The Student Room Group

Man cuts off wife's fingers for studying

Scroll to see replies

I admire her so much for her determination to learn to write left-handed and continue with her studies. It's such a shame that in this day and age some people are still made to suffer treatment like this from people close to them. I don't understand how anyone could justify cutting off their partner's fingers no matter what they've done. :frown:

I hope he's punished. :mad:
Sad story :frown:
How old does she look in the picture?
What a ridiculous thing to do. I just can't understand why you'd do that to your wife.

I mean, it's your wife. YOUR wife. It's like keying your own car.
That's disgusting. Authorities really need to take woman rights in the Indian subcontinent seriously (amongst other places)- even in India where the situation has ostensibly improved, the condition of women in the countryside remains utterly miserable.
Reply 25
Original post by Amiro123
x QUOTE]
She probably deserved it.
Women can't vote or drive in Saudi Arabia...nothing new there.
Original post by PendulumBoB

Original post by PendulumBoB
How old does she look in the picture?

It says she's 21
Madness.
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
What an idiot, cutting fingers off for..studying. Stories like this make my blood boil
I'm from Bangladesh, and I can assure you most people are sane, and most of the people (who I know) are relatively more liberal compared to places like Saudi Arabia

People are Sane-Er
Bangladeshi's are still very backwards and very narrow mined... Like how they wont work in Bangladesh because they have "Uncles" in the UK
But this story is just ridiculous, Mindset of men against women, and etc..
And truee, Not as backwards as Saudi Arabia
I remember when i went there, some local guy said if you steal they cut off your hands...
Wasss scared :L
Reply 30
It was God's will, a woman should be in the kitchen preparing meals not studying, unless she is studying with a cook book.
Original post by freedom1
It was God's will, a woman should be in the kitchen preparing meals not studying, unless she is studying with a cook book.

Please say troll...
Reply 32
If these people do not encourage and incentivize their female population to pursue higher education and become more economically competitive their envrions will remain a complete basketcase and will be easily trounced by the likes of China.
Reply 33
Original post by Aack
He obviously wasn't aware that the technology exists for her to get a mechanical hand. Maybe she will someday.

Eh?
Reply 34
Disgusting. How is she supposed to cook for him now?
wtf that's disgusting
Original post by effofex
If these people do not encourage and incentivize their female population to pursue higher education and become more economically competitive their envrions will remain a complete basketcase and will be easily trounced by the likes of China.

exactly, how can any country expect to advance if they are depriving themselves of half the talent that they have!
Reply 37
Original post by Joinedup
Eh?

The jokes on him for being a stupidly poor planner of revenge and hate.
Jokes on him, how's she gonna make him sandwiches now that most of her fingers are missing?

Less than 2 minutes and 1 neg already, that's awesome.
(edited 12 years ago)
this is disgusting!

God will punish him, and I hope this is the minority of humanity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending