Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I live with children! :(

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, possibly blame me for moving in with people I barely know but the situation's got to a point where I don't know if I can carry on living here even though I'm just about to start my last semester of uni.

Basically, I live with six other girls and five of them have formed a kind of "pack", doing everything together etc. That would be OK if they didn't also need to have someone to exclude/pick on, which is lucky ME! One of them hates me, and I mean really hates me. The sixth girl is my friend but she likes to keep her head down and try and not make it worse for herself, as she said herself: "at least I'm not being treated as badly as YOU!" :eek: Erm..thanks...

Anyway, it's things like staring at me and not saying anything, glaring, not bothering to reply or say thanks when I do something for them. With the one girl who really doesn't like me it's worse. She'll turn lights off when I'm in the bathroom so when I come out the whole house is dark, make loud noises giggling with her boyfriend upstairs, leave dishes around the place and then complain that "she had to clean the house AGAIN after a long day of uni and if it gets messed up again she'll be VERY ANGRY" when it was just me and her in the house.

Then there's the facebook statuses, her boyfriend who I hardly know calling me a "stupid lazy b***h" because I asked her to do her washing up once and then making out I was this awful person he had to protect her from. She never, ever speaks to me to my face so the whole thing is done in silence. The one time I spoke to her boyfriend directly about the nasty facebook things he literally ran away and then I heard him calling me a b***h again later while the others giggled.

Probably the worst thing they've done recently is have a secret santa "house" party with loud music, cheering, loud descriptions of what they're doing etc IN the room next to mine. While I sat there on my own and I'm ashamed to say cried from feeling so rejected. The other day they put the music up to earsplitting volume in the kitchen, danced around banging saucepans and screaming when I wanted to cook, so I had to go out hungry.

Anyway, I'm feeling very low at the moment. I think the turning point was today when I came out of the bathroom and all the lights downstairs were turned off the TV I turned on was off and they'd put the cat I had in for the evening out.

And let me point out we are 20-22 years old, all of us. I feel like I'm living with nasty children half the time and it's getting me down. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can advise me on how to get through the next semester?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speak to them.

Tell them it stops. Ask them why they are doing it and what they hope to achieve from it.

Explain you wish to co-operate and it would be nicer for you all and if they want to start being horrible to you, expect it back.

Or....

destroy them.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_shooting.jpg
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what a situation.

Those people are really mean.

They don't respect you, so I think you should move out.

No one deserves to live like that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    hehehe DESTROY!

Hmmm...the worst girl really won't speak to me-when I try she just mumbles and runs off-that's part of why she gets away with so much. She's highly manipulative. From the others I just get arguments and stuff. I mean, last year, they wrote me nasty letters and left them on the fridge/spelt them out in fridge magnets...that kind of shows the maturity level they are at
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmfc)
    Wow, what a situation.

Those people are really mean.

They don't respect you, so I think you should move out.

No one deserves to live like that.

Well, I'm coming up for my last semester and as much as I would LOVE to have a stress free last few months I'm not sure if moving out would be possible. I've tried to keep busy, I had two jobs and a volunteer job last semester, music lessons, exercise classes...obviously I still get looked at like I'm the poor relative when I come in because their parents pay for everything...but I have so much TIME this semester coming up! Spose I'll have to live in the library!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggy320)
    Well, I'm coming up for my last semester and as much as I would LOVE to have a stress free last few months I'm not sure if moving out would be possible. I've tried to keep busy, I had two jobs and a volunteer job last semester, music lessons, exercise classes...obviously I still get looked at like I'm the poor relative when I come in because their parents pay for everything...but I have so much TIME this semester coming up! Spose I'll have to live in the library!
    You know the things that would have turned things in your favour and helped you?

- Stop being such a walkover
    - Stop trying to be friends with people who have mental issues (yes they have issues)
    - You could of done with a man in your life who would have supported you, comforted you and scared the **** out of those pieces of piss.

Especially the boyfriends.

I dont think I'd take too kindly to any Gf of mine being called a bitch, let alone by some little ****e who thinks he is 'ard.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggy320)
    No matter what you decide to do, just remember there's nothing wrong with you and don't let them bring you down.

You're much better than them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HP15)
    You know the things that would have turned things in your favour and helped you?

- Stop being such a walkover
    - Stop trying to be friends with people who have mental issues (yes they have issues)
    - You could of done with a man in your life who would have supported you, comforted you and scared the **** out of those pieces of piss.

Especially the boyfriends.

I dont think I'd take too kindly to any Gf of mine being called a bitch, let alone by some little ****e who thinks he is 'ard.
    Well.....I have a boyfriend but he's erm, not very confrontational:confused: And a bit wrapped up in his own issues but I most definitely won't go into that!!! haha

You're right though, it's just there's so MANY of them! and they're all so loud and they have so many excuses. As I've said the worst girl hides in her room and never, ever speaks to me. I tried knocking on her door once and they actually pretended they weren't in.

I keep being told to just be nice and polite...to behave like I've been brought up to...but it gets tiring. And yup, no-one really comes round anymore that I'm friends with coz it's known as the "crazy house!. In a bad way.

Haha you're actually right nasty girl's boyfriend is actually tiny! Too short to get into the army, as I once heard him proudly tell someone....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmfc)
    No matter what you decide to do, just remember there's nothing wrong with you and don't let them bring you down.

You're much better than them.
    Thank you It's hard remembering that I'm a perfectly normal person in the middle of all this horribleness!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're either very unlucky or you're the problem.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Givemetheir FB's I'll sort the little tarts out for you....;-)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I'm 20, and I thought at our age, that sort of behaviour didn't exist.

I would seriously look at moving out, what are your options? I'm sure most universities have an accomodation service, and would move you if the situation was desperate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can either sit back and ignore this, or play them at thier own game.

&I dont mean sit there and argue blind with them.. turn THIER TV off, turn lights off for them & anything else they do. Then just play dumb as they do. Hopefully they'll realise how pathetic and frustrating thier behaviour is! If it fails, move in with boyfriend.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I empathise with you completely. I had a similar situation but I stuck it out, which in hindsight was the wrong decision. I would urge you to find someone else quiet etc to live with if possible. They are ruining your uni experience. Don't stoop to their level either. Is this halls? Contact the hall manager and get them to make it stop maybe?
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    No question

Find somewhere else to live

Are you really going to throw away your educational opportunity worrying about these people
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Move out, definitely. You don't deserve to live with those *****, I'm sure you could find a place with more mature and nice people.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    You're either very unlucky or you're the problem.
    I'm the problem because I don't like to to conform to these kind of people's expectations definitely. However I've always been very much myself and they are the kind of people that need someone to pick on and exclude to make their group tighter if you see what I mean :s
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruetoMyself)
    Givemetheir FB's I'll sort the little tarts out for you....;-)
    haha I would gladly! Except it would probably make everything worse for me :s So far I have done nothing major to put me in the wrong. In case this turns into a fight, I have that advantage still
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    Wow. I'm 20, and I thought at our age, that sort of behaviour didn't exist.

I would seriously look at moving out, what are your options? I'm sure most universities have an accomodation service, and would move you if the situation was desperate.

Yes I didn't think so either-very frustrating! Umm, not really any options as I've got about five months of education left and I live in a house we all rent together. I could go and speak to the uni though-maybe there's someone I could tell about all this and get some advice. Apart from on here of course, which has been very helpful
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvh)
    You can either sit back and ignore this, or play them at thier own game.

&I dont mean sit there and argue blind with them.. turn THIER TV off, turn lights off for them & anything else they do. Then just play dumb as they do. Hopefully they'll realise how pathetic and frustrating thier behaviour is! If it fails, move in with boyfriend.

I've been trying to ignore for a year and a half at the advice of my (probably a bit cowardly) housemate and it gives me no satisfaction. And doesn't improve the situation! So I think the other option is looking highly preferable right now.

Yesterday I did turn the girl's landing light back on so she had to get up and turn it off, but I just feel like a silly child I guess I think too much instead of just doing things dumbly like they do

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.