The Student Room Group

What should you wear when you go clubbing in the winter ?

Hiyaa,

I hope im posting this on the right forum...

Anyhow, I'm going clubbing next week... its my first time so I dont really know how all this works. I wanted to ask what should i wear since its freezing outside?
I'm not 'supposed' to carry around a coat with me I think (I've never seen anyone do it)... but then again its so cold... plus where would you put your coat when you're in ??

I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid :redface: I'm just a bit new to these thingsss :colondollar:

Any advice will be much appreciated !
Thankyooohh :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most clubs have a coat check where you can give in your coat and get a tag and collect it when you leave. Normally costs about £1.
Original post by Rainfaery
Most clubs have a coat check where you can give in your coat and get a tag and collect it when you leave. Normally costs about £1.

Never a good idea. Usually you're too drunk to remember, then have to pay lots of money to get it back the next day. There's a reason why most people go sparsely dressed to clubs, even when it's freezing cold :yep:
Reply 3
If you have bought tickets beforehand and get a taxi/lift there with your friends then you shouldn't be cold for very long so you shouldn't need a coat if you're going to go straight in. maybe wear tights under your dress/skirt, I think lots of girls wear black tights or leggings around this time of year. i generally wear a small cardi/shrug type thing over my shoulders if it's cold too, or have a slightly bigger handbag i shove my cardi into when i get hot once i'm in there :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rainfaery

Don't rely on this. Ask someone who's already been there! I've been in a club which claims to have a coat check, but it's just a rail next to the dancefloor and not staffed - I wouldn't leave a coat there. I normally wear a cardigan and tie it around my handbag once I get there, unless I know there's a secure coat check.
Reply 5
I tend to wear a coat out, I don't bother with coat check, if I'm dancing I'll just sling it in the corner of the dancefloor or something.

To be honest though if I got taxis I probably would just be cold for 5-10 mins when waiting for the taxi.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I'd rather not take a coat and be cold on the way there/back than be ridiculously hot when i'm in there!
Reply 7
Two words: Vodka jacket
I usually just take a cheap cardi (that way im not bothered if i lose it) and tie it around my bag
I wear tights or leggings - and then I wear a cheap cardi that I stuff in - tie round my bag

:biggrin:
I just take a big bag with me and stuff my jacket and flat shoes and whoever elses jacket in it and put the tag in the back of my phone next to the battery that way I can't lose it. If you do, you just have to wait to the end and get it...I've done this so often except one time when I was really drunk I managed to convince them to give me my bag back without waiting til the end...success. :biggrin:
As Nietzsche said: 'has the woman who knows she is well dressed ever caught a cold?'
Reply 12
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
Hiyaa,

I hope im posting this on the right forum...

Anyhow, I'm going clubbing next week... its my first time so I dont really know how all this works. I wanted to ask what should i wear since its freezing outside?
I'm not 'supposed' to carry around a coat with me I think (I've never seen anyone do it)... but then again its so cold... plus where would you put your coat when you're in ??

I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid :redface: I'm just a bit new to these thingsss :colondollar:

Any advice will be much appreciated !
Thankyooohh :smile:

I hate the way you type. It just screams stupidity.
I've often took a pashmina, folded it up in my bag then wrapped it round me between clubs/pubs oh, and make sure to wear tights and a cardigan.

I wouldn't take a coat, I've had one stolen once so haven't bothered since.
Reply 14
Original post by Renacata
Don't rely on this. Ask someone who's already been there! I've been in a club which claims to have a coat check, but it's just a rail next to the dancefloor and not staffed - I wouldn't leave a coat there. I normally wear a cardigan and tie it around my handbag once I get there, unless I know there's a secure coat check.

most be a right ***** where only weirdos go.
Original post by yothi5
I hate the way you type. It just screams stupidity.

Well, aren't you charming
Especially now it's freezing most nights don't forgo a coat/jacket just because it's annoying for dancing, read an article the other day about girls who just wear a 'cocktail coat' and got hypothermia. Not fun.

If you're wearing a skirt/dress, wear thick tights, and wear a thin vest/straptop underneath your top layer. I would also suggest mid heels in case it's icy. I went out yesterday and put a Topshop leather jacket on over my dress. Bring a shoulder bag and you can just sling it over the bag/tie it and it really doesn't get in the way of dancing that much. You can also get a friend who is sitting down to look after your jacket. Also make sure if you're getting a taxi home book in advance so you're not waiting around in the cold. Hope I helped!
Reply 17
I just deal with it. Sometimes I wear tights then take them off when we get to the last club, or take a really old/cheap cardigan and throw it away if I get too warm. But then again I don't even take a bag because I think they get in the way. I travel light. :tongue:

Either way, nobody's going to really think you're weird for wearing certain things. I have friends who take coats out, and some who dress no differently to the summer.
Reply 18
I just take a coat :tongue: And then take it off in the club and put it over my arm/etc while I'm dancing. Get drunk enough, and you won't care if other people think you're weird for being warm :wink:
Original post by rachelll=)
Two words: Vodka jacket

Naughty girl. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest