The Student Room Group

AS Mocks and the Real Exams?

How much of an indication are AS Mocks to the real thing in terms of how well you do in the January Exams?
It depends, if they give you a recent past paper then it's a good indication, although you have the whole of the Christmas holidays to prepare the areas that you're weak in.

They generally say that what you get in the mock, you can push the grade up by 10% (a grade boundary) in the real thing.
Reply 2
it depends really. Last year in one of my physics mocks, i got a U, then got an A in the real exam. If you get rubbish in the mock you know you have to studystudystudy over chrimbo!
Reply 3
C3 Mock: 11%
C3 Exam: 100%
Reply 4
Not always the best indication.

I got a D in a mock paper a week before my AS Biology exam, I got an A in the real thing. I was thoroughly revised for both :confused:
Reply 5
I got A* in my mock and A* in the exam.
AS Mocks: BBBBBCCDUEE

Actual results: AAAABBBCDDE

So yeah definite improvement in my AS results.
Original post by bramz19
C3 Mock: 11%
C3 Exam: 100%

:O wow!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
:O wow!!!

You don't actually believe that do you?
Reply 9

Original post by Zhy

AS mocks, not A2.
Reply 10
A in my politics mock, D in my real exam (thought I'd balance out the thread :lol:)
Original post by Anrel

I do. You can easily have a bad day on the mock date whereas for the exam you have months in advance to prepare so why not believe him.
Reply 12
Original post by Anrel

It's fairly simple. I pissed around all year in lessons. Knew nothing for the mock, and I'm not that good at Maths as it is. Then I got a magic workbook, completed it two weeks before the exam and blasted through past papers, then did the exam. I've got my certificate and I've still got my mock if you really want proof. I'm not really sure why someone would lie about something like this though.
Reply 13
U in the Chemistry mock, A in the real thing
A in the Biology mock, B in the real thing.
I didn't do any others :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by Zhy

Really? because the highest grade you can get at AS is an A. :tongue:
Original post by minaaz2011
How much of an indication are AS Mocks to the real thing in terms of how well you do in the January Exams?

I generally do better in the real things significantly.
Reply 16
They make you think how bad you are and then you'll concentrate more for the real exam

Quick Reply

Latest