The Student Room Group

DSA Allowences

Allo

I've been allocated an amount for internet access from the general allowence. I'm wondering how it works, if its just a case of sending off copies of the bills from your ISP with a claim form?

Incidently, if you're living with other people how does it work? I currently live at home, and my mothers name is on the phone line/bill. Ideally it'd stay that way, but I suspect I'll have to get it all transferred over to mine to be able to claim it back from SFE?

Cheers
Reply 1
I was sent a form to fill in to reclaim allowances for stuff like printer ink. I'm supposed to save up all my receipts and evidence throughout the year then send off for a reimbursement at the end of the academic year.

I'm not sure how it would work for internet costs though. Your best bet is emailing or phoning Student Finance to see what they say, they must get loads of people unsure about how it all works. :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah get it transffered to your name to make it easier claim it.

But for me last year, it was in my house mates name and they initially rejected it. After I replied to it and explained it to the situation to them (I was living in a shared accomodation), they paid me in full.
Reply 3
RA3
OP

Do SFE have an email? I dont recall ever seeing one.
Reply 4

Quick Reply

Latest