The Student Room Group

Man cuts off wife's fingers for studying

See news story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16201961

Husbands that beat and abuse their wives are not even real men. These people really are the scum of the earth.

"He also taped my mouth saying that he would give me some surprise gifts. But, instead he cut off my fingers."

What kind of sick and twisted person could do such a thing to his wife?

EDIT: I just read through the thread and saw people writing things I never even imagined would be posted here:

It was God's will, a woman should be in the kitchen preparing meals not studying, unless she is studying with a cook book.

You and all the other people making sexist jokes are just sick.

This woman actually had her fingers cut off!

How is that amusing in anyway???

I know people nowadays are so distanced from pain and suffering, but I didn't think people were this cold and heartless.

I'd say you guys are probably on par with those people that were making jokes about the victims of the haiti earthquake.

Seriously sick people....
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Seems a lot of this kind of stuff happens on that side of the World Wide Earth.
Reply 2
Exactly that. A sick twisted person only could do this. Good to see she's still going to pursue her education.
Wow thats horrible!!! D:
Reply 4
Pure evil. Marriage still means ownership to some of these savage feckers...in this century, I ask you!

Wow, I see this is super-offensive...I should be flogged!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Cut off his arms ?
Original post by DdotT
Cut off his arms ?

AND his winkle :smug:
Is this a warning to the females of TSR?!
That's absolutely disgusting. I hope the woman will still pursue higher education and live a comfortable life.
Reply 9
....No words for this
Reply 10
Horrible.
Tbf though she sounds quite stupid:

"He also taped my mouth saying that he would give me some surprise gifts. But, instead he cut off my fingers."

How gullible can you get? I doubt she'd make much progress with studying.

It's very sad though. Nobody deserves to have their fingers cut off.
That poor woman, what a despicable thing for someone to do to anyone!

So much respect for her trying her best to come back from it, teaching herslef to write left handed etc. I hope she continues her education, gets a great well paying job and a fantastic life.

She'd be laughing while he's still stuck in the gutter!
Absolutely disgusting behaviour! The only books she should be reading are cookery books.
Original post by problemsolver
Tbf though she sounds quite stupid:

How gullible can you get? I doubt she'd make much progress with studying.

By the sound of it I doubt she had much choice in whether he did or not, anyone capable of cutting their wifes fingers off is perfectly capable of forcefully taping her mouth shut.
Original post by Historophilia
By the sound of it I doubt she had much choice in whether he did or not, anyone capable of cutting their wifes fingers off is perfectly capable of forcefully taping her mouth shut.

I just read it again from the angle of her being forced to have her mouth taped shut, and now I see that she didn't say she believed she'd be given surprise gifts, just that she was told she would be. Fair enough.
thats just vicious
Original post by problemsolver
I just read it again from the angle of her being forced to have her mouth taped shut, and now I see that she didn't say she believed she'd be given surprise gifts, just that she was told she would be. Fair enough.

Whatever the exact circumstance, he was clearly jealous and threatened!
Original post by Amiro123

Original post by Amiro123
See news story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16201961

Husbands that beat and abuse their wives are not even real men. These people really are the scum of the earth.

What kind of sick and twisted person could do such a thing to his wife?

What an idiot, cutting fingers off for..studying. Stories like this make my blood boil
I'm from Bangladesh, and I can assure you most people are sane, and most of the people (who I know) are relatively more liberal compared to places like Saudi Arabia
Reply 19
He obviously wasn't aware that the technology exists for her to get a mechanical hand. Maybe she will someday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending