The Student Room Group

Attack in Belgium

A gun and grenade attack in the centre of the Belgian city of Liege has killed at least two people and wounded about 10, Belgian media say.

They say several men threw grenades and fired on a crowd at a bus stop.

Some reports say one of the attackers is among the dead. Local media said another had been seized by police but gunfire was continuing.

The area has been sealed off. There is no word on who carried out the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16161746
Anyone seen this?
Whats going on?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

2 dead !
If this was done by Muslims it would be labelled a terrorist attack.
I know this makes me a bad person, but I can't help but wonder where the hell Bruno Mars was.
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don

If done in the name of Islam then yes it would. What else would it be called?
Reply 5
Wonder who is responsible?
Reply 6
Why Belgium?:confused: They're not involved in anything are they? I would have thought it was one nut with a gun but they're several men were involved. The only thing I can think of is it's related to the Norway attacks but that was one man who went a bit crazy over immigration. Do Belgium have high immigration?
Reply 7

If done by anyone it would labeled as a terrorist attack. The one blue eyed blonde hair guy in Norway who had no connection to Islam is often referred to as a terrorist.
It's because everyone is buying all their chocolates for xmas presents and they've now gone non left for themselves :/
I was watching the news and saw this, its quite shocking but the amount of information coming through at the moment is quite slow but that is to be expected.
Hitler did everything in the name of Christianity.... was he labelled the same? You get a couple of nut cases who say they are Muslim and do these atrocities in the name of Islam but they are far from Muslim. What about Zinoist Terrorism in Palestine on a daily basis....

Usual case of racism I see...
Reply 11
Original post by Left Hand Drive
If done in the name of Islam then yes it would. What else would it be called?

Well it doesn't really matter in whose names it was done, as long as it was the use of terror for political purposes then it's terrorism a muslim who performs an act of terror without a political purpose is no terrorist.
Original post by needacupotea
Hitler did everything in the name of Christianity.... was he labelled the same? You get a couple of nut cases who say they are Muslim and do these atrocities in the name of Islam but they are far from Muslim. What about Zinoist Terrorism in Palestine on a daily basis....

Usual case of racism I see...

He was labelled the most evil man in history....

Also who's saying muslims done it?

Also Islam is not a race
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Beebumble
They're not involved in anything are they?

Belgium are the centre of the catastro**** that is the European Union, this attack is most likely from guys that are anti-European Union.
I will check back to this thread when it gets to page 6 later on today.

By this point the discussion will involve

- multiculturalism has failed
- if the perpetrators were black/Muslim it shows the problems with black culture and Islam
- if the perpetrators were white it shows understandable anger from the white community against immigration
- it is also due to welfare policies of New Liebour government
- multiculturalism has failed
Original post by tehFrance
Belgium are the centre of the catastro**** that is the European Union, this attack is most likely from guys that are anti-European Union.

Yeah I was thinking that a second ago but then surely they would head for Brussels which is where the actual headquarters are?:confused:
What the hell. :frown: Why would anyone attack Liege of all places?
Reply 17
Ha! True.

Also true that if it was done by a Western security service - as many terrorist acts are - it would be blamed on Muslims, or occassionally the Far-Right.
Original post by needacupotea
Hitler did everything in the name of Christianity.

Hitler did nothing in the name of Christianity, if anything he disliked Christianity although not as much as he hated the Disabled, Jews and other Minorities.
Original post by Beebumble
Yeah I was thinking that a second ago but then surely they would head for Brussels which is where the actual headquarters are?:confused:

Well these could be idiots who got mixed up :tongue:
You do have to laugh at all the people running to defend Islam when they are the only people mentioning it really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending