The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by mel0n
Are you a Muslim :s-smilie:? What/whose tafsir (interpretation) is this according to?

Original post by TheHuman
He is an Ahmadiyya. And yes, I would also like to know what Tafsir he is using.

How do you know I'm an Ahmadi? But yes our view is that Adam was the first Prophet not man.

There were people in existence before Adam, Qur'an also gives a indication to this with reference to 'Jinn' which can mean 'hidden beings'. So we believe there may have been people who lived in caves and were therefore 'hidden' at the time of Adam.

Science has also proved that that people lived before Adam.

Anyways, here's our belief in this matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzZ_Sh4SJE

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000179.html

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/original_sin.html

Edit: riight, do neg me for stating my view/beliefs. Just shows your level. At least comment on my posts rather than hiding behind your negs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 661
Is there any other ways to when a Believer turns into disbeliever other than doing the Shirk?
Reply 662
Original post by Person1001
thanks for the detailed response. The thing is that there is a lot of evidence that suggests that humans had evolved from primitive apes. This would include Adam pbuh.
Do the verses of Adams creation explicate that he was neccesarily created directly from clay as opposed to indirectly?
Thanks

As far as I understand it, though humans are seen to be evolved from apes its not like one time an ape gave birth to a human or something! They just have similar features etc, just more 'advanced' or whatever you'd call it. Therefore apes could've existed (been made) before Allah (swt) made Adam(pbuh) similar to the apes.

There are people out there who explain evolution in context with Islamic teachings and why they believe evolution may exist. I think Harun Yahya talks about it, do a google search to find out. I'm not sure if anyone agrees with *human* evolution in particular, but the way I understand it, I don't think there's a contradiction?

I'm no scholar obviously, and these are just my thoughts. If I've said anything wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me...or maybe even rip me apart lol

Original post by Rtcw
Is there any other ways to when a Believer turns into disbeliever other than doing the Shirk?

Just simply not believing in God or anything else. shirk = believing/worshipping idols/other 'Gods' apart from the One God.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 663
Original post by tif49
How do you know I'm an Ahmadi? But yes our view is that Adam was the first Prophet not man.

There were people in existence before Adam, Qur'an also gives a indication to this with reference to 'Jinn' which can mean 'hidden beings'. So we believe there may have been people who lived in caves and were therefore 'hidden' at the time of Adam.

Science has also proved that that people lived before Adam.

Anyways, here's our belief in this matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzZ_Sh4SJE

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000179.html

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/original_sin.html

Edit: riight, do neg me for stating my view/beliefs. Just shows your level. At least comment on my posts rather than hiding behind your negs.

May Allaah Most High save us from such fitnah and keep us all protected.
Reply 664
Original post by mel0n
May Allaah Most High save us from such fitnah and keep us all protected.

The fitnah the Muslims currently are in for rejecting the Promised Messiah? Ameen.
Reply 665
Original post by tif49
The fitnah the Muslims currently are in for rejecting the Promised Messiah? Ameen.

care to expand?
Reply 666
Original post by mel0n
care to expand?

You have heard of the Hadith and the prophecy that Muslims will lose their faith in the latter days yes?

Then Allah will raise a Messiah and Mahdi like Jesus who will come in his spirit to reform and revive the Muslim Ummah.

So we Ahmadis believe that that same Messiah and Mahdi has come in the form of Jesus as prophesied by the Holy Prophet (saw). His name is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

He fulfilled the signs and the prophecy and has come as the Messiah. Those who have recognised him and accepted him and conveyed the Salaam of the Holy Prophet to him, as the Prophet instructed, have become enlightened and their faith has been lifted and regained.

‘Whoever among you meets the Messiah should convey my greeting to him.’ (Dar Mansoor).

If you look at the Muslims who have rejected him, they are the pit of darkness and ignorance. Not all of them, some individually may still be good and righteous but as a whole they have become corrupt.

Look at Pakistan where Ahmadis are denied professing the kalima and the kalima is wiped off mosques. Look at the state of the country. It is destroyed. Corrupt politicians and Mullahs have destroyed the country along with severe floods ever seen in Pakistan.

The time of the coming of the Messiah was predicted in the 14th century and many scholars were expecting him then. There as only one claimant and his community has spread worldwide from a tiny hamlet in Qadian, India.

The sun and moon, another sign, were eclipsed to show the coming of the Messiah and Mahdi. He came directly east of Damascus near a white minaret as the prophecy foretold. He was a follower and great lover of Muhammad and had the same name, which is even in the Qur'an - Ahmad.

These are the signs which have been fulfilled. Now if you look at Ahmadiyya, they practice Islam as it should be practised. They are praised by all groups except the Muslims. Just as the Jews rejected Isa, the Muslims have rejected Ahmad. History of Messengers always repeats itself.

Placing his hand on Hadhrat Salman (ra) who was a Persian, The Holy Prophet is reported to have said, ‘If Faith were to go up to the Pleiades, a man, from among these would surely bring it back’ (Bukhari).

He was of Persian descent.

This was the command of the Holy Prophet:
‘When you find the Mahdi, perform bai’ah at his hands. You must go to him, even if you have to reach him across ice-bound mountains on your knees. He is the Mahdi and the Caliph of Allah. (Ibn Maajah).

Now only one worthy claimant has come, does it not behove you to fully recognise him and accept him after detailed investigation into his claims and intensive prayers for guidance from Allah?

When The Holy Prophet told the Muslims that in the latter days there will be 72 sects all destined for the fire but the 73rd will be the only one on the right path, a companion asked how will they distinguish which one is on the right path. The Prophet (saw) replied, ‘They are the people who will follow my practice and that of my companions.’ (Tirmidhi)

Ahmadis claim to be that 73rd sect.

http://www.alislam.org/
http://www.alislam.org/topics/messiah/index.php
What is the punishment for apostasy?
Reply 668
Original post by AGrumpyMole
What is the punishment for apostasy?

There is no worldly punishment for apostasy whatsoever. Islam stands for freedom of religion.

The verse 'there is no compulsion in religion' (Holy Qur'an 2:256) shows this.
Reply 669
Original post by tif49
You have heard of the Hadith and the prophecy that Muslims will lose their faith in the latter days yes?

Then Allah will raise a Messiah and Mahdi like Jesus who will come in his spirit to reform and revive the Muslim Ummah.

So we Ahmadis believe that that same Messiah and Mahdi has come in the form of Jesus as prophesied by the Holy Prophet (saw). His name is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

He fulfilled the signs and the prophecy and has come as the Messiah. Those who have recognised him and accepted him and conveyed the Salaam of the Holy Prophet to him, as the Prophet instructed, have become enlightened and their faith has been lifted and regained.

‘Whoever among you meets the Messiah should convey my greeting to him.’ (Dar Mansoor).

If you look at the Muslims who have rejected him, they are the pit of darkness and ignorance. Not all of them, some individually may still be good and righteous but as a whole they have become corrupt.

Look at Pakistan where Ahmadis are denied professing the kalima and the kalima is wiped off mosques. Look at the state of the country. It is destroyed. Corrupt politicians and Mullahs have destroyed the country along with severe floods ever seen in Pakistan.

The time of the coming of the Messiah was predicted in the 14th century and many scholars were expecting him then. There as only one claimant and his community has spread worldwide from a tiny hamlet in Qadian, India.

The sun and moon, another sign, were eclipsed to show the coming of the Messiah and Mahdi. He came directly east of Damascus near a white minaret as the prophecy foretold. He was a follower and great lover of Muhammad and had the same name, which is even in the Qur'an - Ahmad.

These are the signs which have been fulfilled. Now if you look at Ahmadiyya, they practice Islam as it should be practised. They are praised by all groups except the Muslims. Just as the Jews rejected Isa, the Muslims have rejected Ahmad. History of Messengers always repeats itself.

Placing his hand on Hadhrat Salman (ra) who was a Persian, The Holy Prophet is reported to have said, ‘If Faith were to go up to the Pleiades, a man, from among these would surely bring it back’ (Bukhari).

‘When you find the Mahdi, perform bai’ah at his hands. You must go to him, even if you have to reach him across ice-bound mountains on your knees. He is the Mahdi and the Caliph of Allah. (Ibn Maajah).

Now only one worthy claimant has come, does it not behove you to fully recognise him and accept him after detailed investigation into his claims and intensive prayers for guidance from Allah?

When The Holy Prophet told the Muslims that in the latter days there will be 72 sects all destined for the fire but the 73rd will be the only one on the right path, a companion asked how will they distinguish which one is on the right path. The Prophet (saw) replied, ‘They are the people who will follow my practice and that of my companions.’ (Tirmidhi)

This is the exact fitnah that I pray to Allaah that He keeps me safe from. Ameen.
Reply 670
Err the messiah = Prophet Isa/Jesus (pbuh)...who is a different person to Imam Mahdi. :|

The signs of them two praying in in Makah have not occurred - how would one lead the prayer of the other, when you say they're one person? :s-smilie:
Also, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has died. And the world hasn't ended yet.

How can you give a normal man the status of Prophet Isa (pbuh)?! That's disgusting. Astaghfirullah.
Reply 671
Original post by mel0n
This is the exact fitnah that I pray to Allaah that He keeps me safe from. Ameen.

Original post by Tpos
Err the messiah = Prophet Isa/Jesus (pbuh)...who is a different person to Imam Mahdi. :|

The signs of them two praying in in Makah have not occurred - how would one lead the prayer of the other, when you say they're one person? :s-smilie:
Also, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has died. And the world hasn't ended yet.

How can you give a normal man the status of Prophet Isa (pbuh)?! That's disgusting. Astaghfirullah.

How can you give Prophet Isa a higher status than that of a man and a normal Prophet? This is what the Christians have done. Jesus was but a man, just as the Holy Prophet was but a man and Prophet. Are you giving Jesus higher status than Holy Prophet? Now that is 'disgusting'!

Which signs in Makkah? Please provide the evidence so I can see for myself.

Who said the world is going to end as soon as the Messiah and Mahdi comes? That would completely make the coming of the Messiah meaningless. What's the point in coming if the world is going to end right after you die?

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has died and his community still exits and has spread all over the world, what does that tell you? Does Allah not destroy all false Prophets and their communities? Why does Ahmadiyya still exist, why is it still growing if it is false? A false community never prospers.

By the way Hadhrat Isa has died, Qur'an tells us this clearly. So how can you be waiting for a Judaic Prophet who has passed away? Jesus came for the Jews you know.

So now tell me why you disobey the Holy Prophet?

Only one claimant has come. Where is Jesus, where is your Mahdi if they are two different people? Do you reject him without proper investigation and without prayers for the truth?

This is what the Jews did to Jesus, be not like one of them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tif49

1) Isa (as) has not prayed behind him
2) there are authentic hadith saying that 'his name is my name and the name of his father is my fathers name his fathers name is Abdullah your guys fathers name is not Abdullah
3) if they are praised by the Kuffar (who insult the prophet and Islam as a whole) and hated by the Muslims (your brothers in the Belief of Allah The One) then surely you have fallen into error
4) how moderate are you willing to become that you reject hadeeth and deny the what is apparent
5) Ahmad wrote:
Behold! I have come to you people with a directive that henceforth jihad with the sword has come to an end but jihad for the purification of your souls still remains. This injunction is not from me but rather it is the will of God.
British Government and Jihad, pg. 15

Mirza Qadiani admitted:

"I do not claim that I am the same Mahdi who will come according to (words of Hadith) 'from the son of Fatima and from my progeny' etc." (Braheen-e-Ahmadiyya V, Roohani Khazain vol.21 p.356)

"We admit this that several Mahdis may have come before and possibly will come in future as well and probably someone by the name of Imam Muhammad may also appear." (Roohani Khazain vol.3 p.379)

"It is possible and quite possible that at some time in future such Messiah may appear upon whom the literal words of Hadith (of Holy Prophet) fit, because this humble self has not come with the Reign and Command of this world, but with poverty and humility." (Izala-e-Auham, Roohani Khazain vol 3 p.197)

"It is possible that in future no Messiah may come. It is possible 10,000 more Messiah may come and one of them may descend in Damascus." (Izala-e-Auham, Roohani Khazain vol 3 p.251)

a brief note concerning your view on jinn
Abdullah Yusuf Ali And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.
Mufti Taqi Usmani As for the Jann (the first Jinn), We had created him earlier from the fire of the scorching wind.
Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall And the jinn did We create aforetime of essential fire.
Sahih International And the jinn We created before from scorching fire.

Qur’ān 15:27
Original post by tif49
How can you give Prophet Isa a higher status than that of a man and a normal Prophet? This is what the Christians have done. Jesus was but a man, just as the Holy Prophet was but a man and Prophet. Are you giving Jesus higher status than Holy Prophet? Now that is 'disgusting'!

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has died and his community still exits and has spread all over the world, what does that tell you? Does Allah not destroy all false Prophets and their communities? Why does Ahmadiyya still exist, why is it still growing if it is false? A false community never prospers.

Only one claimant has come. Where is Jesus, where is your Mahdi if they are two different people? Do you reject him without proper investigation and without prayers for the truth?

Tpos is not doing that

are you KIDDING ME A FALSE COMMUNITY NEVER PROSPERS look around you look at the sins committed around you under legalization from the governments of the west how can you say that

because they do not believe he is the mahdi

we do investigate and we find that we will wait for the true mahdi (one who fulfills all the signs) then we will embrace him not just the first guy who comes along. should we consider the founder of the nation of islam as well coz hes made a claim.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 674
Original post by tif49

Which signs in Makkah? Please provide the evidence so I can see for myself.

Who said the world is going to end as soon as the Messiah and Mahdi comes? That would completely make the coming of the Messiah meaningless. What's the point in coming if the world is going to end right after you die?

By the way Hadhrat Isa has died, Qur'an tells us this clearly. So how can you be waiting for a Judaic Prophet who has passed away? Jesus came for the Jews you know.

The Noble Quran infact says the prophet Isa was not killed.

'And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.' (Surat al Nisa : 157)

The Mahdi has not yet come brother. Nor has Isa returned. Answer this, has the fitnah of dajjal emerged yet and is he slain?
Original post by tif49

This is what your founder said -

[INDENT]“Like Maryam, Christ’s spirit was infused into me and metaphorically I was conceived. At last after several months, not more than ten months, through revelation that I have stated in the part four page. 556 of Braheen-e-Ahmedia, I was made Christ from Mary. In this way I am Ibn e Maryam (son of Mary).” (Kashti-e-Nooh. P.47. Roohani Khazain V.19. P.50)[/INDENT]

You need to come out of this deviancy you're in and think for a second here.

[INDENT] “I dreamt that I my self am God. I believed that I was God.”

(Aina-e-Kamalat Islam. P.564, Roohani Khazain V.5 . P.564)

“In a revelation I saw that I was God and I believed that I was so.”

(Kitab-el-Biria P.85, Roohani Khazain V.3.P.103)[/INDENT]

Seriously? I mean, it's not even worth it.

May Allah guide you to the straight path.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 676
OK guys. You all take things out of context or think that they are all literal. Same thing non-Muslims do to us.

I wish to have a discussion about Jesus though. Qur'an says he has died.

[5:75] The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely, Messengers like unto him had indeed passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.

And Muhammad is only a messenger messengers have already passed away before him. If, then, he dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" (3:143)

He didn't die on the cross, rather he died a natural death.
Reply 677
Original post by getoom
1) Isa (as) has not prayed behind him

Isa has passed away (peace be on him).

2) there are authentic hadith saying that 'his name is my name and the name of his father is my fathers name his fathers name is Abdullah your guys fathers name is not Abdullah

Holy Prophet's name was Muhammad Ahmad. Promised Messiah's name is also Ahmad. As for the rest I'm quite sure there is an explanation there. Look at what is there though first. Ahmad was Holy Prophet's name.

3) if they are praised by the Kuffar (who insult the prophet and Islam as a whole) and hated by the Muslims (your brothers in the Belief of Allah The One) then surely you have fallen into error

Whenever a Messenger comes, he is always rejected, this is in the Qur'an. Ultimatley though he and his community always triumphs. The people that reject him are always the people he is sent for. This is in the history of Prophets.

4) how moderate are you willing to become that you reject hadeeth and deny the what is apparent

i don't reject Hadith. It is you who rejects Hadith. Look at the Hadith which have been fulfilled first. Then look at the ones that are yet to be fulfilled. Many are metaphorical anyway. Some have been fabricated though as well, so why don't you guys look at the Hadith that have been fulfilled?

5) Ahmad wrote:
Behold! I have come to you people with a directive that henceforth jihad with the sword has come to an end but jihad for the purification of your souls still remains. This injunction is not from me but rather it is the will of God.
British Government and Jihad, pg. 15

I don't understand what is wrong with this? Ahmad is saying that now the time of Jihad with the sword has come to an end. have you not read the Hadith that the Messiah will come and end all wars? Jihad with the pen and with oneself has always been the greater jihad. Moreover Islam is being attacked by the media, books and articles, should we not respond in the same way?

Mirza Qadiani admitted:

"I do not claim that I am the same Mahdi who will come according to (words of Hadith) 'from the son of Fatima and from my progeny' etc." (Braheen-e-Ahmadiyya V, Roohani Khazain vol.21 p.356)

I'm quite sure that some of these are out of context. Either way there's nothing to suggest that the Mahdi being referred to here may come later on. What is a Mahdi? A guided one, so there's no reason to say another one won't come after some time, after the Promised Messiah and Mahdi.

"We admit this that several Mahdis may have come before and possibly will come in future as well and probably someone by the name of Imam Muhammad may also appear." (Roohani Khazain vol.3 p.379)

Exactly. This clarifies the above statement. Many Mahdis have come before and many may come after. One of them may be of the progeny of Holy Prophet.

"It is possible and quite possible that at some time in future such Messiah may appear upon whom the literal words of Hadith (of Holy Prophet) fit, because this humble self has not come with the Reign and Command of this world, but with poverty and humility." (Izala-e-Auham, Roohani Khazain vol 3 p.197)

Same thing again. Why do you guys misunderstand this? A Mahdi can come later as well. This is not ruled out anywhere is it? So while Ahmad may or may not be that Mahdi being referred to in this Hadith, one will probably come who will literally fulfil this Hadith.

"It is possible that in future no Messiah may come. It is possible 10,000 more Messiah may come and one of them may descend in Damascus." (Izala-e-Auham, Roohani Khazain vol 3 p.251)

Again, what's the big deal here? Ahmad is just not ruling out the fact that another messiah may come later one. Didn't the Jews have many Prophets come to them?

Come one guys. Please tell me if I'm wrong why has Ahmadiyya not taught me anything against Islam? I believe in Allah, Prophets, Angels, Books, Last Day, Divine Decree. I believe in it all and pray salat and recite Qur'an like all of you. Ahmadis behave more like Muslims than some Sunni Muslims. Is it so unbelievable that we may actually be the community of the Messiah?
Reply 678
Original post by getoom
Tpos is not doing that

Respectfully guys, I feel as though you raise the status of Isa above that of a human. And above (God Forbid) that of Holy Prophet. Why do you say our beloved Prophet is buried in the ground while Jesus is up in the skies with God?

are you KIDDING ME A FALSE COMMUNITY NEVER PROSPERS look around you look at the sins committed around you under legalization from the governments of the west how can you say that because they do not believe he is the mahdi

I'm saying a false religious community who falsely claims to be from God never prospers. Tell me does it? Would Allah allow this? Of course not. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the Qur'an as well. 'Whoever forges a lie against Allah...'

we do investigate and we find that we will wait for the true mahdi (one who fulfills all the signs) then we will embrace him not just the first guy who comes along. should we consider the founder of the nation of islam as well coz hes made a claim.

No you don't though. You reject without full investigation and intensive istikarah prayers.

Look at the signs that have been fulfilled first. Why do you look at all the others while many have been fulfilled?

Where is the Nation of Islam? This is what I mean. False communities never prosper. Did it ever get out of America? Where is it? How many followers do they still have? How many people have actually even heard of them?

Whereas Ahmadiyya Islam has spread literally all over the world.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 679
Original post by Reform
The Noble Quran infact says the prophet Isa was not killed.

'And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.' (Surat al Nisa : 157)

The Mahdi has not yet come brother. Nor has Isa returned. Answer this, has the fitnah of dajjal emerged yet and is he slain?

Yes this verse means that they didn't successfully crucify him on the cross nor did they kill him on the cross.

I can quote you many other verses which say that he has died.

Fitnah of Dajjal has emerged and the battle is fiercely raging. What is Dajjal? It is an ideology, it is these western superpowers who spread fear, terror and corruption in the land. It is the western nations who deceive people and engage in great evil and sin.

The battle is raging and soon InshaAllah Dajjal will be 'slain' meaning that these western powers will fall and Islam will once again soon be triumphant. We Ahmadis are the ones putting so much time, effort and money into fighting this Dajjal. We publish books, articles in defence of Islam. We invite people to good.

Do you remember the Qur'an burning threat of Terry Jones? Who defended Islam then? Who stood up against this Dajjal? Was it the Muslims who set flags on fire and violently tarnished the good name of Islam further? Or was it Ahmadis who pressured Terry Jones with words and brought together other leaders of faiths and gave copies of the Qur'an to them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBAi51PS-c

Which one presents Islam in a better light? Tell me that?

Latest

Trending

Trending