but i dont know whether to wait and see if all my other choices reply . What is the area like i didnt get a chance to go on the open day ?
    Have you heard from your other choices to reply? Firming solent by any chance?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChantelleWes)
    Was going to apply for Deanery but I figured I can't really afford it. So maybe I'll just go for Lucia Foster.
    If i can't get Lucia Foster then i'm going to have to go with Deanery.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    called the accommodation office and they said that applications for rooms won't be released until mid-april!
    Did they say why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yewande94)
    Did they say why?
    No, just said that they hadn't released any information or dates, even though the website says end of march :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's so silly .. I really wanna make sure I can get the room that I want :|
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yewande94)
    That's so silly .. I really wanna make sure I can get the room that I want :|
    Me too, I really want Lucia foster and accommodation is last thing on my list, and I just want to get it done now!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, just said that they hadn't released any information or dates, even though the website says end of march :/
    I just rang them earlier and the lady I talked to said that you can apply as soon as you get letters about accommodation.

@ yewande94, which room are you thinking of applying for?

Has anyone actually seen the halls? Which ones are good? Pros and cons?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.