The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by PoGo HoPz

Just go by what this gentleman says, and you'll be just fine. :wink:

...because he's a very highly educated man who speaks impartially?
Reply 821
In regards to op's question, you can check this link out:

http://islamqa.info/en - it gives you the answer to any question you may have
Good luck with your project!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 822
Original post by Gawjuz.x
It answers your misconceptions :smile:

However, in regards to op's question, you can check this link out:

http://islamqa.info/en - it gives you the answer to any question you may have
Good luck with your project!

repeating what most muslim leaders say is not a miscinception, love.
Reply 823
Another religion founded by another man who heard voices in his head regarding another deity with no proof.

Wikipedia is your friend for specifics.
Reply 824
Original post by suarez7
Excellant response Rouz, couldn't have put it better.

jezzakAllah khair
Reply 825
Original post by navarre
Another religion founded by another man who heard voices in his head regarding another deity with no proof.

Wikipedia is your friend for specifics.

What do you consider proof?

From a muslim perspective...the fact that there have been other prophets throughout history giving the same message (belief in God and obedience to him), the scriptures, the miracles they came with, their prediction of the signs of the day of judgment (many of which are occuring now)...these are all proof for us...but most importantly we dont accept this life is meaningless and we are just born, eat, drink, work earn money and die and thats it...we dont believe the person who does good all their life and the person who kills thousands and is corrupt all get the same end once they die.

We are all taking a risk with our lives, whether we like it or not. You will die, i will die...i've made my choice and non-muslims have made theirs. Then we will see what happens in the end, but for now lets just respect each other :]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 826
The thread has been merged to the ask about islam thread, let us not debate here
Reply 827
Original post by justanotherindigo
Thanks a lot:smile:

Glad to help :biggrin:
Reply 828
Original post by Ferdowsi
Umar fled and Imam Ali remained.

References please.
Mohammed as we are told faced much persecution from the arabs who didnt believe him when he first preached islam and claimed to be a prophet. What is modern day muslims attitude toward a muslim claiming to be a prophet today?
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Mohammed as we are told faced much persecution from the arabs who didnt believe him when he first preached islam and claimed to be a prophet. What is modern day muslims attitude toward a muslim claiming to be a prophet today?

Well they are not muslims then, just disbelievers.
Original post by Study
Well they are not muslims then, just disbelievers.

you didnt understand the question - what is the islamic view in current day to a muslim claiming to be a prophet?
you didnt understand the question - what is the islamic view in current day to a muslim claiming to be a prophet?

They view him as a disbeliever?
Reply 833

It is explicitly outlined in Islamic Scripture that Muhammad (PBUH) is the seal of the prophets and that none will come after him. There will only be Jesus (PBUH) who will come back to Earth as the Messiah and a ruler, but not a Prophet and there will also be an Imam known as the 'Mahdi', whom Jesus will pray behind him and will rule alongside Jesus for a number of years.

If a person does come to claim that he is a Prophet, he'd have to call the Islamic Scriptures corrupted and if he does so, he'd have to prove it, one would expect him to give strong evidence from God that he is a Prophet, seeing that the Islamic Scriptures do not prophesies a Prophet to come, but state that there will be none. If he cannot prove it, then he is a false Prophet.

Does that answer your question?
Original post by TheHuman
It is explicitly outlined in Islamic Scripture that Muhammad (PBUH) is the seal of the prophets and that none will come after him. There will only be Jesus (PBUH) who will come back to Earth as the Messiah and a ruler, but not a Prophet and there will also be an Imam known as the 'Mahdi', whom Jesus will pray behind him and will rule alongside Jesus for a number of years.

If a person does come to claim that he is a Prophet, he'd have to call the Islamic Scriptures corrupted and if he does so, he'd have to prove it, one would expect him to give strong evidence from God that he is a Prophet, seeing that the Islamic Scriptures do not prophesies a Prophet to come, but state that there will be none. If he cannot prove it, then he is a false Prophet.

Does that answer your question?

Sort of - do you mean a prophet today would have to provide proof for islam to accept him, what was the proof that mohammed provded when arabs didnt believe him? - becuase pre islam scriptures didnt prophesise his arrival either.
Reply 835
Sort of - do you mean a prophet today would have to provide proof for islam to accept him, what was the proof that mohammed provded when arabs didnt believe him? - becuase pre islam scriptures didnt prophesise his arrival either.

Yes, he would have to provide some strong evidence that he is a Prophet from God, because the Islamic scriptures explicitly state that there will be no Prophet after Muhammad (PBUH).

I am not too familiar with the pre-islamic era and I unfortunately, don't currently have the time to read upon it, but it is understood that the Arabs before Islam were pagans. Islam teaches that Abraham along with Ishmael went to Arabia, built the Kaaba and preached Monotheism to them. Essentially over time, they started worshipping idols alongside with God and became pagans.

The Torah and the Gospels have some verses indicating a Prophet to come.
Take a look at this:
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/13/items/Shk_Ahmed_Deedats_Books/What_The_Bible_Says_About_Muhammad_pbuh.pdf
Yes, he would have to provide some strong evidence that he is a Prophet from God, because the Islamic scriptures explicitly state that there will be no Prophet after Muhammad (PBUH).

I am not too familiar with the pre-islamic era and I unfortunately, don't currently have the time to read upon it, but it is understood that the Arabs before Islam were pagans. Islam teaches that Abraham along with Ishmael went to Arabia, built the Kaaba and preached Monotheism to them. Essentially over time, they started worshipping idols alongside with God and became pagans.

The Torah and the Gospels have some verses indicating a Prophet to come.
Take a look at this:
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/13/items/Shk_Ahmed_Deedats_Books/What_The_Bible_Says_About_Muhammad_pbuh.pdf

Im reasonabley well versed in pre islamic socety and beliefs - there is no historical record of abrahams arrival in arabia, building the kabaa or any islamic worship before mohammed amoungst arabs.

Equally the torah and gospels do not mention mohammed at all, whereas they do mention abraham, issac, jesus etc

What proof today for muslims would equate to whatever proof mohammed provided during his time (you didnt clarify what this was btw)
Reply 837
Would you have sex before marriage? Why/why not?

Would you marry a non-muslim?
Reply 838
Im reasonabley well versed in pre islamic socety and beliefs - there is no historical record of abrahams arrival in arabia, building the kabaa or any islamic worship before mohammed amoungst arabs.

There is no historical evidence apart from the Bible & the Qur'an about Abraham and I assume you don't believe in any of those two scriptures. So, why are you bringing up "historical record"?
Anyway, a Rabbi for the first few minutes, here attempts to show how the Bible supports Ishmael's presence and genealogy in Arabia. He does not believe in Islam, obviously, but just watch the video.
http://fora.tv/2008/09/18/An_Introduction_to_Islam_for_Jews
If you do not believe in the Bible as a historical record, then why are you attempting to use it to disprove Islamic sources, which you equally do not believe in as a historical record? I believe that the Bible to some extent is corrupted, but it still has fragments of it that are in accordance with Islamic scriptures.

Equally the torah and gospels do not mention mohammed at all, whereas they do mention abraham, issac, jesus etc

They do not mention him by name, but they mention a Prophet to come, did you read the PDF, I posted?

What proof today for muslims would equate to whatever proof mohammed provided during his time (you didnt clarify what this was btw)

I am not sure, one of the proofs he gave was the linguistic miracle of the Qur'an, maybe he'd have to provide something greater than that?
There is no historical evidence apart from the Bible & the Qur'an about Abraham and I assume you don't believe in any of those two scriptures. So, why are you bringing up "historical record"?
Anyway, a Rabbi for the first few minutes, here attempts to show how the Bible supports Ishmael's presence and genealogy in Arabia. He does not believe in Islam, obviously, but just watch the video.
http://fora.tv/2008/09/18/An_Introduction_to_Islam_for_Jews
If you do not believe in the Bible as a historical record, then why are you attempting to use it to disprove Islamic sources, which you equally do not believe in as a historical record? I believe that the Bible to some extent is corrupted, but it still has fragments of it that are in accordance with Islamic scriptures.

They do not mention him by name, but they mention a Prophet to come, did you read the PDF, I posted?

I am not sure, one of the proofs he gave was the linguistic miracle of the Qur'an, maybe he'd have to provide something greater than that?

No what i meant was there is historical record that moahmmed lived in arabia, and that islam was practiced duing and after his existence. There is no such record of abraham living in arabia, nor os ialm being practiced before mohammed.

ok so basically the answer to that question is, some who could come up with a new book like the quran would be a new prophet in islam? (although im aware mohammed didnt write the quran?)
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending