The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl questionnaire 2012

I am applying for a Biological sciences degree at UCL. Received a questionnaire from them last week, but I only read it yesterday because I was away.

Its due tomorrow!!!!

The questions on the questionnaire include:

Why I want to study it, what topic is most interesting, my future after and I have to summarise the design and interpretaion of a scientific experiment that I have conducted during my studies...

I have a few questions...

Do I answer the questions like a personal statement (because then I will not be able to draft them etc) Or as a normal, formal conversation.

Also, for the last question (about summarising a scientific experiment) can i talk about any experiment in biology despite being a rubbish one because my school only did really rubbish ones

THANKS!
Reply 1
If it doesn't say in the instructions that they want it as a personal statement then they won't - you'd be better setting it out as those questions and then the answers directly underneath, or in some other way so that it is clear what you are answering.

You might actually be better talking about "a rubbish one" as many people will probably go for something popular and famous. You can also talk about it in detail, and explain what you learnt from the experiment in a way that shows you understand it. Choosing a complicated one in order to show off will backfire as you won't know anything about it.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I just got the questionaire too, I wonder if writing about the experiment in my practical exam/ EMPA would be too boring as a lot of people would do it?
Reply 3
Original post by Chuck1993
I just got the questionaire too, I wonder if writing about the experiment in my practical exam/ EMPA would be too boring as a lot of people would do it?

Im not too sure, it depends what you wanna do/ what experiment you like.

(But it did say write about an experiment you've completed- So i recomend you writing about one that you've done because youll know it more.)

If you do write about a famous one instead, then you're probably gonna end up having to write extra saying why you picked this one, why you like it and they might ask you alot about it during an interview

And what if everyones thinking the same as you- maybe everyone ended up doing a famous experiment and not one from their school practical hmmmmmm...
Reply 4
Original post by plummango

And what if everyones thinking the same as you- maybe everyone ended up doing a famous experiment and not one from their school practical hmmmmmm...

That's a good point LOL, I think I'll just write about that, I don't have much time left :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending