The Student Room Group

how many nights have u pulled 'all-nighters' during your alevels?

yeah how many nights do u think approx and what did u do/take to help you keep awake.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haven't done any during terms, but I imagine taking a short break, getting a snack/drink and having a shower helps me alot when I pull all nighters in general.
Listening to very energetic music can help too, if it's not too distracting. Also, as a guy, having a clean shave also helps!
Reply 2
Never during a levels.
I tend to do work in little segments rather than cram/burn out
Reply 3
Kinda pointless lol you would barely take anything in once you get pretty tired
Reply 4
I've never done an all-nighter in my life :proud:
Original post by kerily
I've never done an all-nighter in my life :proud:

I haven't for study reasons but have you never even done it for other reasons!? Staying out on a night out until like 7am or something?
I never had any need to pull an all-nighter during A Levels. I'm useless past 10pm so it would be really unproductive anyway.

If you really must, try red bull, pro plus etc. keep the room cold and take regular breaks.
Reply 7
Original post by You Failed
I haven't for study reasons but have you never even done it for other reasons!? Staying out on a night out until like 7am or something?

Oh, I have at parties, but not for work :tongue: Sorry; thought that was what the thread meant!
None... Only maximum of an hours work a day...
When I was doing my A-levels, I never pulled any all-nighters. In fact the only reason I've ever pulled an all-nighter is when I was younger when I used to stay at friend's houses.. I love sleep these days :')
Reply 10
Not for study reasons but due to a screwed up sleeping pattern and a caffiene problem I almost always skip sleep on Mondays.

EMZ=]
(edited 12 years ago)
An all nighter would never be of benefit to me unless it was something like an essay deadline and I could sleep the next day. If I was nervous about an upcoming exam I'd work till midnight, any later would not be productive for me. For a couple of my A level exams I got at 6am to cram in 2 hours revision right before a nine o'clock exam, but I'm the kind of person who also turned up to the exam with my head still in my revision notes and would be reciting the course content right until I had to hand my bag over.
Didn't need any for A-levels - assignments were pretty easy going and I only revised an average amount. Not really heard of anyone ever doing all nighters at A-level tbh..
Reply 13
Shouldent be neccasary for A-Levels. I know I didnt do any at the time. I enjoyed the subjects I studied. Even at uni now at times I think to myself OK I need to be up all night but I can never manage it. I need atleast a couple of hours sleep otherwise my mind gets seriously messed up.
Reply 14
for work? never and you really don't need to during a-levels :L
other reasons? pretty much every saturday night :tongue:
Twice for my two psychology exams, never again. Paid off massively though!!!
Too many, even with 2 months preparation before the first exam. I did it pretty much the night before every exam in June, bottomless cup of coffee and an endless supply of biscuits were always at hand. I'd stayed awake the night before but never to the extent I did in June and even though I managed to get a few decent grades and some not so decent, I will never put my body through that again :smile:
Reply 17
None. Why would anyone do that? Surely when you get to that point of tired, whether you're asleep or still studying makes no difference to how much you're absorbing.. I have stayed up late a couple times though till like 3am - and 5am once! (but this was before a deadline and for faults of mine for not getting it done sooner!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
3 times - always for art coursework :facepalm:
Yeah these shouldn't be neccessary for A levels and can be easily avoided, but due to my laziness probs around 10

Quick Reply

Latest