The Student Room Group

what's your favourite word to use in essays?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blutooth
If you go back to my original post, I think you will find that I used the 2 word from. It is one thing to insult a man's integrity but to insult his grammar.... you sir, are a scoundrel. :tongue:

Which you edited in at 13.25; 29 minutes after I made a comment about the two word form :tongue:
Whenever I use "one" instead of "I", I always read the next few lines with a Sherlock Holmes accent.
Things always seem to happen "inevitably" in my essays.
Original post by thegodofgod
Which you edited in at 13.25; 29 minutes after I made a comment about the two word form :tongue:

I mean that is just so sad. That you make all these claims that I edit this and edit that. You should just accept that you made a grammatical mistake, I mean there's no shame in it. We all make mistakes from time to time. :smile:
I mean that is just so sad. That you make all these claims that I edit this and edit that. You should just accept that you made a grammatical mistake, I mean there's no shame in it. We all make mistakes from time to time. :smile:

:hand:
the
Reply 166
I like a good 'therefore', also 'however' 'consequently' and 'on the other hand' is a good phrase to use.

:hand:

So what's your favourite word godofgod?
So what's your favourite word godofgod?

English or German?
English or German?

No, that is three words :colonhash:
No, that is three words :colonhash:

:unimpressed:

err.
Paradoxically is my favourite as it always seems to impress the teacher.
Its not even an impressive word, but i ALWAYS use the word: Indeed.

Sometimes i use it and it doesnt even make sense! haha
Reply 173
Nevertheless
Reply 174
anus
'Thus' and 'Moreover' :smile:

I also apparently like to quote Bond films, I fit "he had a powerful weapon" and "all time high" in one of my history essays. Clearly, my subconscious is telling me to watch more Bond films for revision :biggrin:
As part of a proposition bet I've successfully managed to include the word 'discombobulating' in every one of my non-exam essays over the past year.

SHIP THAT TENNER.
Original post by CasualSoul
A bit nerdy but which words do you commonly use in essays to impress?

Ergo, Vis a Vis, Concordantly etc.
Reply 178
I use 'infers' a lot as I only write essays for history
Reply 179
Thus, furthermore, hence, therefore etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending