The Student Room Group

Is it strange that sex doesn't interest me?

As a 20 year old guy, is it bizarre that sex holds no interest or necessary appeal?

I've always been more comfortable showing little emotion and and being a little stern. It's my comfort zone but I cannot help but feel like I would be missing out if I continue my whole life like this.
There are people who are asexual or non-sexual. Do you feel sexual attraction or just chose not to divulge in it? It's not that common, but there's people like you out there. If you think you're missing out on something, go ahead and see if you like it.

AVEN is a community for asexuals. It might be interesting for you.
http://www.asexuality.org/home/
Not at all, you feel how you feel, don't force it to change.

Most people only like it so much anyway because in the western world there is just constant emphasis of sex everywhere and pressure from social tendencies.

Don't worry about it.
Original post by Agenda Suicide

Most people only like it so much anyway because in the western world there is just constant emphasis of sex everywhere and pressure from social tendencies.

Don't worry about it.

Do you have anything to support that claim?
Original post by IlluminatedRain
Do you have anything to support that claim?

Yes, the western world and the typical social pressures a teenager or even anybody faces?

Are you going to be so naive to say that this claim is most likely incorrect?
Yes, the western world and the typical social pressures a teenager or even anybody faces?

Are you going to be so naive to say that this claim is most likely incorrect?

Yes, I am. Obviously not everyone is a sex fanatic, and obviously not everyone feels the social pressure to have sex.
Yes, I am. Obviously not everyone is a sex fanatic, and obviously not everyone feels the social pressure to have sex.

Obviously. Taking things out of context ftw!

I didn't say THE WHOEL DAMN WESTERN WORLD NEEDS SEX AND WANTS IT AND CRAVES IT.

But obviously a lot of people do.

Sex sells.
Obviously. Taking things out of context ftw!

I didn't say THE WHOEL DAMN WESTERN WORLD NEEDS SEX AND WANTS IT AND CRAVES IT.

But obviously a lot of people do.

Sex sells.

No, I know you said most. I might have misunderstood you because I read your first post as "most people only claim to like sex to the extent they say because they think they have to". From that point I didn't take what you said out of context, but alas.

So what? It's exciting, nothing wrong with that.
No, you I know you said most. I might have misunderstood you because I read your first post as "most people only claim to like sex to the extent they say because they think they have to". From that point I didn't take what you said out of context, but alas.

So what? It's exciting, nothing wrong with that.

This is starting to make less and less sense.

You I?

but alas what?

And it's like you're now defending my argument or something....
Sorry, I starting deleting a half finished sentence but forgot the first word. I edited my post shortly after. And my fatigue usually affects my English abilities.

I disagree with you when you say that most people only enjoy sex because they think they have to, through media ("sex sells"), social pressure and Western culture over all. Is that clear?
If we had sex according to every urge, and not with unnatural contraception, there'd be an awful lot of parenting to do. So no I guess it's nopt natrual to surpress getting involved in sex to some degree, maybe you have psychological issues though, I feel patronised myself, and like I'm judged for outward appearances of whether I have a sex-life/relationship. Tbh It's none of anyones business to take away your personal mystery, so just be true to you, my man, that said just chill and enjoy it if you can.

Don't worry about it.

Exactly, you cant just enjoy sexual desires for what they are, like everything including friends (on social networking for example), it's become commodified, you have to account for yourself. Sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending