Welcome to the TSR Christian Society
A place for anyone of the faith to congregate, chat, ask for help or prayers and general off topic spam chat
Join the Soc here
Feel free to introduce yourself and join in the conversation by posting bellow. We would like to ask you generally keep debate about Christian theology out of this thread as this thread is meant for light discussion. If you would like to debate or query about Christianity, post in the Ask about Christianity
thread and someone will answer you. Thank You.
The Christmas Tree of Favourite Quotes
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
~ Isaiah 40:11 ~
"We love Him because He first loved us."
~ 1 John 4:19 ~
"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
~ Philippians 4:13 ~
"What, shall we say in response? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
~ Romans 8:31 ~
"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters."
~ Romans 14:1 ~
"Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
~ Ezra 10:4 ~
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
"Short time or long- I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am except for these chains."
~ Acts 27-29
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you."
~ Romans 1:17 ~
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
~ Hebrews 12:1 ~
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
~ Hebrews 10:24-25
X-Soc 2012 Lent Givings
- Willow: Caffeine/Fizzy-drinks
- Tasha: Chocolate and Biscuits
- TLG: Suicide attempts
- GEG: Giving up caffeine heavy fizzy drinks. Also listening to entire New Testament and trying to write down how God has especially blessed her today
- Joseia: Chocolate/Sweets and fizzy drinks. Also trying to think more nicely about people - no mean thoughts.
- 22KT22: Giving up chocolate and fizzy drinks. Listening to New Testament.
- iwantcurlyhairtoo: Hobnob biscuits, Hoola Hoops and stop buying stuff that I don't really need.
- Quornslice: 'spiritual breakfast' each day (with a view to carry on afterwards). Basically it's reading the bible a bit every day before breakfast.
- Ebuwa:No biscuits, cakes, fast food, fried food, chocolate and chocolate products. Cut down red meat. Started exercising and drinking more than 1 litre of water. Slower to anger.
- rainbowbex: No swearing!
- Lantana: Cheese!
- Facticity: Sweets/Fizzy drinks
Quote to be added
And now, a praying cat ^_^