The Student Room Group

The Edexcel D1 (18/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

I really should start D1 revision soon...
Original post by Arsey
Revision thread for the D1 exam.

I will upload the Jan 12 model answers on the day following the examination (Saturday morning!)

In the next few posts I will upload some past papers, mark schemes etc

er Jan 12...it's Jan 16th and I haven't sat the exam yet. My timetable says jan 20th...or have I missed an exam?
Reply 82
Original post by The Illuminati
er Jan 12...it's Jan 16th and I haven't sat the exam yet. My timetable says jan 20th...or have I missed an exam?

January 2012
Original post by WaNaBe
January 2012

MASSIVE sigh of relief :stupido2:
how'd you work out the minim number of exchanges in a binary
Reply 85
Hi everyone,
I really need help with how to tackle scheduling. I've had to self-teach myself D1 as none of the teachers at my school can teach it.
I'm really stressing as I can't seem to get scheduling questions right. I've looked through the textbook and it doesn't seem to give much help. Also, I've tried searching online for notes, but there don't seem to be any for scheduling.
If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated - I get really stressy before exams and this isn't helping!
any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Arsey

Original post by Arsey
Gibbo is one of my minions but he is a Mathematical beast.

We have had a few 'Maths offs' revolving around A-Level papers in the past... the results are open for debate but to be fair he edges it.

Have you got any tips on how to avoid mistakes with Prim's/Kruskal's/Dijsktra's/Chinese Postman's algorithm? As soon as you make one mistake, do you lose ALL subsequent marks?
Reply 87
it depends on the question, D1 punishes hard silly errors as you will lose a lot of marks by making early silly errors.

Hard to give tips on how not to make silly errors, just check your calcs and look out for sneaky routes etc.
Reply 88
Original post by Arsey

Original post by Arsey
it depends on the question, D1 punishes hard silly errors as you will lose a lot of marks by making early silly errors.

Hard to give tips on how not to make silly errors, just check your calcs and look out for sneaky routes etc.

I thought as much! Are there no followthrough marks available? Yeah, sneaky routes tend to be the worst, or where they put lots of arcs of very similar weight scattered around a network so you don't spot them..
Reply 89
yes there can be follow through marks and method marks later in the question but the vast majority of accuracy marks will be gone.
Reply 90
Original post by Arsey

Original post by Arsey
yes there can be follow through marks and method marks later in the question but the vast majority of accuracy marks will be gone.

Well, I'm hoping not to make any of these mistakes anyway! Do you know if we need to know about the hand-shaking lemma?
Reply 91
doubt it, It has never been asked as far as I am aware.
Reply 92
Original post by Arsey

Arsey, will you be posting S1 solutions at midnight?
Reply 93
Original post by Arsey

Hi,

When there is an algorithm and we have to fill out into a table, how should it be structured? A new line for everything or just a new line once a decision has been made

Thanks
Reply 94
Original post by safmaster
Arsey, will you be posting S1 solutions at midnight?

yep
Reply 95
Original post by Arsey
yep

Many thanks. It will probably be best to put them in a separate post-exam discussion thread (as you have done for C1 and C2) as the original thread will most likely still be locked at midnight.
Reply 96
I love Maths to bits, but D1 is not it. I hate this module with all my life! Also,

Thank you Arsey for all the help, all the definitions and past papers really helped since I couldn't find many from new spec.
has there ever been a question on scheduling on the current spec papers?
Original post by Arsey
Practice Papers

hey, can you upload the mark schemes for paper B and the sample assessment paper please. i found the paper A and mock papers answers on this thread but not the others.
Reply 99
Original post by cooldudeman
hey, can you upload the mark schemes for paper B and the sample assessment paper please. i found the paper A and mock papers answers on this thread but not the others.

2nd this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending