The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mattstar
did you get an email to pick up , or just went cause you have passed screening, im thinking to just go. can you also tell me the london addresses to pick up accred, nd uniform.

thanks
I only went because the accred department gave me a hint it was ready last Saturday. I actually got confirmation that it was ready to pick up 3 hours after I actually picked it up today :tongue:
Reply 3121
So after 3 months of chasing my SIA licence has just been sent off. The way they've dealt with me has been despicable but I'm still excited to work!

I would have sacked it in ages back if it wasn't for the promise of an SIA licence and owing them money if I don't complete the 5 shifts.
Went and got my accreditation today, even though no one even said it was ready .. yet my girlfriend who got told to collect hers also went with me and got told she was not on their system ..... *facepalm*
Reply 3123
gonna try and pick up accreditation and uniform tomorrow......just passed screening today, am I too early?

just want to start working in time for the games :biggrin:
Reply 3124
Original post by ± Dan ±
Went and got my accreditation today, even though no one even said it was ready .. yet my girlfriend who got told to collect hers also went with me and got told she was not on their system ..... *facepalm*

How long ago did you pass screening? and do you have a payroll number?
Original post by shaj_t
How long ago did you pass screening? and do you have a payroll number?

No idea, I'm guessing around a week as I did get a phone call asking for me to start work ... heard nothing since though.

And no I don't have a payroll number, waiting for them to email me back on that, as for picking up the accreditation pass, they only ask for your passport.
Does anyone have accommodation at Greenwich and how did you find out where exactly you were staying? We have just received a one-line email saying son is booked in there from tomorrow but don't know which building. Also, do you get DLR line into Stratford or do they provide shuttle buses? Thank you
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
Quick question about the ESS again. Does anyone have their SIA badge details entered in under 'profession data' as mine is not there? Probably nothing to worry about but just making sure.

Mine went up on there about 4/5 days after receiving my badge.
Do you think ill be allowed to just turn up and work if i go with my SIA certificate as they've cocked up my application my for my badge
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 2LEGIT2QUIT
Do you think ill be allowed to just turn up and work if i go with my SIA certificate as they've cocked up my application my for my badge

I think you need the badge to be visible mate. I have my badge and not the certificate!
Reply 3130
Any CCTV Operator (recruited by G4S) and currently working?

We were told that CCTV payment will be 12 - 14 pound per hour. How much you are getting right now? If you have accessed duty time in ESS, does it say more than 10 /hour?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3131
Original post by Dannybhoy1
I think you need the badge to be visible mate. I have my badge and not the certificate!

All front line security job (Door Supervisor, CCTV Operator, Vehicle Immobilizer etc) needs to display their SIA badge while working.
Reply 3132
Hi

I wanted to know how do you go about logging into the ESS system online for the first time? Do you need to register? For some reasons it states that there is no server available, whats that about?

Thanks
Reply 3133
Original post by H.R
What does accreditation involve and how long will that take? I don't have a uniform at all. The only thing I have is an SIA License and that I was told I was successful at my interview with G4S.

G4S applies for LOCOG Accreditation after the candidates are screened and vetted. If you have passed screening and vetting process approximately 20 days ago, I believe that you can collect your accreditation from UDAC near star lane station.

Accreditation has a process of further checks and vetting by Home Office & LOCOG. If you clear their vetting, they put your name straight to database. Normally it takes a month, but they might have been processing quickly this time as game is approaching.
Reply 3134
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C

Although we can not turn down some of the argument, but I do not agree that there are security lapses in Olympic Park.
Reply 3135
Original post by unhappyparent
Does anyone have accommodation at Greenwich and how did you find out where exactly you were staying? We have just received a one-line email saying son is booked in there from tomorrow but don't know which building. Also, do you get DLR line into Stratford or do they provide shuttle buses? Thank you

Is it opal 2?
If so, Just get the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf and hop on the DLR Lewisham-bound. Get off at Greenwich and find your way to Opal 2. If you got accommodation there should have been a leaflet attached..

DLR line into stratford.
Reply 3136
Original post by shaj_t
gonna try and pick up accreditation and uniform tomorrow......just passed screening today, am I too early?

just want to start working in time for the games :biggrin:

i was thinking about going up there 2mors aswell, i just passed screening about 2days ago. Tell me if it all goes good yea
Reply 3137
Original post by mattstar
i was thinking about going up there 2mors aswell, i just passed screening about 2days ago. Tell me if it all goes good yea

I'm going up there Monday.. seen a few people saying they will go this morning and they haven't posted since so it looks promising
Reply 3138
Original post by yennibubs
In the middle of my shift right now and managed to get two emails with shift changes. After explaining numerous times how I can only do 4 days a week, this is the 4th time they changed it. Now they changed the shift times to 5.45am instead of 6.45am which means I have no transport. I have also been put in all PSA roles that I have told them on two occasions I'm not trained for.

The problem gets solved every time I call them until the next day where they change it again... do I have to do this everyday for the next few weeks?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

The best idea will be to keep the printout of the schedule and keep with you all the time. Don't look back again in ESS and keep on going to your work. As far as you can not deliver the job as PSA, find the job that you are trained for in the same venue. Arrange with your TL / DSM in your venue.
Reply 3139
Original post by treeves
I got paid for one day training on the 15th June (but not since), so I'd imagine the 15th :colondollar:

G4S pays in monthly basis. Your next payment will be on 14th August. There are some issues in ESS such as updating the time of your training. In fact, training department hasn't sent the details to scheduling team / finance. I believe that they are largely pressurised to deliver the training as quickly as possible. Similarly scheduling team are struggling. G4S will pay but may take some time.

Quick Reply

Latest