The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Vixen47
Are the wine vinegars that appear in many sauces halal?

My sister and I are in an on going debate with her in-laws about this - we say it's not but they say it is and they're more "religious" (I hate using the word in that sense, but times like this call for it) than we are. I get it's all open to interpretation and all of that, but seriously, can someone just give me a definite answer because I've got the most gorgeous tasting sweet and sour sauce in front of my face and it's calling my name! :sexface: But it's got white wine vinegar :cry2:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2283
Does Islam recognise Christian or other marriages?
Reply 782
Is it true flying birds revolve around the Kaaba and never fly across it?

If this is the case, why is this?
Reply 783
Does bad people, bad Muslims, a hypocrite and atheist get their punishment in Hell forever, or for very long time then Allah will forgive them and let them go to Heaven?
According to Islam, did Jesus get married and have children?
Reply 785
Original post by SaintSoldier
According to Islam, did Jesus get married and have children?

There is no verse in the Quran that says Jesus got married. But on his second coming he will get married and have children

And Allah knows best
Reply 786
Original post by amerzeb
There is no verse in the Quran that says Jesus got married. But on his second coming he will get married and have children

And Allah knows best

Dya have evidence for this? I didn't know this would happen so I'm pretty interested!
Reply 787
Original post by mel0n
Dya have evidence for this? I didn't know this would happen so I'm pretty interested!

No I cannot find the evidence, but I can assume he will get married as being a muslim, getting married is a very important thing, But Allah knows best
Reply 788
Original post by amerzeb
No I cannot find the evidence, but I can assume he will get married as being a muslim, getting married is a very important thing, But Allah knows best

I can see why you think that but Islam isn't based on our assumptions so maybe it's best to say we actually do not know rather than that he will get married seeing as there is nothing to support the view (if there is then of course what I'm saying doesn't apply...).
Reply 789
Original post by mel0n
I can see why you think that but Islam isn't based on our assumptions so maybe it's best to say we actually do not know rather than that he will get married seeing as there is nothing to support the view (if there is then of course what I'm saying doesn't apply...).

Actually I did find a hadith a long time ago but cannot find the reference to it now, but you are right I shouldnt make assumption and I ask Allah for forgiveness for any mistakes that I make
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 790
Strictly following one madhab, is it compulsory or not?
Original post by amerzeb

not
Reply 792
Original post by amerzeb

Just ask whoever you deem knowledgeable and trustworthy regardless of their madhab :dontknow:
I've started reading the Quran. I'm not sure if i'll ever finish it but is there anything I should 'look out for' ?
Reply 794
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I've started reading the Quran. I'm not sure if i'll ever finish it but is there anything I should 'look out for' ?

What do you mean?
Well, of course I'd say keep an open mind, if there is anything you are not sure of, I'd recommend using this search engine: http://www.searching-islam.com/.
I'd recommend using it to research the context of a verse if you feel there is a need to.

That's all, for now. Don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Original post by TheHuman
What do you mean?
Well, of course I'd say keep an open mind, if there is anything you are not sure of, I'd recommend using this search engine: http://www.searching-islam.com/.
I'd recommend using it to research the context of a verse if you feel there is a need to.

That's all, for now. Don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

things like specific verses or anything of the sort really.

Also what does 'Lo!' mean?
Reply 796
Original post by chickenonsteroids
things like specific verses or anything of the sort really.

Also what does 'Lo!' mean?

Ah, you are reading the Pickthall translation, right? According to Google:
define:lo
"Used to draw attention to an interesting or amazing event".

So, basically it is an archaic English expression, it is not there in the Arabic though. The Pickthall translation is archaic, much like the KJV is for bible.
Whereas in contrast the Sahih International translation for example, is more modern. But nevertheless, they all have their faults and all make mistakes at some verses and merely only give a flavour of the Qur'an, which is a lot more beautiful to read and listen to.

What site are you using? I'd recommend http://www.quran.com, http://www.tanzil.net and http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran

I'd also recommend listening to the Arabic recitation of the Qur'an while reading it in English.

If you come across a verse you don't understand, just use that search engine and post it here, if you don't find anything useful.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 797
I have been watch the seerah of the prophet (peace be upon him), it is on the part of the battle of Uhud and I would like to know, which muslims fled from the battle of Uhud, and which muslims were present with the prophet.
Reply 798
Original post by amerzeb
I have been watch the seerah of the prophet (peace be upon him), it is on the part of the battle of Uhud and I would like to know, which muslims fled from the battle of Uhud, and which muslims were present with the prophet.

Are you sure you want to know the answer?
Reply 799
Original post by amerzeb

Umar fled and Imam Ali remained.

Latest

Trending

Trending