The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3140
Original post by treeves
I'm going up there Monday.. seen a few people saying they will go this morning and they haven't posted since so it looks promising

I insist to take a chance.
Reply 3141
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
Had a brilliant day. Collected my accred, oyster card, uniform and my time in/time out card.

Ready to be deployed now. Just cant seem to register with the ESS as it seems to be down :frown:

ESS is not down but can not handle thousands of the request at a time. Every webpage has some limitation which can deal with certain number of request only. So, keep on trying.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3142
Original post by ybasnet
G4S pays in monthly basis. Your next payment will be on 14th August. There are some issues in ESS such as updating the time of your training. In fact, training department hasn't sent the details to scheduling team / finance. I believe that they are largely pressurised to deliver the training as quickly as possible. Similarly scheduling team are struggling. G4S will pay but may take some time.

thanks for the insight :clap2:
Reply 3143
Original post by arno111
do you know for a fact that if you turn up to a venue without being scheduled in, they will let you work?

I am absolutely confident and there are hundreds of examples. I know managers keep on chasing the security staff in Cherry Park in the morning. If you go early, they will definitely put you in duty.
Reply 3144
Original post by daisy28
Would this be ok to do as I do not have G4s time/id card as when I collected my unifrom and accreditation they were unable to print them

Yes! As long as you know your payroll number, you will be paid. They take manual registration as well. By the way, I have seen time card being distributed in the Cherry Park in Stratford as well. Take a chance.
Original post by DarkTitan
awesome thanks :biggrin:
Do you no where the centre is located? :colondollar:

In the olympic park
Reply 3146
Original post by DejiBest
1am? Now That Really
Is Awkward, Is It A 12 Hr Shift?

People with more than 6 mile radius are eligible to get accommodation. Speak to your duty manager (DSM / GL) in your venues.
ZOMG i cannot tell you how good today was.

Ahh well guarding the stadium, got to go inside and see it, saw some of the opening ceremony. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont have words
Reply 3148
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
I would go straight to work if I was a guard/psa but I'm CCTV so things may be different.

Might go on the phone in a minute to see If I can get my schedule from there, seeing as the ESS is down.

I believe that we had CCTV training at same days (28 May - 1 June) right? OR possible that we had role specific training on 2-3 July?

If you are near to Stratford, go early to your Cherry Park and speak with the duty managers. In my venues, there are 2 other people (CCTV Operator) who haven't got allocated role but they have been working continuously.
Reply 3149
Original post by ybasnet
People with more than 6 mile radius are eligible to get accommodation. Speak to your duty manager (DSM / GL) in your venues.

Heyy how do you get a payroll number?.. i hvnt got a schedule either yet :s and about accrediation, does it come through the post or what?.. Thanks lol :wink:... I passed screening last week and done all da training but im going to go tomrow to see accrediation office and pick up uniform as alot of ppl are saying its the best way aha :tongue:
Reply 3150
Original post by The medjai
I'm trained to be an X-Ray operator but when I checked in my ESS apparently my position is Events Steward. I have not been trained for this and what exactly do you do as Events Steward?. Also, the SIA tracker returns no results of my application. What a nightmare :mob:

This is what G4S is ::troll: Class A Trolls.

Don't worry mate! Everyone's ESS says 'event steward'. I am CCTV Operator but I have same. In a way, we are event steward as well.
Reply 3151
Original post by GuitarWizard
I am as well I think they put us all down for that. Although I have unofficially quit (still waiting for a phone call back) I looked at my time sheet and they have moved me to venues 40 miles away. No way am I spending any more of my own money traveling and it's night shift I told them a few times now DAY only.

Also I am no longer a PSA which I understand but I never wanted to do patrolling

Unless they sort out the way they treat staff at the workplace and my shifts I will offically quit as soon as they phone me back

Umm.. PSA requires job specific training. Patrolling and staying at gate is not a bad job. If you have problem of travelling lots, you can speak with them again. Don't give up...its a damn good money.
Reply 3152
Original post by coolasacucumber

Ahh well guarding the stadium, got to go inside and see it, saw some of the opening ceremony. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont have words

Olympic park in Stratford is so nice. Unfortunately, I have access to operational area of one venue only. As I am working on that day, I will look opening ceremony from near.
Original post by ybasnet
Olympic park in Stratford is so nice. Unfortunately, I have access to operational area of one venue only. As I am working on that day, I will look opening ceremony from near.

Oo what venue you at?
Reply 3154
Original post by coolasacucumber

how well did your application process go before you started working
Original post by treeves
Is it opal 2?
If so, Just get the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf and hop on the DLR Lewisham-bound. Get off at Greenwich and find your way to Opal 2. If you got accommodation there should have been a leaflet attached..

DLR line into stratford.

No it is at Avery Hill in Eltham!

Original post by mattstar
how well did your application process go before you started working

Well my training, accreditation and uniform all ran like clockwork. Have been ready to deploy from late june/ july but got no schedule. So now i just go in, and work f$@£ waiting for them, olympics is almost here and there still pussyfooting around. (Even though i've phoned and emailed numerous of time)

Hows your?
Reply 3157
yaaay i just checked sia tracker and my licence has been granted (after 1 nd a half weeks of processing). hopefully i get my badge on monday. Also i will be going to collect my accred and uniform without invite. hopefully i'll be able to get everything. positive thinking goes along way people.
Reply 3158
Original post by ybasnet
I am absolutely confident and there are hundreds of examples. I know managers keep on chasing the security staff in Cherry Park in the morning. If you go early, they will definitely put you in duty.

But this should not be happening. Why should we go extra early in the morning to just get work. Surely if my schedule says go to X, I will work at X??
Anyone know the email address for scheduling? Any help pleasee? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending