Scroll to see replies

Original post by leo_06
Me too! Just read my above ques plz

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Afraid i have no idea what EES is :P
Reply 2061
Original post by Jabahut
Hi,

Got my accreditation pass, uniform and completed my PSA - bagger, screener, searcher and loader training at London, Statford - did this on the weekend - 7th & 8th July.

Does anyonone know how to collect your payroll number and time card? I think the payroll number and time card are the most imporant things as it allows you to sign in and out, which must be done in order to get payed.

Other than that, have not heard anything about work and shifts ect, any venues I might be able to work at and accomodation.

Seems ridiclous that G4S are leaving everything this late, did a little bit of research online earlier and alot of newspapers are now highlighting the point that the olympics is lacking secuirty - out of the 13,500 potential security employees - 9,000 still have to be accredited! 9,000 people to be accredited in three weeks...good luck.

I went to collect my uniform today and as for the time cardvthey told me that it would be available at the venue I will be working at as they didnt have it there with them
Original post by DejiBest
All I need is uniform, you?

Accreditation and uniform :smile: Then i'm all good
Reply 2063
Original post by arno111
CHecked my ess today, showing shifts down for days i told them i cant work? They have given me 6 days of 12.30 hour shifts then 3 days off then another 6 days. Cant work 4 of those days and now i have no way of contacting anyone about it because they refuse to give the scheduling teams number out. Oh and to top that off, the venue is a 3 hours train journey from where i live, they told me they would be puttting me up in a hotel and paying for it all and would receive an email. Have i received one? Of course not.

Hi

I wanted to ask about the ess system you mentioned. Where do you get your username and password to login in?

Kind regards
Reply 2064
Original post by yennibubs
Is it normal to only receive one of them? We felt the role specific ones later right? Because I have been given no details about venue yet

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Yah.. Simply take this as a another round of vetting process. Upgrade card will be given during your actual work assignment. However you require both of them during your actual work time. Gd luck.
Reply 2065
Original post by Jamest00
Hi

I wanted to ask about the ess system you mentioned. Where do you get your username and password to login in?

Kind regards

You will be instructed to sign in to ESS site once you receive contract from G4S. Mean time you will also receive your pay roll number as well.
Reply 2066
Original post by coolasacucumber
Im trying to get this atm too

Whats your current role?
Reply 2067
Original post by BigSamBear
Accreditation and uniform :smile: Then i'm all good

Got my uniform today! Im all set to work now
Reply 2068
Never knew they would give us soo much uniform
Original post by ybasnet
Yah.. Simply take this as a another round of vetting process. Upgrade card will be given during your actual work assignment. However you require both of them during your actual work time. Gd luck.

Another vetting process?? *freaks out* lol I rather not take it as that! thanks
Original post by ybasnet
You will be instructed to sign in to ESS site once you receive contract from G4S. Mean time you will also receive your pay roll number as well.

Weird, because I received my contract a while ago, signed it and sent it off etc. I had my payroll number on there too.
No info about ESS though?

Don't understand why g4s doesn't have a system to all of this and have things in the same order for everyone!!

edit: I just googled g4s ESS and registered myself in with my payroll number. cheers :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone done the guard training here yet?

Guard Team Member (Patrol, Perimeter & Asset Protection-BOH)

Just wondered what you actually do, got my training tomorrow.
Original post by DejiBest
Whats your current role?

PSA, however i got to try the xray too and i was quite good at it, every body was saying they got a test to see if they could use xray however i didn't get one. So im seeing if i can do this.

WBU?
Reply 2073
Oh my days even after 30 minutes the call centre still wouldn't pick up. What a load of rubbish!!! I think they are actually monkeys who are taking the calls! Seriously and I wanted to change my shift about the nights I'm not doing even though I said part time not full time!! If I'm working in wembley let's hope the managers are nicer!! Also the first aid department I wander what is happening with them now!! Bother!!! Okay is there PSA who are in wembley? Can they give me the latest news on the managers over there. Also does anyone know if the call centre have emails maybe they would respond to that!
Reply 2074
Original post by Mrnice92
ahh ok thank you :smile:

i got the same letter today. have you passed screening?
Original post by ± Dan ±
Has anyone done the guard training here yet?

Guard Team Member (Patrol, Perimeter & Asset Protection-BOH)

Just wondered what you actually do, got my training tomorrow.

Yes. you don't do much, lol.
you go in there, get registered, sit down and listen to the trainers give you an introduction about the olympic games, and then give you some information on the role you will be doing. They try to make it fun for you so hopefully you won't get too bored. There were a few who fell asleep though lol.

Lunch and tea/coffee is supplied through the day, so you don't need to buy anything.

At the end of the day, you get given a little multiple choice 'test' which is very easy and you can work together with this anyway. You also need to do a little test on whether u can do speak 'radio language'. You'll get told what to do and it's very easy. We didn't do any vehicle searches outdoors like the email said we would though.
Reply 2076
Just emailed them telling them I passed my screening/vetting two months ago and I haven't done any kind of training as of yet. This is the reply I got:

"Hi
Thank you for your email.
The final checks are being completed and notifications are being made this week.
If you have successfully completed all the stages of your London 2012 journey so far, you will be receiving your work schedule by email sometime during the next week. Please keep an eye on your inbox.
Please bear with us - as you can imagine, there are a lot of notifications to make.
Kind regards
Paula"

What chances have I got with no training at all......
Original post by yennibubs
Yes. you don't do much, lol.
you go in there, get registered, sit down and listen to the trainers give you an introduction about the olympic games, and then give you some information on the role you will be doing. They try to make it fun for you so hopefully you won't get too bored. There were a few who fell asleep though lol.

Lunch and tea/coffee is supplied through the day, so you don't need to buy anything.

At the end of the day, you get given a little multiple choice 'test' which is very easy and you can work together with this anyway. You also need to do a little test on whether u can do speak 'radio language'. You'll get told what to do and it's very easy. We didn't do any vehicle searches outdoors like the email said we would though.

Wow sounds really bloody easy that, thanks for the quick reply mate!!
Original post by ± Dan ±
Wow sounds really bloody easy that, thanks for the quick reply mate!!

No probs. The hardest thing for me during the day was staying awake!! I struggle with early mornings lol. Not sure how i'd survive during my shifts, but hey.
Reply 2079
Original post by mattstar
My application says 'sent to screening'. been like that since early feb. tried calling about it 10min ago and she just hung up on me. :/

That's insane, I've been 'sent to screening' since early-April.

I finally got through to them and all they did was email screening (something I've done enough already) and say if I haven't heard anything in a few weeks then I should give up.

:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending