The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 1 January 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by issyconnor
I suppose you could go the AQA markschemes for Physics, but they only give a brief overwiew.

Our physics teacher gave us a sample question and answer on the photoelectric effect that has come up before in exams, albeit worded differently. He basically told us to keep practising answering these sort of questions, so that when we're in the exam and a long question like that comes up, we can instantly answer it.

This was the question:

Explain why the Classical Laws of Physics do not explain the Photo-Electric Effect but the Quantum Laws of Physics (E = hf) do explain the Photo-Electric Effect.

I can send you a PM with the model answer, if you want it. :smile:

Do you still have that modal answer? If so, dm it to me?
Original post by Hamushte
Do you still have that modal answer? If so, dm it to me?

A please would not go amiss. :smile:
Reply 962
Original post by silentlife
There is no such think as need, especially 120 ums - you mean you really want 120 ums.
My advice for 120 ums in unit 1 (because I got it :yay:) is to look at all possible past papers you can get your hand on. Reading around the topic doesn't really help with AQA science exams (unless you still don't understand things in the topic by now - in which case you shouldn't really be aiming for 120 ums :tongue:).

Could I please have a model answer?😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 963
Original post by issyconnor
A please would not go amiss. :smile:

My bad, could you send me the modal answer, please :P
Reply 964
Hey guys, does anyone have a list of what (could) come up for that dreaded 6 marker question? Or what experiments we should have knowledge of (with regards to the circuits, procedure and so forth).

I can post up my sixth forms (Hereford) revision materials if the original poster wants to shove them in the first post. :-)
I think the 6 marker is going to be something new probably out of these;
The potential divider experiment
A question on how electron diffraction occurs
Calculating internal resistance through an experiment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending