Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather be loved or spoilt?

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Say for instance you have a choice of two guys:

Guy A: typical student lifestyle with typical student account balance to go with it, can't afford takeaways or nights out. However, this is a guy that you love and share memories with but can't offer you gifts for christmas.

Guy B: Slightly older, not a student, good with people and especially good with money consequently has a very healthy bank balance. He'll offer you all sorts of luxurious, all your girly needs will be fulfilled. However, you don't love this guy.

Who would you pick?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guy A ... Love is priceless, materials just can't compete <3
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tannu123)
    Guy A ... Love is priceless, materials just can't compete <3
    This ^
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Guy A: typical student lifestyle with typical student account balance to go with it, can't afford takeaways or nights out. However, this is a guy that you love and share memories with but can't offer you gifts for christmas.

Guy B: Slightly older, not a student, good with people and especially good with money consequently has a very healthy bank balance. He'll offer you all sorts of luxurious, all your girly needs will be fulfilled. However, you don't love this guy.
    Been with B.. Having my "girly needs fulfilled" (oh please, what needs would those even be?) didn't make me happy. So, would have to be A. Though truthfully, I wouldn't really be looking for a boyfriend in the typical student either.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    y, u offerin summit? :eyeball:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loved, definitely, materialism isn't attractive whatsoever. & staying in a relationship just for that reason is awful.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy A.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone will say A but end up with B.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Defo A.
    I've never been somebody who ever expects gifts or for the guy to always spend his money taking me out places and whatnot. If he did every now and then I'd love it, just for the romantic and thoughtfulness. I just want a guy to love me as much as I love him .
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy A.
    If you don't love Guy B then why would you choose him instead? :dontknow:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    A is preferable but a modified version of B who loves me wouldn't go amiss. Say if B loved me and didn't use money as an excuse for not giving genuine quality time and affection, or make a big thing out of having money...I probably wouldn't say no. Just being honest here...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A, obviously. I can buy material things myself, don't need a guy for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy A - I'm struggling to think who would actually say guy B...but I guess there are some people out there :/

What's a relationship without memories, joy and love? And tbh, I've never really liked receiving presents, so yeah, guy B would wind me right up :/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy A. I've dated a Guy B and it fell apart because I fell for Guy A. Guy B may give you lots of gifts, but memories are priceless and fancy gifts without meaning aren't worth a lot. Guy A sounds awesome, even if he can't afford a lot. Nothing beats love!
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guy A (I love love )

:love:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Everyone will say A but end up with B.
    This is true in a lot of cases I must say. Theres usually a problem between asking women (and men for that matter) preference questions about the opposite sex-the difference between their stated preference and their actual preference (based on their behaviour).
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Person A. Love, friendship and compatibility are vital in a romantic relationship.

I'd never consider person B. I don't need nights out, take-sways and presents. My entire relationship history reflects this.

A, and I can say this quite genuinely because all of my bfs have been poor (just coincidence) and I always end up lending them money. I'm an epic stingepot/bargain seeker (hence why I have the money to lend), so expensive gifts have never been my thing anyway ("for that necklace, we could go out to the pub ten times... I could sell it" would be my secret thought).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.