The Student Room Group

How hard is FP1 compared to C1?

Ive started C1, and its not too hard. Will FP1 follow, or is that much harder?
Reply 1
C1 was a while ago, but there isn't anything in FP1 that is particularly hard to grasp. If you didn't have any trouble with C1 then you shouldn't have a problem with FP1.
Reply 2
A teacher (mum's friend) suggested that FP1 is easier than C1. I found it a little (not much) more difficult. They are rather different, since FP1 is a lot of new and different concepts done in not much depth, while C1 is building a little (not much) on GCSE. So neither go into much depth, perhaps FP1 a little less, but C1 you'll be more familiar with.
Reply 3
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Ive started C1, and its not too hard. Will FP1 follow, or is that much harder?

FP1 introduces new concepts, but requires no more than C1 knowledge of mathematics, so essentially, you should be fine, as long as you put in the effort, since it's all brand new!
It's a step up for sure. C1 links with GCSE a bit more than FP1, where you come across many more new topics you've probably never come across (like Matrices and Complex Numbers)
Reply 5
There's a bit of new notation in fp1 but other than that its quite easier, i found it easier than c1 tbh, but i didnt do too well in gcse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending