The Student Room Group

Presents that fit in an envelope?

Scroll to see replies

Like to point out to all the people saying 'Kindle': it comes in a box with leads and instructions and so forth, you can't just slot the actual Kindle into an envelope.
Original post by Schemilix
That'd get stolen quite easily, I imagine. D:

Well I am in an LDR with a guy from Italy, I sent him a necklace this way (a celtic cross) and it didn't get stolen. Plus Italian post is known to be very unreliable.
Reply 22
Original post by lizfairy
Well I am in an LDR with a guy from Italy, I sent him a necklace this way (a celtic cross) and it didn't get stolen. Plus Italian post is known to be very unreliable.

Ah, maybe not so much then. I was just warned against leaving little things that can easily be slipped out in there.
Reply 23
Scratch card?
Reply 24
Macbook Air - Like the advert where they fit it into an envelope
Reply 25
Sweets and chocolate (a good one is the Thorntons chocolate plaque with message, flat, personal and cheap), scarf or beret style hat, hair accessories, photo frame, little posters or flags, little diaries or notebooks from places like Claire's, little purse, small hand mirror to tell her how beautiful she is, cute pair of gloves, magazines that she'd like, buy a notebook and fill it entirely with things you love about her, a t-shirt. As for digital, e-gift vouchers are a nice option, or upgrade her account on a website she uses.
Cinema / theatre tickets.
Reply 27
You said you gave her books? How about sending a nice bookmark? Past Times does some nice ones.
Reply 28
Ah, maybe not so much then. I was just warned against leaving little things that can easily be slipped out in there.

Cellotape the flap down? So that it would be impossible for it to be slipped out until she opened it?
I'm glad because I don't have a penis, that'd give the wrong message. :teehee:

(Besides even if I did, how're we going to get any use out of them. No penis spans the channel.)

Yeah, about that...

:cool:
Reply 30
Original post by KJane
You said you gave her books? How about sending a nice bookmark? Past Times does some nice ones.

Another good idea. If she's anything like me she'll have fifty paper ones from libraries, all of which chewed to Muspellheim. :biggrin:
some anthrax
Reply 32
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
some anthrax

I saw your name and I knew what was coming.

Interestingly i have anthrax on my bed.
Send her a book-a few pages at a time across many Birthdays, Christmases etc.
Reply 34
Original post by PendulumBoB
Send her a book-a few pages at a time across many Birthdays, Christmases etc.

Then leave out the very last page. :biggrin:
Reply 35

Basically my better half's a Belgian and I'd like to send her a gift. I usually buy her books (which are expensive there) or games. This year I bought her a game off Steam for her birthday, so I'd rather not get her another one, feels unimaginative. Small packs are fine too, just not boxes which're an absolute pig to work with. This is an A4 envelope since I'll be sending her a sketch as well and don't want to crease it.

-No gift cards since those're region locked.
-Not just money. :tongue: Typically 'girly' stuff really isn't her thing either.
-Any suggestions for digital stuff'd be good too.

Any suggestions of types of things that'd be the right size and a decent gift would be great!

(I have an idea but the shipping costs as much as the item from the US, it seems a waste but I'll get that for her if I have no better ideas.)

Amazon gift-card? You can send them by email?
Voucher
Reply 37
Basically my better half's a Belgian and I'd like to send her a gift. I usually buy her books (which are expensive there) or games. This year I bought her a game off Steam for her birthday, so I'd rather not get her another one, feels unimaginative. Small packs are fine too, just not boxes which're an absolute pig to work with. This is an A4 envelope since I'll be sending her a sketch as well and don't want to crease it.

-No gift cards since those're region locked.
-Not just money. :tongue: Typically 'girly' stuff really isn't her thing either.
-Any suggestions for digital stuff'd be good too.

Any suggestions of types of things that'd be the right size and a decent gift would be great!

(I have an idea but the shipping costs as much as the item from the US, it seems a waste but I'll get that for her if I have no better ideas.)

A WD Passport? (That's quite digitally)
A Kindle?
An iPad 2?! (expensive!) :eek:
A freshly pressed flower :h:
Reply 39
Original post by PendulumBoB
A freshly pressed flower :h:

I have a flower press somewhere... I mean I know one can just use a book, which I suppose is nicer in a way, though you ruin the book. She'll be visiting in February, I could press a flower in a book for her, then give her both flower in book.

Much like me she lacks an apparent favourite flower, however. I mean, I like snapdragons because they move, but they don't do that when you smush them.

I thought to just make something. It all depends on my ability to find the necessary parts for this operation. It will involve calligraphy and coffee and paper and ovens as well.

She and I nearly got each other the same blasted gift had we not checked at the last minute, so it's not money. We'd both rather nothing than a token gift. Everything I can think of is unavailable, and it's not even typical Christmas gear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending