The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heptapus
They went okay, but C1 went worse than FP1.

We get our results in registration. :s-smilie:

Lol I guess FP1 went awesome then :biggrin:

We've got the day off so we have to go in at 11am, but my teacher said I can go at 8 :smile:
heading to a science conferance at sussex university tomorow :smile: 4 workshops = biochemistry, neuroscience, student finance and 'you wanna be a scientist' :biggrin: could of picked the physics and astronomy 1 but im only interested in it , i dont do physics ;p
The two options given by nottingham uni philosophy department " You could sit in on an Applied Ethics lecture. And/or you could attend one of the sessions that some of our staff run with primary school children. "

Hmmm... annoying kids vs. tall intelligent strangers?

:biggrin:
Reply 8223
Good luck to everybody getting their January results this week! :smile:

Personally, I didn't do any exams in January with the unfortunate implication that I have twelve in the summer, including nine maths exams... :colonhash:
Original post by und
Good luck to everybody getting their January results this week! :smile:

Personally, I didn't do any exams in January with the unfortunate implication that I have twelve in the summer, including nine maths exams... :colonhash:

Ah I only did one exam in January- the rest of mine are in the summer (along with a retake I expect). I suppose you have one advantage in a way as most people feel more prepared for exams in the summer. :smile:

Good luck for your exams when you do them anyway :smile:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l

We've got the day off so we have to go in at 11am, but my teacher said I can go at 8 :smile:

I fudged it a bit. But I felt more confident.

That is lucky! I get it in registration. :s
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Omfg! I feel so sorry for you :jumphug: I thought the Welsh Bacc was pretty pointless but that's a whole new level. How is a wordsearch going to help :laugh:
My tutor just told us to bring the money in and that was that :teehee:

I've been looking at Sheffield, Cardiff and QUB so far :h:
How about you? Do you know what course you might do? :biggrin:

Yeah the wordsearch thing was pretty funny- but you never know I may end up finding the words when I get bored on the bus on the way there. :erm:

I'm not really sure, I don't think I'll be going that far away- not that I'm even sure I'm going yet. I would really like to do Illustration, but I don't know if it's worth doing a degree in it. How about you, have you said what course you wanted to before? I don't think I remember...:colondollar:
Original post by Heptapus
I fudged it a bit. But I felt more confident.

That is lucky! I get it in registration. :s

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l

Am I correct, or am I seeing things? On the Edexcel boundaries, it says it's 69 for an A?!
Original post by JOR2010
Am I correct, or am I seeing things? On the Edexcel boundaries, it says it's 69 for an A?!

Where?????
Reply 8231
Original post by JOR2010

Wow. :eyeball: I hope it won't be that high for FP1 in January 2013, though I guess in March 2013 getting an A in FP1 will be the least of my worries.
Reply 8232
Original post by wcp100
Is that high or low?

It seems very high to me. It's higher than 90%!
Original post by und

B*LL*
Original post by wcp100
Is that high or low?

Very high. Last highest recorded FP1 A boundary was 64! :')
Original post by RainReader
Yeah the wordsearch thing was pretty funny- but you never know I may end up finding the words when I get bored on the bus on the way there. :erm:

I'm not really sure, I don't think I'll be going that far away- not that I'm even sure I'm going yet. I would really like to do Illustration, but I don't know if it's worth doing a degree in it. How about you, have you said what course you wanted to before? I don't think I remember...:colondollar:

I want to get quite far away. Thing is though it'll be cheaper if i stay in Wales, so i'm really confused whether to go to Sheffield (which i think i'll enjoy more) or go to Cardiff and have half the debt :cry2:
Ooh my sister did Illustration at Uni! :h:
I don't think i did, i either want to do English Language (depending on As results) or Philosophy :biggrin:
Original post by und

Few C1 isn't too bad.
Original post by wcp100
Few C1 isn't too bad.

WCP! How's your maths progressing, and how's sixth form in general?
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I want to get quite far away. Thing is though it'll be cheaper if i stay in Wales, so i'm really confused whether to go to Sheffield (which i think i'll enjoy more) or go to Cardiff and have half the debt :cry2:
Ooh my sister did Illustration at Uni! :h:
I don't think i did, i either want to do English Language (depending on As results) or Philosophy :biggrin:

Wahey. Great minds think alike... scientists and maths teachers can go finger themselves!
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
WCP! How's your maths progressing, and how's sixth form in general?

My maths has got a lot better I think. STEP is getting easier (less than impossible) so it can't be too bad. I'm self teaching M4 at the minute for funsies.

Sixth form is okay but I'm dreading results on thursday. So much pressure to get 100% and I know I won't do it.

How's sixth form for you?

Latest