The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lasuil
So on the phone when I called to say I couldn't do my first shift as I'm not in Weymouth, I asked and the lady told me to just go in and try to get my uniform/accreditation. Then when I called the same number and got through to the accreditation part, they told me I wasn't on the system and not to waste my time.

What annoys me is that if I don't start before July 22nd, I won't get the 70p bonus, even though I've been ready to start now for weeks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:lolwut:

70P Bonus? :holmes:

Original post by 2LEGIT2QUIT
What password do they want for ESS?

Surname
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
Anyone know the email address for scheduling? I've got my Accreditation pass, uniform, payroll number, ESS account... just waiting for be deployed?!

Don't quote me on this but I think it might be:

[email protected]

Nearly every email address is [INSERT DEPARTMENT HERE][email protected]
Reply 3082
I don't think i'll be getting the job.

I passed screening and vetting and now my application is now sent to accreditation and only 8 days to go till the Olympics and I HAVE NOT EVEN HAD TRAINING OR SIA TRAINING!! WTF!
Original post by Lord Jon
:lolwut:

70P Bonus? :holmes:

Everyone thats already started gets an extra £1 an hour bonus, people that start on or before 22nd will get 70p an hour extra and anyone after that 50p. But I can't accept my schedule cos I'm not working in Weymouth. Also most of the shifts I've been given are for guarding and patrolling when I only trained for PSA.

Original post by Lasuil
Now managed to make an ESS account. Can't believe they've placed me in Weymouth when I'm living in London. What a cock up.

I'm gonna try and collect accreditation and uniform tomorrow in that order. What's the best time of day to go?

Edit: yay my SIA license arrived today :smile:

Go in the morning and wheres Weymouth

Original post by treeves
Do we need to sign in at stratford even if we work at the 02?

:zomg: Did you just say "The O2" ?

:naughty:

Don't want to tick off LOCOG's sponsors do we now young man :pierre:

It's North Greenwich Arena!!! :fuhrer: lol

and nope. You sign in at the O2. YES I SAID "O2"!!!!!!!!! :tongue:
Reply 3085
Go in the morning and wheres Weymouth

:zomg: Did you just say "The O2" ?

:naughty:

Don't want to tick off LOCOG's sponsors do we now young man :pierre:

It's North Greenwich Arena!!! :fuhrer: lol

and nope. You sign in at the O2. YES I SAID "O2"!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Sound like one of my trainers :mad: haha 02 is just easier yo :biggrin: sweet I might turn up there instead of stratford then. It is after all round the corner
Original post by Lasuil
Everyone thats already started gets an extra £1 an hour bonus, people that start on or before 22nd will get 70p an hour extra and anyone after that 50p. But I can't accept my schedule cos I'm not working in Weymouth. Also most of the shifts I've been given are for guarding and patrolling when I only trained for PSA.

I turned up at the accreditation centre and was turned away because I wasn't on the system either, there was a G4S help desk and almost everyone there weren't on the system either. I filled out a couple of forms but still have heard nothing.

As for the bonus, this is the fist time it being mentioned. How did you hear about it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3087
Original post by The medjai
I turned up at the accreditation centre and was turned away because I wasn't on the system either, there was a G4S help desk and almost everyone there weren't on the system either. I filled out a couple of forms but still have heard nothing.

As for the bonus, this is the fist time it being mentioned. How did you hear about it?

Completion payment: As long as you remain working for Team G4S until your agreed completion date you will qualify for a completion payment which will be paid, in your final pay packet, for every hour you worked during the Games.

Early starters will qualify for a completion payment based on every hour worked between 9 July and 12 August as follows:

£1 per hour - if you start / started work before 16 July
70p per hour - if you start work between 16 and 22 July
50p per hour - if you start work on or after 23 July
Did someone here say we dont ned SIA because we are excempt from it if we've got accrediation?

haven't recieved any sort of reply from the SIA regarding my application...
Reply 3089
Original post by treeves
Sound like one of my trainers :mad: haha 02 is just easier yo :biggrin: sweet I might turn up there instead of stratford then. It is after all round the corner

When u working at 02?

Original post by treeves

Haha :tongue: I could be an awesome trainer :afro:

Alas I want to be a doctor...... but might continue in the Security Business while I'm at uni for the next 7-8 so years. :smartass: But I'll have to give up Policing if I choose to stay in the Security Business :cry:

Original post by Lasuil

Ooooh right. I'm popping in for work as and when now tbh. Because im sick of waiting for a schedule and want to clock up some hours.

Apparantly the schedulers say this is okay.

Original post by treeves
Completion payment: As long as you remain working for Team G4S until your agreed completion date you will qualify for a completion payment which will be paid, in your final pay packet, for every hour you worked during the Games.

Early starters will qualify for a completion payment based on every hour worked between 9 July and 12 August as follows:

£1 per hour - if you start / started work before 16 July
70p per hour - if you start work between 16 and 22 July
50p per hour - if you start work on or after 23 July

Oooh when is the next payday by the way? How often are paydays? I thought they were every week but I get the scary feeling they might not be.
Original post by skippy123
Did someone here say we dont ned SIA because we are excempt from it if we've got accrediation?

haven't recieved any sort of reply from the SIA regarding my application...

If you applied through Bridging the Gap then no SIA is needed
Reply 3092
Original post by niyaz93
When u working at 02?

Scheduled for 28th start but turning up from next week onwards
Reply 3093

Oooh when is the next payday by the way? How often are paydays? I thought they were every week but I get the scary feeling they might not be.

I got paid for one day training on the 15th June (but not since), so I'd imagine the 15th :colondollar:
Had a brilliant day. Collected my accred, oyster card, uniform and my time in/time out card.

Ready to be deployed now. Just cant seem to register with the ESS as it seems to be down :frown:
Hold up...whats wrong with the ESS website? am i correct in that you type in your employee number and then your surname?
Reply 3096
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
Had a brilliant day. Collected my accred, oyster card, uniform and my time in/time out card.

Ready to be deployed now. Just cant seem to register with the ESS as it seems to be down :frown:

Start work now. It's literally a turn up and work job, all you need is your payroll number etc. ESS is down yes :frown:
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage

Did this take you long? Had you had a letter or anything asking you to collect it all? Had you passed Locog screening? I went onto Locog screening about 2 weeks ago now

Original post by treeves
Start work now. It's literally a turn up and work job, all you need is your payroll number etc. ESS is down yes :frown:
I would go straight to work if I was a guard/psa but I'm CCTV so things may be different.

Might go on the phone in a minute to see If I can get my schedule from there, seeing as the ESS is down.
Original post by Lasuil
Did this take you long? Had you had a letter or anything asking you to collect it all? Had you passed Locog screening? I went onto Locog screening about 2 weeks ago now

I was at UDAC for about an hour (G4S employees get queue jump). No I had no letter and I officially went into the LOCOG two days ago, but I asked G4S last week and they said my LOCOG was done :s-smilie:

P.S. You need accred before you get your uniform so don't uniform beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending