The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary at St. Marys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hey I'm so pleased for you both! I still haven't heard and I'm getting really really worried, was just wondering what time they updated your gttr? Like is there a standard time haha. Can you tell I'm getting desperate?
Reply 41
Still haven't heard anything from the college! Had my interview on the 12th of jan! Dying to know one way or another!!!
Reply 42
I found out around 3ish, but I've noticed on other message boards that some people have found out at 1pm...so it really varies.
Also, nicicola, my interview was only the day before yours, so if they are working in order of interview date there's every chance you could find out tomorrow x
Reply 43
Original post by nicicola
Still haven't heard anything from the college! Had my interview on the 12th of jan! Dying to know one way or another!!!

Hey hun, you heard anything? Mine was on the 12th and I've heard nothing but I know that's there's people who had our interview on the same day that have heard.
Reply 44
Original post by amish247
Hey hun, you heard anything? Mine was on the 12th and I've heard nothing but I know that's there's people who had our interview on the same day that have heard.

Yea guys I'm in the same boat - Interview on the 12th but still saying 'interview' on gttr status...getting impatient at this stage knowing plenty of others seemed to have heard.
Reply 45
Original post by Drama 16
Yea guys I'm in the same boat - Interview on the 12th but still saying 'interview' on gttr status...getting impatient at this stage knowing plenty of others seemed to have heard.

Hey what does your surname begin with?
Reply 46
Hey what does your surname begin with?

Darren C' ....have u heard anyone from the 12th Jan date that has received an offer?!
Reply 47
Yeah someone I met at the interview got an offer today! I'm angry more then anything now its so unfair to keep us waiting this long especially when everyone else has heard now
Reply 48
Yeah someone I met at the interview got an offer today! I'm angry more then anything now its so unfair to keep us waiting this long especially when everyone else has heard now

Ahh nah, that doesn't help us..well I dont know what could be the hold-up but fingers crossed anyway!
Reply 49
Finally heard today I've got offer. Interview was on Jan 12th...
Reply 50
I called St Mary's today and was told that i was on a reserve list for now, but to call Monday afternoon for an update and that is why my status still says Interview on gttr! I am guessing this may therefore also apply to some others who said they still have not heard? Good luck to everyone though!
Reply 51
Got a conditional offer today! Shocked and delighted! Hope everyone hears soon!
How did everyone find the interview process as a whole, then? What was your presentation on?
Reply 53
Has anyone who has received a conditional offer from St Mary's for the Primary PGCE course received anything in the post, or had any further contact with St Mary's? I assumed that they would send us further information, but haven't received anything.
Reply 54
I haven't received anything yet either, I thought we might get a letter about the 2 weeks work experience we need to have done before we start. But I guess we'll get something when we get officially accepted, not just a conditional offer?
Got my offer today! See you all there :smile:
I'm now officially a St Mary's student. Has anyone received a welcome letter, after contacting the Uni in order to confirm the place?
Hello!

I wonder if any of you could give me any tips for the St.Marys interview and presentation? Is it a group presentation? Im so nervous, I have a late interview next week! Any help would be amazing! Thanks
Original post by Katy.Sunshine
Hello!

I wonder if any of you could give me any tips for the St.Marys interview and presentation? Is it a group presentation? Im so nervous, I have a late interview next week! Any help would be amazing! Thanks

I'd recommend having some sort of current educational issue that you can discuss/write about, for mine I talked about 'no notice' inspections by OFSTED but there's lots of other things out there. For the presentation, they just put you into groups and listen to you discuss an issue and then your group presents your findings to them. Try and ensure you speak really clearly and project your voice. All in all it's not too scary at all. For the group parts make sure you're involved with good input but try not to dominate the discussion or give off an impression of arrogance/cockiness. Good luck!
Original post by Katy.Sunshine
Hello!

How'd it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending