The Student Room Group

Anyone had spammed smaller boutique banks for work experience/internships

Like the title says. I've tried this myself and had no replies. Probably went straight into the spam bin.

Anyone had any better luck?
Reply 1
LOL Grammar in the title. May have rushed the typing
Reply 2
Original post by Bloodbath
Like the title says. I've tried this myself and had no replies. Probably went straight into the spam bin.

Hey, yes. I did spam the likes of Houlihan Lokey, Greenhill, Moelis etc..let's see how this goes. best of luck ; ) When did you apply?
Reply 3
Hey, yes. I did spam the likes of Houlihan Lokey, Greenhill, Moelis etc..let's see how this goes. best of luck ; ) When did you apply?
Reply 4
Original post by manda01

I think Greenhill and Moelis have actual careers sections on their website. By 'spamming' I meant emailing smaller companies that don't actual careers sections for graduates/undergraduates.

I've spammed the following: Numis, Winterflood, Peelhunt, Cenkos, CIBC, Bridgewell, Arbuthnot, Altium Capital, Brewin Dolphin, STJ Advisors LLP, Archon Capital, Ocean and Oil Holdings, Evo Securities, McQueen Ltd, Panmure

I've applied to the following small firms (using the application process on their website):
Greenhill, Moelis, Gleacher Shacklock, Hawkpoint, Aberdeen Asset Management, Impact Investment Partners, Execution Noble, Aurthur D Little, PWP, Glencore

Rejected by PWP, Hawkpoint (didn't realize they did summer internships). Got telephone interview with Gleacher. Not heard from anyone else. Brewin Dolphin said they don't do summer interns

After writing this all down it looks pretty dire!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at how well some of the firms did (ie Gleacher) during the last couple of years they look like better bets than the BBs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5

Don't worry, you'll definitely find SOMETHING. There's a lot of good stuff on the mergers inquisitions website. http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/

Could you send me a list of all the emails you collected for Boutiques and PM me? Would be very much appreciated. Cheers.
Reply 6
I think Greenhill and Moelis have actual careers sections on their website. By 'spamming' I meant emailing smaller companies that don't actual careers sections for graduates/undergraduates.

I've spammed the following: Numis, Winterflood, Peelhunt, Cenkos, CIBC, Bridgewell, Arbuthnot, Altium Capital, Brewin Dolphin, STJ Advisors LLP, Archon Capital, Ocean and Oil Holdings, Evo Securities, McQueen Ltd, Panmure

I've applied to the following small firms (using the application process on their website):
Greenhill, Moelis, Gleacher Shacklock, Hawkpoint, Aberdeen Asset Management, Impact Investment Partners, Execution Noble, Aurthur D Little, PWP, Glencore

Rejected by PWP, Hawkpoint (didn't realize they did summer internships). Got telephone interview with Gleacher. Not heard from anyone else. Brewin Dolphin said they don't do summer interns

After writing this all down it looks pretty dire!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at how well some of the firms did (ie Gleacher) during the last couple of years they look like better bets than the BBs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencore

Not sure Glencore counts as a 'small firm'..

Either way I tried this last year and your best bet is to phone them and find a name to send the emails to, that way they might get read..
Reply 7
I know most of these places dont really specify what year undergrad they will accept, but im just assuming most will take penultimate year students only

any idea of any smaller firms that may consider taking a first year for the summer?

im mostly interested in sales, trading, research opportunities

i did send off a few emails to:
arden partners
selbyjennings
capstone co
schneider trading
dubai ptg
makoglobal
santanger gbm
torch partners
intl fcstone

cant see any of them offering me anything though!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending