The Student Room Group

Egyptian military police beating on girl, more than brutal (VIDEO)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ÜberHeathen
The worst part is that some Egyptians I know watched this (or similar videos) and still side with the military. Unbelievable...

Well, it's not quite that simple, is it? I mean, especially since the revolution. If your political preference is for military control, that won't be changed by individual instances like this, any more than a protest turning violent should turn you off of the initial cause of the protest. Of course, if this sort of behaviour becomes or has become a completely systemic and inseparable method of the military "winning", that'll cause people to question if the potential ends can justify the means. But I could find videos of British police doing this at some point or other - it doesn't mean I give up on the idea of enforcing law and order. None of this is to say that videos like this shouldn't change people's minds - merely that it's more complex than simply "What, these police beat a girl up in this video? I can't support their aims any more!"
cowards...... hitting a girl while shes down is pathetic, having a whole gorup of trained to kill military people beating on one girl.... well what can i say..... the p word obviously.
Original post by CyclopsRock

Original post by CyclopsRock
Well, it's not quite that simple, is it? I mean, especially since the revolution. If your political preference is for military control, that won't be changed by individual instances like this, any more than a protest turning violent should turn you off of the initial cause of the protest. Of course, if this sort of behaviour becomes or has become a completely systemic and inseparable method of the military "winning", that'll cause people to question if the potential ends can justify the means. But I could find videos of British police doing this at some point or other - it doesn't mean I give up on the idea of enforcing law and order. None of this is to say that videos like this shouldn't change people's minds - merely that it's more complex than simply "What, these police beat a girl up in this video? I can't support their aims any more!"

Actually, most of the people I am referring to aren't for "military control". They believe that the military is keeping the country stable and are the "protectors of the revolution". The vast majority of them are all for a transition to a democratic system, and they believe that the military will help reach that goal. They don't agree with those who say that the military is trying to keep itself in power, and is behaving in pretty much the same way as the previous regime. These are the people that I think should "wake up" after watching videos like the one posted by the OP.
Reply 23
Nothing surprises me anymore.
The only positive I saw was that one of the guys pushed away the guy that kickd the woman in the stomach and this guy also seemed to be covering her blue bra up...

It shows that they are still human...

But I dnt knw how they can live wit themselves...

Monsters...
Reply 25
LOL! Never saw this coming.

One minute we were on Mubarack’s side. He was lauded as the US’ greatest ally in Africa. Then, when he got kicked out the international community all had a little vvank and congratulated the new regime. Now they’ll have to change our minds again. Oh dear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending