The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daaani
Pandemonium PS1

'Wish for a thousand wishes, wish for a thousand wishes!'

Decent game although I remember on my copy when you tried to load half the levels the game crashed.
Reply 341
Original post by DH-Biker
I downloaded the trial for XBL and loved it, but never got around to buying the full edition. Really should do that at some point, as I kept track of it from when I first heard about it through OXM.

I think it's the only marketplace game I've downloaded without even bothering to try first - I could tell from the description and screenshots it was something special, so I checked the Edge website and sure enough it got 9/10. They've got a lot more generous with their reviews in recent years but that's still a pretty credible mark of quality. Definitely get it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Introvert2020
The official game for The Phantom Menace on PS1, it got reviews as bad as the film but I was obsessed with it for years. In many ways it was the precursor to the Knights of the Old Republic game, which was almost identical in style but more advanced (naturally) than TPM.

Probably already been said but... that game was all about killing all of the gungans but still completing the level...
This thread may be able to give me answers, i once played a demo of like a metal spider type thing, it had loads of guns and was possibly set in a dockyard?
Not much to go on i know, but if anybody could help i'd love to buy that game :colondollar:
Did anyone play Starsweep? It was the first PS game I ever got, and I love it. It was a puzzle game which involved matching up the correct colour stars on the blocks. And those 'Bother Clouds'...what a nuisance! :wink: Had some great game modes :smile:
Reply 345
Original post by pongalo
That game is legendary! I don't think i ever found all of the keys but i got the majority :h:

Okey Dokey Jones, made me LOL. Sucked at the mini-golf challenges though.
Reply 346
Original post by Siggles
My first, and one of my favourite games ever. Even if it was unbelievably frustrating at times. No one I've asked before has known about it.

I still own it! The box is broken, but I have the disc :h:

Holy.****.

I spent hours on this game and I completely forgot about it.

Wow having a massive rush of memories here.

:dice: :love:
Reply 347
Last Half of Darkness.

One of the oldest games on the PC, but back in the 1990's, this was an absoloute scary and hi-tech thrill.

Twas an absoloute pleasure to play, no-joke.

I remeber some of my friends actually crying when we played this with each other during a sleep over. This game was scary as **** although it was a basic DOS game. Still remember a horrific scene where your heart was literally ripped out of your chest.

It was fair to say none of us got any decent sleep after playing that game.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 348
I actually still have SO many PS1 games. And i have no PS1. But i won't even consider getting rid. Not going to happen....
xD And i wonder why my friends think i'm odd.
Reply 349
Original post by Mo-Amin
You need better friends =D
Haha yeah, they really have =[ Definitely keeping hold of my PSX for as long as possible :P

I loved this! As soon as I saw it I too thought of Steamboat Willie. Will have to hunt it down.
But yeah it's weird playing games I had as a kid now I'm older, swear they were wasted on me when I was little and crap at games :P

Update on Mickey-now available on the PAL PlayStation Network. I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas :tongue:

Still no sign of Spyro though. Loads of Crash and Rayman but no Spyro!. I mean c'mon; him, Crash Bandicoot and Lara Croft were Sony's joint mascots back in the late 90s. They were so big, there were even toys of them in Kelloggs cereals! What a way to get kids onto Shreddies.
Puzzle Bobble 2

Also Net Yaroze games, such as Bouncer II and The Haunted Maze. Nobody remembers :frown:
Warhawk, this game has been going for 4 years on PS3 and is very addictive.
Original post by WhySoLimey
populous: the beginning.

I played that. It was great.
Original post by Akuma
I played that. It was great.

twas amazing.

tried installing it now though but it wont work :frown:
Reply 355
Original post by Riku
Update on Mickey-now available on the PAL PlayStation Network. I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas :tongue:

Still no sign of Spyro though. Loads of Crash and Rayman but no Spyro!. I mean c'mon; him, Crash Bandicoot and Lara Croft were Sony's joint mascots back in the late 90s. They were so big, there were even toys of them in Kelloggs cereals! What a way to get kids onto Shreddies.

Damn. I better buy a PS3! For that, Uncharted, LBP, Heavy Rain and The Last of Us :P

Yeah they were, wish I still had my Crash Bandicoot toy =[ Surprised with the lack of Spyro...
Tombi 1 & 2 for the Playstation! Incredible games.
Original post by LinzyLoo
Puzzle Bobble 2

Also Net Yaroze games, such as Bouncer II and The Haunted Maze. Nobody remembers :frown:

Net Yaroze? Wow, you mean there were actually good games made for it? I remember getting some games on a demo disc, one was 'it's a dogs life' or something and it was so bad
Reply 358
Original post by salad_fingers
Net Yaroze? Wow, you mean there were actually good games made for it? I remember getting some games on a demo disc, one was 'it's a dogs life' or something and it was so bad

I played a few aswell, here are best ones that I can remember...

Haunted Maze... Pac-man in 3D I think
Terra Incognita... blocky action game with anime pirate dude
Devil Dice... puzzle game with little devil characters pushing dice around a grid.
This was possibly the best of the bunch and was released for PS1 as a full game and I've seen it listed in the book 1001 games you must play before you ...DIE, haha.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dice
Original post by noggins
I played a few aswell, here are best ones that I can remember...

Haunted Maze... Pac-man in 3D I think
Terra Incognita... blocky action game with anime pirate dude
Devil Dice... puzzle game with little devil characters pushing dice around a grid.
This was possibly the best of the bunch and was released for PS1 as a full game and I've seen it listed in the book 1001 games you must play before you ...DIE, haha.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dice

Oh yeah I remmeber renting Devil's Dice years ago, I didn't like it much haha, not a huge fan of puzzle games myself.

It would be so cool to have a Net Yaroze though, especally considering how much they sell for!

Quick Reply

Latest