The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to post this up, as it's one of my favourite games ever. If anyone else here has played it, I'm going to be quite surprised :smile: I actually only completed it for the first time this year, despite owning it for 10 years :eek:

Reply 261
Dark Messiah, the single player did an amazing job at combining FPS and RPG elements, it never got the attention it deserved.

I actually get the feeling that the old games like Phantom menace are more widely known because there were fewer alternatives back then.
Reply 262
Original post by Daaani
Pandemonium PS1

Amazing game:biggrin:
Original post by spiral87
Eee gads, no, don't buy it on XBOX. Episode 3 should have the same game engine as Ep1 and Ep2 and Portal and Portal 2, should play on older PCs.

Oh, there's nothing new about Black Mesa Source, I just wondered if you knew it existed :smile:

We bought Portal 2 on Xbox because it would have been a bit ridiculous to play it at a worse quality on PC. I don't remember the stats exactly, but I'm sure there was some reason for it, or we'd have just got if for PC :dontknow: Anyway I can just hope our current computer becomes outdated before then :tongue: (it is a few years old already :teehee:)

Ohhh yeah I wasn't sure what you mean, but I do now :tongue: Is it out already or not? :curious:
Prince of Persia (remakes) - The levels were pretty.

Alice: Madness Returns - Beautifully designed scenery and amazing enemies.

Jak and Daxter (The 1st One) - Just the simplicity and the mini missions within it are fun. Completed it with 100% twice.
Reply 265
zelda- ocarina of time
Original post by Royale
zelda- ocarina of time

How the hell is that even possible? :eek:
Original post by BambiHayes
It would have to be Discworld (on PS1 I think) Loved that wizard and his snoring chest :biggrin: Never did find anyone who knows of it....

Best game ever! But on PC not PS1.

Probably not that unknown with it being based on Terry Pratchett books..
Under A Killing Moon.
Reply 269
Original post by Royale
zelda- ocarina of time

If only it was one of the greatest games of all time, someone, somewhere might have played it...
Ape Escape - PS1. EDIT:Just saw someone has already mentioned it. :L It's an awesome game! Many hours of fun with those good old monkeys.

(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone played Blasto on PS1?
Original post by DH-Biker
I was pro at that game. At the start with the Destroyer Droids, I managed to kill those and thusly broke the game off the bat.

Though the bit with Jar Jar Binks soon after, ****ing fumbling around doing ****ty little puzzles for that crack-head infuriated me to the point I wanted to strike someone innocent with my controller.

If I was void of anger issues before that game, it definitely changed it with that single mission.

But the rest of it was great, but I kept managing to kill enemies that weren't supposed to be killed. The game didn't know what to do with itself.

But I agree, a remake would be great! I remember so much about that game now I'm actually recalling it all. Running around Naboo finding guards and super-blasters and running into groups of droids like a boss.

Mos Eisely, too, that was quite annoying. Those damn Aliens kept wanting to talk to you...

I'm about to SLASH!!!

ALL MY PRICES!
Reply 273
Original post by Zuki

playing this game without a memory card was a killer.

Win win win. Space Mma's Crater/Eat at Joe's were hell!
Without a memory card :gah:
Reply 274
Original post by LeeC
Amazing game:biggrin:

Scariest game Over going though-character literally has a heart attack in front of you. I was 7 :eek:
Reply 275

Reply 276
project IGI on PC only was too good
Reply 277
Original post by Riku
My less mainstream childhood faves (could post ****loads of platformers/Final Fantasy):

One of my early childhood obsessions that one. It took me genuinely 2 years (not continuous play, I believe I gave up trying daily, returned sporadically for a few months, then left it entirely for over a year before I went back and figured it out) to get past the first minataur. You're on a ledge and he's sort of marching around in the stream below. I would try every hack and slash possible but my puny sword never seemed to do a jot of damage, and I'd always be ended rapidly.
It took me 2 years to figure out you're supposed to jump straight onto it's back. No secret keys, no special combo moves, no crazy loopholes or cheat codes (hilarious to think this was so long ago I don't think we had internet, so I had no access to online game guides which would've solved it in minutes) just hold down the -> key and make sure you land on it's back, then rodeo the sh*t out of it.
Damn that bit haunted me
Original post by Kater Murr
Go for it!

I don't know anyone else who has played either Team Buddies (PS1) or Incredible Crisis (PS1), both brilliant games though.

spyro PS2 :colone:
Reply 279
who has played thios game?

Called Blood

Must watch

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CibO_6YBX_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick Reply

Latest