The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
BAC? Do you mean percentage alcohol? :dontknow:
Wine may only be 13% but it's cheap! £5 for this bottle which is 9.8 units. Vodka is about £10 for 28 units but I can NOT drink it neat so it's slower to get drunk. Student life is all about efficiency!

Oh and I did 3/4 a bottle of vodka on 999 night (joint night between all london med schools)... woke up in someone elses bed but thankfully she was a BL medic so grabbed her notes and went to PBL :colone:

After only 4 shots?? First night here my dad bought me 3 tequila shots which I had to down then my mum (barts family, parents/grandparents look after you. Good luck to my freshers :colone:) bought me 2 double gin and tonics (hate gin :yucky) followed by a night of drinking. Your mate is a lightweight :rolleyes:

No you do not get a temp purple title :tongue:
I won't speak of rewards :noway:

Oopsies. :facepalm: Blonde moments. :tongue:
True, economizing how to drink is the best part of student life.
That is purely evil :nah:, did you at least return them back to her and 999 sounds awesome, so its between impy/ucl/kcl/sgul/barts? We should honesntly have an a alcoholic award for u. :laugh:
It was so funny, cuz he was trying to be all manly and stuff bout it too. Thought it was your real mom and dad for a second, my face was :eek:. Feel so bad for ur freshers, glad I am not going to be at Barts
Hmph, i better be getting one soon. :tongue:
p.s. ur new year resolution should be to be able to drink vodka straight by the end of 1st year. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apple17
Oopsies. :facepalm: Blonde moments. :tongue:
True, economizing how to drink is the best part of student life.
That is purely evil :nah:, did you at least return them back to her and 999 sounds awesome, so its between impy/ucl/kcl/sgul/barts? We should honesntly have an a alcoholic award for u. :laugh:
It was so funny, cuz he was trying to be all manly and stuff bout it too. Thought it was your real mom and dad for a second, my face was :eek:. Feel so bad for ur freshers, glad I am not going to be at Barts
Hmph, i better be getting one soon. :tongue:

I assumed it was the Canadian way of saying it but whatever :tongue:

No... economising is not good :no:
I'd much rather get drunk on lager etc but there isn't the time or the money :no:

Nah I threw them away.. the notes were crap! :lol:
Yeah it was between BL, SGUL, UCL, GKT and Imperial (even though imps aren't actually London uni :hand:)
I would accept that award graciously :yep:

He knows noting :rofl:
My real parents buy me normal drinks, if anything. My Barts parents bought me those dangerous drinks.. haven't really seen them since :sad:
My freshers will love me.. especially if they use TSR :colone:
If they choose not to drink then I'm disowning them :evil:
You'll be missing out :yep:

We'll see :lol:
Original post by AkDo
je fais le francais au "fac" [je prefere le terme université mais mon prof dit que c'est faux :frown:]. alors je voudrais écouter ce chanson - j'aime alors on danse - c'est la seule chanson francaise je sais malheureusement. d'accord! pour ma part, les personnes qui ne veulent pas aider vos amis, comment peuvent-ils devenir médecins bons? vraiment un dommage... ah oui, guji et leur amie, ils sont le meilleurs amis dans le monde. vraiment. les choses qu'ils font pour moi. je les adores beaucoup.

oh great i didn't realise i had to translate >.< google translate here I come

i do the french at the "college" [I prefer the term university but my teacher says it's wrong: (]. then I would listen to song - I love when they dance - the only French song I know unfortunately. agree! for my part, people who do not want to help your friends, how can they become good doctors? really a shame ... oh yeah, Guji and their friend, they are the best friends in the world . really. the things they do for me. I love them a lot.

my french is actually terrible atm :/ the amount of grammar mistakes. you wouldn't believe i speak it fluently. doing a course basically that teaches me how to be completely fluent in medical french. it's quite cool :smile: unfortunately it's my medical knowledge that often lacks with me translating words into english then still realising I don't know them. and actually it's just cos i'm one to push myself to learn languages and do really random interesting things. i spend more time on my hobbies than medicine :'( i mean look at how i designed my blog. took me hours to make all those images and stuff :'(

Haha, c'est un chansons vraiment pour la danse xD Ooh, il y un monde de musique francais pour toi! Elle Me Dit de Mika serait un bien demarrer! Il est tres sexy quand il parle francais :sexface:
Oui, je suis d'accord avec toi... si ils ne veulent meme pas aider leur amis, comment peuvent-ils aider les etrangers?
Ahhh, trop mignon. xD Mais aussi ils ont la chance de t'avoir!

"Haha, it's really a song for the dance xD Ooh, there is a french music world for you! "She said" Mika would be a good start! It is very sexy when he speaks french: sexface:
Yes, I agree with you ... if they do not even want to help their friends, how can they help strangers?
Ahhh, so cute. xD But they are also lucky to have you!"

Your grammar seems fine to me... but I'm in the same boat, tbh, I am crap at grammar and I've only recently realised that grammar actually is necessary :p:
That's really cool! You can say you're fluent in english, english medical jargon, french, and french medical jargon :colone:

:rofl: At least you have hobbies rather than hiding lecture notes from your friends. :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1963

I'd much rather get drunk on lager etc but there isn't the time or the money :no:

Yeah it was between BL, SGUL, UCL, GKT and Imperial (even though imps aren't actually London uni :hand:)

My real parents buy me normal drinks, if anything. My Barts parents bought me those dangerous drinks.. haven't really seen them since :sad:

Thats a smart assumption and you gave me a nice excuse for the blonde moments. :five:
Aww, well when you work in summer, save up all your money for that/ just drink after the job. :ninja:
:naughty: Poor girl. That must have been a huge event, so its a night full of drinking?
Well, at least he drinks. :rofl: Aww, so Barts parents are only with you for Freshers, not the rest of the year? You should wear a penguin costume, make them happy. :naughty: You should be nicer to people, :dontknow: why you are becoming a medic. :tongue:
You promised? :cry2:
p.s. make your new year's resolution to be able to drink vodka straight. :wink:

i love how i was reading through this conversation just after i read this article :rofl:
Original post by AkDo
I'll pass it on! Mais je dois poser la question, que veux-tu dire par "parle a ma main" c'est la meme sens comme en anglais? je suis curieux. 'éspere aussi que vous vraiment parlez le francais autrement je me semble un peu stupide :/
C'est un vraiment choc parce qu'on pense que des personnes qui veulent aider les gens un jour sont vos ennemis.

just to translate just in case you aren't french :P (sorry was practicing) - what do you mean by "speak to my hand"? same sense as english? i'm curious. hope you are french otherwise i'll look stupid. anyhow it's a shock cos you think those who wanna be doctors are caring individuals but they are essentially your "enemies" or "frienemies" as they're called in english (now) (by me)

I'm immensely proud of myself for still understanding that French, despite dropping it over two and a half years ago :colone:
I'm only a fresher... wait till I'm a finalist :mwuaha:

Spoiler

I'm not sure if i can wait thaaat long :K:

-

Omgoshh psq this episodeee :bawling:

I got sooo emotional after, I just couldn't shake it off me man, got tears in my eyes and everything. Was just soooo sad lol :cry2:
Reply 1968
Penguinsaysquack
x

ViceVersa
x

:cheers: Thanks to everyone who voted for us!!! And congratulations to both of you!
SECONDDD! :woo:
Original post by ViceVersa
Omgoshh psq this episodeee :bawling:

I got sooo emotional after, I just couldn't shake it off me man, got tears in my eyes and everything. Was just soooo sad lol :cry2:

Awww bless you :console:

Oh and congrats on coming second in the awards! :woo:
Original post by manic_fuzz
I'm not sure if i can wait thaaat long :K:

Tough :tongue:

Original post by laurie:)
i love how i was reading through this conversation just after i read this article :rofl:

It's only a problem if you let it become a problem :colone:

Original post by apple17
Thats a smart assumption and you gave me a nice excuse for the blonde moments. :five:
Aww, well when you work in summer, save up all your money for that/ just drink after the job. :ninja:
:naughty: Poor girl. That must have been a huge event, so its a night full of drinking?
Well, at least he drinks. :rofl: Aww, so Barts parents are only with you for Freshers, not the rest of the year? You should wear a penguin costume, make them happy. :naughty: You should be nicer to people, :dontknow: why you are becoming a medic. :tongue:
You promised? :cry2:
p.s. make your new year's resolution to be able to drink vodka straight. :wink:

Most events are full of drinking :tongue:
This event was huge since we mixed inbetween the med schools and got to meet a load more people. Good fun :yep:
Turns out there's another one coming up in february :awesome:

It depends on your parents. Some of my flatmates have 'family meals' with their Barts parents, siblings, grandparents etc. Others just don't seem to care like mine don't do anything :no:

Such a horrible new years resolution :noway:

Also thank you for everyone that voted for me in the TSR awards :biggrin:

Vulpes
x

Congrats on your win!
Awww bless you :console:

Oh and congrats on coming second in the awards! :woo:

Thank you! It's so surreal! I'm still confused as to how I made it into the sordid finals in the first place :shock: And then to come second? It's amazing (even better than gettign your results :colone:) :lol:

Now now...I've waited for this moment:

YOU'RE MOD OF THE YEAR!!!!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me, you deserve it out of any one there and you should enjoy it cos you're awesome! :woo:

Well done for the others too :smile:

Thank you! It's so surreal! I'm still confused as to how I made it into the sordid finals in the first place :shock: And then to come second? It's amazing (even better than gettign your results :colone:) :lol:

Now now...I've waited for this moment:

YOU'RE MOD OF THE YEAR!!!!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me, you deserve it out of any one there and you should enjoy it cos you're awesome! :woo:

Well done for the others too :smile:

It's because you're awesome that you got into the finals and apparently people like you :tongue:

Good work VV :top:

:blush:
Thanks. Means a lot :yep:

Have already edited my sig to keep those achievements forever :colone:
Reply 1973

Most events are full of drinking :tongue:
This event was huge since we mixed inbetween the med schools and got to meet a load more people. Good fun :yep:
Turns out there's another one coming up in february :awesome:

It depends on your parents. Some of my flatmates have 'family meals' with their Barts parents, siblings, grandparents etc. Others just don't seem to care like mine don't do anything :no:

How's your liver? :h:
Lucky medics, that event does sound awesome to go too :daydreaming:, did you actually manage to keep in contact with the people you met, like on facebook or whatever.
Maybe your parents didn't like you, could have scared them off. :laugh:
Did you win anything btw? :smile:
Reply 1974
SECONDDD! :woo:

:jumphug:
CONGRATS :woo:
Original post by apple17
How's your liver? :h:
Lucky medics, that event does sound awesome to go too :daydreaming:, did you actually manage to keep in contact with the people you met, like on facebook or whatever.
Maybe your parents didn't like you, could have scared them off. :laugh:
Did you win anything btw? :smile:

My liver feels like a normal size, doesn't hurt and no jaundice.. so alright for now :h:

Errr I may have suffered from some memory loss that night so didn't actually remember any names in order to facebook people etc :mmm:

My BL family doesn't exist atm :no:
But I have my wife for next year so it's all good! :yep:

I won Mod of the Year and came 3rd in member of the year :biggrin:
It's because you're awesome that you got into the finals and apparently people like you :tongue:

Good work VV :top:

:blush:
Thanks. Means a lot :yep:

Have already edited my sig to keep those achievements forever :colone:

:gasp: you may just be right..

Oh it's nothing :ahee:

Dammit, you beat me to that! :mad: :lol:

Original post by apple17
:jumphug:
CONGRATS :woo:

Reply 1977
My liver feels like a normal size, doesn't hurt and no jaundice.. so alright for now :h:

Errr I may have suffered from some memory loss that night so didn't actually remember any names in order to facebook people etc :mmm:

My BL family doesn't exist atm :no:
But I have my wife for next year so it's all good! :yep:

I won Mod of the Year and came 3rd in member of the year :biggrin:

Amazed by your liver. :daydreaming:
:console: Its okay.
Can you choose your wife, or are you assigned one? So, all 2nd years are assigned a family role for the freshers. :dontknow:
CONGRATS!!! :woo: Didn't know you were in 2 categories, just voted you for the mod
:gasp: you may just be right..

Oh it's nothing :ahee:

Dammit, you beat me to that! :mad: :lol:

Should have been quicker editing that sig :tongue:

Though I suppose in your defence I skipped a few steps by using mod powers to edit my sig :ninja:
Original post by apple17
Amazed by your liver. :daydreaming:
:console: Its okay.
Can you choose your wife, or are you assigned one? So, all 2nd years are assigned a family role for the freshers. :dontknow:
CONGRATS!!! :woo: Didn't know you were in 2 categories, just voted you for the mod

My liver appreciates the appreciation :h:

Yeah you choose your own partner. My wife proposed to me :awesome:
And it's completely voluntary. Most people will opt in, only the social ******s do nothing :colone:

Should have been quicker editing that sig :tongue:

Though I suppose in your defence I skipped a few steps by using mod powers to edit my sig :ninja:

Done :proud:

You can do that?!! :shock:

No fair :noway:

I wanna be ninja too :hmpf:

:ninjagirl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending