The Student Room Group

Transport to clinical placements

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hoonosewot
Even in clinical years?

Yeah, when I was on placement in King's Lynn the UEA students were all getting bussed in from Norwich every morning. Tbh I think it's a toss up as to who had the better deal though - roll out of bed onto the wards, but have to live out of a suitcase half your life, vs living in your own home all the time but having to get up stupidly early and sit on a minibus for over an hour each way...
Original post by Helenia
Yeah, when I was on placement in King's Lynn the UEA students were all getting bussed in from Norwich every morning. Tbh I think it's a toss up as to who had the better deal though - roll out of bed onto the wards, but have to live out of a suitcase half your life, vs living in your own home all the time but having to get up stupidly early and sit on a minibus for over an hour each way...

Still, better than rolling out of bed stupidly early then travelling for over an hour on a train you have to pay for.
It's an integrated course so there isn't a divide between clinical and non-clinical years. GP and hospital placements from the first term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending