The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Knights of Honor anyone?

Original post by Curly_hair_girl
So Hard!
I remeber Abe Odyessy (scared me as a child) and Croc (PS1).
Heart of Darkness (scared me as a child) (PS1).
Skull Monkeys (PS1).

I've got two games for the PS2 I think that are (realatively) unknown Ico (actually think it is known by people think it should be more popular) and this game called Sorcereress 2 (picked this one up as a three for two offer the other two being pop:sands of time and Devil May Cry).

Abes odyssey was great, shame I was a child when I playedthe demo, my parents hardly used to buy my any games at the time :frown:
AND HEART OF DARKNESS. I had it on pc and I couldn't get past the first level :| so damn creepy, too.

And SOT and DMC...not unknown but I'll just add my appreciation here :wink:

Original post by TheGoat
Kula World / Roll Away :s noone I know seems to have any idea of what it is 8-)

Only ever had a demo of that but it was so much fun.

Original post by HeatherM
Yeah, i was a cool little girl...

I used to alternate between that and Spyro. Loved my PS1.

I still have a PS2. But i do (shamefully) admit I stopped playing it because i got stuck. On Spyro. A game for little people... O_o

Heather x

Don't feel bad. Spyro was hard, especially for kids.
I bought 1&2 recently on ps1 and am having trouble with them :p:
Games used to be so much harder back then

Original post by pinkangelgirl
age of mythology, age of empires, diablo, zoo tycoon, rollercoaster tycoon and THEME HOSPITALLLLL

I still have these now :colondollar:
Although theme hospital won't work on windows 7 ¬¬

Original post by Madmandanxd
Fur Fighters Vigo's Revenge, i think it was called! amazing game, on the ps2!!!

My friend's recently bought that in a fit of nostalgia. Hours of fun.

Anyway:
Harry potter 1&2 on ps1 and 1-5 on ps2 :p:

Valkyrie profile 2 and onimusha: dawn of dreams/2/warlords on ps2

WET. Everyone just s******* about the name but don't know what it is!

I won't list the multitude of wussy PC games I have/used to have ahahaha

EDIT: well done for censoring a completely legit word, TSR :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hide the Sausage : Bobbitt's Revenge on Wii
My Dad used to play this all the time on the PS1 when I was little. Used to find it fascinating. I was never a gamer, but I remember this!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hitman 47 series.

Wish they created something multi-player. :frown:
Knights on the sega megadrive! You flew and collected rings and aww it was so good, i even got the new version for the wii and barely anyone knows what im in about :frown:
Original post by Kater Murr
Go for it!

I don't know anyone else who has played either Team Buddies (PS1) or Incredible Crisis (PS1), both brilliant games though.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat were all incredible. The best games I've ever played, and by far the scariest too.

Wandering around a radiated wasteland with mutants, enemy factions, para-military groups and your bog-standard bandit with customisable weaponry of all shapes and sizes, weight limits, food and water needing to be eaten/drunk, bleeding from wounds, posions and best of all, Anomolies. :colone:

Elements of Radiation that turns into different types of distortion. For example, one threw you in the air, another whisked you into a vortex and threw out a skeleton, one was just a massive blast of radiation, another fried your electronic equipment, another forced you to bleed profusely.

The Mutants where by far the best element in the game, though. The scariest moment in my entire gaming history is walking into this underground bunker system, flicking on my weapon's torch and it lighting up the face of a Bloodsucker about two feet in front of me. I've never opened up as much whoop-ass in one three second burst, though. And I didn't stop shooting at its corpse until I'd wasted about half my ammo.

But yeah, I only know a few people who've played it. And its a shame, because it was an incredible game. Its closest console relative is Metro 2033, which is quite similar in stature but its not open-world, there isn't a kit-menu and you don't have a weight limit among other differences in story, mutants, factions, weaponry etc.
Original post by imperial maniac
Homeworld, I swear I'm the only person that own it, even the multiplayer servers are deader than a dead man.

BUT JUST LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS:

I've still got it lying around somewhere. I haven't played in years, though. I never got very far with it, but whilst playing Empire at War and the Space Battles on it, I was like:

"Wait a second, I own a game that is this, but better... Now if I could only play it. :frown: "

Alas, my computer soon exploded and I've never bothered to find/install it. I might today though, and finally attempt some sort of super-success on it. :colone:
Original post by Introvert2020
The official game for The Phantom Menace on PS1, it got reviews as bad as the film but I was obsessed with it for years. In many ways it was the precursor to the Knights of the Old Republic game, which was almost identical in style but more advanced (naturally) than TPM.

I was pro at that game. At the start with the Destroyer Droids, I managed to kill those and thusly broke the game off the bat.

Though the bit with Jar Jar Binks soon after, ****ing fumbling around doing ****ty little puzzles for that crack-head infuriated me to the point I wanted to strike someone innocent with my controller.

If I was void of anger issues before that game, it definitely changed it with that single mission.

But the rest of it was great, but I kept managing to kill enemies that weren't supposed to be killed. The game didn't know what to do with itself.

But I agree, a remake would be great! I remember so much about that game now I'm actually recalling it all. Running around Naboo finding guards and super-blasters and running into groups of droids like a boss.

Mos Eisely, too, that was quite annoying. Those damn Aliens kept wanting to talk to you...
Medievil 1 & 2 both on the ps1, both amazing games.
kingdom hearts 1 and 2 made up my childhood :')
Reply 112
Original post by HeatherM
Scooby Doo + The Cyber Chase = Play Station 1.
It was epic.
As far as i can remember... xD

Agreed! Best game of its time :wink:

Ahh, childhood :rolleyes:
The two Tombi games for the PS1.
Original post by screamaimash
24: The Game, PS2. 'Nuff said.

But that game's so bad :tongue:

sheep dong 'n' wolf. absolutely amazing game.
Abe's Oddysey, Rocks and Gems, Kingsleys Adventures (all ps1)
Reply 119
Original post by Bellissima
toejam and earl3 mission to earth, xbox... i dont know if anyone has played that

Toejam and earl for the sega is where it's at :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest