The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Original post by apple17
Yeah, about Afters. Nope, I got sick so no ice cream but I did take the district line (i believe) to mile end and whitechapel. :smile:
Kings went okay (i think, they seemed okay and only pressurized me once), HYMS was the same (i screwed up one question) but glasgow and sheffield were horrible. Had a brain freeze at sheffield. ENGLAND is amazing. :love: except the roads are opposite ways to Canada and US. :facepalm:
How are exams? :smile:

Oh okay, Aw that sucks :p: Well, you'll have 6 years to go there once you get your offer from Kings :smile: Yeah, I heard they're mean :p: That's why I didn't apply there :laugh:
It's not that amazing :p: Although I have to admit, it's better than America I guess lol. Although Canada is nice :p: I thought the drivers seats were the opposite side? I can't remember lol.

Haven't started, but gonna fail :smile:
Reply 3061
Original post by apple17
Yeah, about Afters. Nope, I got sick so no ice cream but I did take the district line (i believe) to mile end and whitechapel. :smile:
Kings went okay (i think, they seemed okay and only pressurized me once), HYMS was the same (i screwed up one question) but glasgow and sheffield were horrible. Had a brain freeze at sheffield. ENGLAND is amazing. :love: except the roads are opposite ways to Canada and US. :facepalm:
How are exams? :smile:

What you mean to say is. Canada and the US have opposite sided roads to everyone else.

Original post by apple17
2 went okay: KCL and HYMS. but Glasgow and sheffield were :facepalm:
How are exams going? :smile:

Explain. :fuhrer:
Reply 3062
Original post by Vulpes
What you mean to say is. Canada and the US have opposite sided roads to everyone else.

Explain. :fuhrer:

Oops, to everyone else? Dubai had the same system as canada. :lol: but yeah in essence, what u said
Read ur PM, don't think i am allowed to rant about it here. :tongue:
Reply 3063
Original post by apple17
Oops, to everyone else? Dubai had the same system as canada. :lol: but yeah in essence, what u said
Read ur PM, don't think i am allowed to rant about it here. :tongue:

What PM? o.o
Reply 3064
Original post by Revent
Oh okay, Aw that sucks :p: Well, you'll have 6 years to go there once you get your offer from Kings :smile: Yeah, I heard they're mean :p: That's why I didn't apply there :laugh
It's not that amazing :p: Although I have to admit, it's better than America I guess lol. Although Canada is nice :p: I thought the drivers seats were the opposite side? I can't remember lol.

Haven't started, but gonna fail :smile:

I know, hopefully KCL gives me an offer. I applied cuz I knew my UKCAT is prob going to be above cuto-off and I met min academics so it means automatic interview, so glad I had some more interviews to fall back on or I would be even more depressed.
Porb a change for me, no snow and ur transit systems are way better than here. Yeah, the drivers seats are on opp sides too. :facepalm: I almost got run over cuz I was looking at the opp side of the road, luckily some streets had look left/right for pedestrians. :woo:
Reply 3065
Original post by Vulpes
What PM? o.o

I think i sent you a PM :dontknow:
Reply 3066
Original post by apple17
I think i sent you a PM :dontknow:

Well now you did :tongue:
Reply 3067
Original post by apple17
I know, hopefully KCL gives me an offer. I applied cuz I knew my UKCAT is prob going to be above cuto-off and I met min academics so it means automatic interview, so glad I had some more interviews to fall back on or I would be even more depressed.
Porb a change for me, no snow and ur transit systems are way better than here. Yeah, the drivers seats are on opp sides too. :facepalm: I almost got run over cuz I was looking at the opp side of the road, luckily some streets had look left/right for pedestrians. :woo:

I'm sure they will :smile:
:laugh: Two inches of snow will grind this country to a halt although it's not very common :p: Yeah, the tube is great even though it's incredibly expensive! Haha! lol That happened to me in France :p:
Reply 3068
Original post by Revent
I'm sure they will :smile:
:laugh: Two inches of snow will grind this country to a halt although it's not very common :p: Yeah, the tube is great even though it's incredibly expensive! Haha! lol That happened to me in France :p:

Fingers crossed. :smile:
Rain is even more annoying though. :laugh: I know, 4.30 or something for a single ride, those day pass thingies are way better. :naughty: No laughing at others. :tongue:
Original post by apple17
Hey everyone :smile:
Back from england. :woo:
Guessing its exam time, so GOOD LUCK. ;D

how did they go???? :biggrin:

and happy belated birthday! i hope you did something special for it :smile:
Reply 3070
Original post by laurie:)
how did they go???? :biggrin:

and happy belated birthday! i hope you did something special for it :smile:

I think King's went okay (i messed up on 2 questions imo), sheffield and glasgow were terrible and genuinely confused about HYMS, think it went well but its a comp different style. How was newcastle? :smile:
Thank you, I had a nice dinner and roamed around sheffield. They have this place called meadowhall with 300 shops. :daydreaming:
Hope you had a nice birthday too :smile:
Original post by apple17
I think King's went okay (i messed up on 2 questions imo), sheffield and glasgow were terrible and genuinely confused about HYMS, think it went well but its a comp different style. How was newcastle? :smile:
Thank you, I had a nice dinner and roamed around sheffield. They have this place called meadowhall with 300 shops. :daydreaming:

ahhh try not to look back on it too much, i looked back on kings far too much and it almost brought me to tears i thought i had done so badly :tongue:
newcastle was very, very, very cold. but other than that, i dont think it went terrifically well :/
sounds awesome :biggrin: yep, just spent it with my family and shizzle, most of my friends were in an exam so school was kinda empty :tongue:
Reply 3072
Original post by apple17

Meadowhall is tiny! Go visit Hong Kong :h:
Reply 3073
ahhh try not to look back on it too much, i looked back on kings far too much and it almost brought me to tears i thought i had done so badly :tongue:
newcastle was very, very, very cold. but other than that, i dont think it went terrifically well :/
sounds awesome :biggrin: yep, just spent it with my family and shizzle, most of my friends were in an exam so school was kinda empty :tongue:

Exactly, same with me and sheffield. I finally understood why all you peeps are so doubtful after an interview, i can only remember my faults and nothing good. KCL was weird cuz he asked me what I would do in this ethical scenario and made me answer 2 ethical scenarios (related but still)
Aww, don't worry, you still have an offer from ur top choice. :woo:
Ooh, you don't have exams and that sounds fun :biggrin:.
Reply 3074
Original post by Vulpes
Meadowhall is tiny! Go visit Hong Kong :h:

:eek3:
Must save money to go to HK or I will do my foreign elective there. Meadowhall was awesome. :biggrin:
Original post by apple17
Exactly, same with me and sheffield. I finally understood why all you peeps are so doubtful after an interview, i can only remember my faults and nothing good. KCL was weird cuz he asked me what I would do in this ethical scenario and made me answer 2 ethical scenarios (related but still)
Aww, don't worry, you still have an offer from ur top choice. :woo:
Ooh, you don't have exams and that sounds fun :biggrin:.

i have exams but not that one cause i dropped maths :tongue:
they were probably just pushing you to get the best out of you :h: watch when you get all offers!
must feel good to have them all out of the way now?
Reply 3076
i have exams but not that one cause i dropped maths :tongue:
they were probably just pushing you to get the best out of you :h: watch when you get all offers!
must feel good to have them all out of the way now?

Good job. :five: I wish I could drop it, doing sequence and series atm and I absolutely hate it. I think the only course I like this year is economics, everything else seems bleh.
Haha, thanks that would be amazing but pre sure won't happen. :tongue:
Definitely, now just the dreaded wait but almost done UCAS which is amazing. Are you going to go to all of your 4 interviews? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apple17
Good job. :five: I wish I could drop it, doing sequence and series atm and I absolutely hate it. I think the only course I like this year is economics, everything else seems bleh.
Haha, thanks that would be amazing but pre sure won't happen. :tongue:
Definitely, now just the dreaded wait but almost done UCAS which is amazing. Are you going to go to all of your 4 interviews? :smile:

i think im gonna like psych and bio this year, but not chemistry :tongue:
im going to st andrews in a week and a bit, but im still not sure about leicester :s-smilie:

my friend got me "the immortal life of henrietta lacks" for my birthday, which im pretty excited about :h:
Reply 3078
i think im gonna like psych and bio this year, but not chemistry :tongue:
im going to st andrews in a week and a bit, but im still not sure about leicester :s-smilie:

my friend got me "the immortal life of henrietta lacks" for my birthday, which im pretty excited about :h:

Really, chemistry this year seems better for me esp cuz data response in bio got intense. :s-smilie:
Oh, true say, st.andrews is so pretty too, was going to apply there but hate the idea of moving around. :erm:
Aww, lucky, that is so cool. Have fun reading. :biggrin:
Reply 3079
Original post by apple17
Fingers crossed. :smile:
Rain is even more annoying though. :laugh: I know, 4.30 or something for a single ride, those day pass thingies are way better. :naughty: No laughing at others. :tongue:

Yup :smile:
Yeah, it rains a lot here :p: Snow is epic but rare :sadnod:
:mmm: That's a lot of money! :eek: Didn't you buy an oyster?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending