The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Looks horrific. Really cluttered and confusing as well apart from the privacy issues - what's wrong with the current format? I don't think I'd delete my Facebook, use it too much to communicate with people and arrange stuff, but this will drive me away from it and in fact I may go and remove a lot of info from mine right now...
i usually like change, but this is completely horrible. it looks too unorganized for my likings.
Apparently I logged in near Kidderminster (no) and recently logged in on an iPhone (again, no...).
I'm outraged that this company that I'm in no way obligated to use keeps changing their product that I'm paying nothing for!
Reply 84
This'll be the latest downfall of facebook. Why on earth they implemented this is beyond me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by DirtyPrettyThing
I'm outraged that this company that I'm in no way obligated to use keeps changing their product that I'm paying nothing for!

Well yes, sadly there is no direct competitor though. There is google+ but that has a different flavour to it.
Reply 86
Am I the only one who doesn't see the privacy issues, seriously if your willing to put something up on the internet where anyone could have print screened it and sent it to whoever they want anyway long before, then surely you shouldn't care who sees it. If you want something to remain private send it in a message, email or text as facebook wall or status isn't the only method of communication. Just think of the consequences before you post something on the internet where nothing is really private and they'll be no issues
Original post by f1mad
Well yes, sadly there is no direct competitor though. There is google+ but that has a different flavour to it.

You say that as if it's something you need! Like, food or something! How about the competitor of turning off the computer and going outside!!!!

Spoiler

Reply 88
You say that as if it's something you need! Like, food or something! How about the competitor of turning off the computer and going outside!!!!

Spoiler

Urm no, I just detest facebook :wink:!
Original post by f1mad
Urm no, I just detest facebook :wink:!

Me too, but shamefully I do use it, bit hypocritical. It does make it difficult to keep up with social activities sometimes when everybody else insists on using it.
Reply 90
Me too, but shamefully I do use it, bit hypocritical. It does make it difficult to keep up with social activities sometimes when everybody else insists on using it.

Indeed.

Relevant (but NSFW)
Reply 92
It is pretty invasive... I've deactivated a number of times and then reactivated, so I do myself no favours.
Reply 93
sorry but you're really, really dumb if you don't think twice about what you are posting on other people's walls. Facebook is like talking loudly in a crowded room with everybody you have ever met, and everybody your friends have ever met. If you say anything publicly, make sure you would be happy for everyone in that room to hear it.

Otherwise, there is this magical thing called 'private messaging'.
If you have your mobile number set to "Only me", check if it still is. Fbk changed some settings tonight and my personal number was viewable to all. -.-
Reply 95
Always thought this about facebook, I hate the idea of people snooping in on my conversations even if it's totally innocent. I have an account but don't use it much for this reason, and if I want to talk to people I never wall post. And then there's stuff like if you get tagged in a photo anyone can see it, you get tagged at a place anyone can see it... just a massive tool for people to stick their noses in everything. So I get drunk and some pretty horrific photo is taken of me which someone then tags me in it without my consent. Great, now my boss can see it. And my aunt... and my mam... :frown:
Reply 96
Yes I agree. I have deleted Facebook from January 7 21. When a social media site starts telling you what to think, and blatantly interfere with free speech, it’s past time to go. It starts with that, and ultimately becomes dictatorial. We give them far too much personal information and it doesn’t feel right.

Latest

Trending

Trending