The Student Room Group

Why am I judged so wrongly?

Theres a man at my mountaineering club he does a lot to help them and is generally nice, with I think he is about 50 odd and he gets the wrong idea about me all the time. I am quite lazy and hate early mornings and several times havent turned up cause of that but other than this im there all the time. He constantly criticises (in what he thinks is an helpful way) and says i could be good if i did things a certain way. I enjoy his company so I just do as he says most of the time. Anyway he gets the wrong idea about me for some reason.

Like months ago we were jogging along and he was saying that I'l get better eventually I said 'I hope so' and he suddenly started shouting and said 'who do you think you are talking to, don't speak to me like that' He stopped and I said 'what you on about' He said 'you just said that Im talking rubbish' I said 'I didnt'. He said 'what did you say then?' I said 'I cant remember but I didnt say that'. He said 'sometimes you know i dont think you are aware of what youre saying'. Im like 'but i didnt say it'.

Anyway he calmed down and carried on and at the end of the session he sais to me 'i dont know what happened with us two before' I said 'you just started accusing me of something' He said 'see, you are still denying it'. Anyway I didnt want to cause any conflict so I figured id apologise anyway:rolleyes: I said 'sorry if i said it but i wasnt aware of it' he said 'you didnt upset me, just you shouldnt talk like that to anyone'. I said sorry again and he said 'yea lets drop it now' and carried on talking about other stuff:confused: I cant win with him.

I have been on nights out with the group and he has been there but last week on our xmas do for some reason he got the idea that i never buy drinks lol. Someone said to me that i seemed to enjoy the night out last time and he said 'she will enjoy it anyone would if they get all their drinks bought' I offered money for every round but they kept refusing i did buy 1 round though. He asked how many drinks Id bought and I told him he was like 'did you'. I dont know why he has something against me:confused: Im just very quiet but Ive found that now im actually forcing money on people money in front of him to provide evidence that I buy drinks! Yet when hes not seen me for a while he'l be really friendly and come putting his arm round me in a joking way and talks for a bit, do people still do this if they dislike someone?

Im like this with everyone if they think something bad of me I show they im not like that. People sometimes think im being rude and im not im just joking etc, ive lost friendships because of it. It makes me angry though Im very quiet and never do anything wrong (that im aware of) and people tend to think bad of me:confused:

Sorry if this bored you i can understand why ha but yea why are people like this with me?:confused:
stop caring about what people think of you. people are idiots. I am an idiot, you are an idiot, everyone on here is an idiot. just depends how well you know them and i don't think you know him at all.
--> stop caring
Original post by the_decider
stop caring about what people think of you. people are idiots. I am an idiot, you are an idiot, everyone on here is an idiot. just depends how well you know them and i don't think you know him at all.
--> stop caring

Meow he is only human... He is bound to make a mistake or two in his life...

Tbh he shudnt give a fk....
Reply 3
He sounds like he gets offended quite easily. If you had said it was a load of rubbish I don't see why that would make it ok to shout at you and I think had it been me I would have said, even if I said that you are shouting at me for a pretty strange reason! But yeah, its not always clear what to say when its a weird situation like that. He seems to be creating the uncomfortable situations himself doesn't he. If you say you didnt say something why would he go on about you denying it. That's quite odd. I think most people would just say oh sorry it sounded like you said that. Hold your ground and be firm if he accuses you of something a bit odd like that again. Its uncomfortable but if hes shouting at you for something you didnt do you have a right to tell him to back off and that hes wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Meow he is only human... He is bound to make a mistake or two in his life...

Tbh he shudnt give a fk....

im female btw..not that it makes much difference. I shouldnt give a fk but i hate fallimg out with ppl expecially when i did nothing lol
Original post by Anonymous
im female btw..not that it makes much difference. I shouldnt give a fk but i hate fallimg out with ppl expecially when i did nothing lol

Friends come and go...

I hate it too...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending