The Student Room Group

TSR Subway Appreciation Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'm onto my second card now! i must join!

gotta love it.

question though; when ordering something off the toasted menu, do you need to ask for it to be toasted? because my last two have just been normal.
silence
i'm onto my second card now! i must join!

gotta love it.

question though; when ordering something off the toasted menu, do you need to ask for it to be toasted? because my last two have just been normal.
The guys in my local subway always ask "do you want it toasted?"
yeah i also get asked if i want it toasted too!
Reply 43
Does anybody else work at subway or is it just me :s-smilie:
Hey guys, my name is Phil. I guess I'm the newest member of the society!

I usually get a sub of the day everyday, today was Southwest Cheese Steak, mmmmmm.

My fave would me Subway club, toasted, with lettuce, pepper, onion and carrot, toasted herb and cheese bread and sweet onion sauce. Heaven!
How many subways are there in your town/city centre?

i'm in birmingham and i've counted....
under the pailisades ramp
by the bus stop
by the escalaters to new street station
back of newstreet
by the hippodrome

so that's 5 so far, though there's probably more

im not sure if theres 1 actually in the bullring... anybody spotted more?
In Durham there are 2: 1 down from the bus station and another (crappier) one in the centre of durham near the market place, opposite Waterstones.
Reply 47
You guys are all joking right? Subway is awful, all the stores have a vile smell which radiates around the outside of them making me feel sick and ill at the thought of their food.

*considers anti-subway soc*
Reply 48
ah....no subway in oxford - this is the life...

*gestures support for daveo's soc...*
Reply 49
Its all about the footlong veggie delites, all about that and that alone.
I was in Newcastle all day today and counted 4 franchises, and only one Starbucks :eek:
Reply 51
me want subway! yum.
My Fav Subway Is Chicken Tikka With The Italian Herb And Cheeses Bread Its The Most Delicious However The Honey Mustard Ham Is Also Quite Scrumptious As Well..................and I Always Have One On A Wednesday After Colllege.....its Pretty Funny Coz The Guy That Works There Always Knows What Tym I Am Going To Come So When He Sees Me Through The Door He Already Starts Making It And By The Time I Get To The Till Its Already Done.............now Thats What I Call Fast Service..............lol
What the hell is all the capitals at the start of everyword for??? My head!
Count me in! :biggrin:
Reply 55
Daveo
You guys are all joking right? Subway is awful, all the stores have a vile smell which radiates around the outside of them making me feel sick and ill at the thought of their food.

*considers anti-subway soc*

y'know
he has a point....
I wouldn't describe the smell as "vile"; at the very least not compared to smells outside any other fast food place on the high street.
Reply 57
The smell is vile when the shop manager next door starts complaining at the subway staff, when the shop next door failed to reject their planning permission! I like subway, but often can't afford it! :frown: Don't buy much fast food...shocking i know!
:confused: Maybe the smell only exists around certain franchises. I've certainly never noticed an offputting aroma.
I love the smell, it smells of freshly baked bread- what's wrong with that?

Quick Reply

Latest