Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niyaz93)
    yeah you should to avoid the long queue at the interview..
    so I fill out both?

oh lawd...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i dont the door supervision training and skills for security but havent done any training that is relevent to my role so just awaiting on that...
    Why don't you book the other training?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 11th of this month (2 weeks this Wednesday) haven't heard anything yet. I guess It's just a waiting game now. Application status also says "sent to screening"...................... ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Missy)
    Why don't you book the other training?
    which one?? ive only been asked to do two and i done them both..but they werent related to my specific role as much, which is why i think theres more training left for me but let see all i can do is wait as they didnt get back to me yet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    which one?? ive only been asked to do two and i done them both..but they werent related to my specific role as much, which is why i think theres more training left for me but let see all i can do is wait as they didnt get back to me yet.
    Oh right. Ok. I thought they picked out training for you when you pass the screening phase. What is your role?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Ok. I thought they picked out training for you when you pass the screening phase. What is your role?
    VSA(Vehicle searcher/Marshall)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    VSA(Vehicle searcher/Marshall)
    Ohh.. ok.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh.. ok.
    well they said im suitable for that so yeah not guaranteed yet, just wished they would hurry up, you live local to the olympics?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well they said im suitable for that so yeah not guaranteed yet, just wished they would hurry up, you live local to the olympics?
    True. They might change it later on. As long as I have a job there I don't care what I'm doing.

Yep. Very close to stratford about 10 mins by bus. How about yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    True. They might change it later on. As long as I have a job there I don't care what I'm doing.

Yep. Very close to stratford about 10 mins by bus. How about yourself?
    True thats how i take it...

yeah i can take the central line itll only take me around 5mins so yeah location for me is perfect x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    True thats how i take it...

yeah i can take the central line itll only take me around 5mins so yeah location for me is perfect x

Lol all the trains are going to be completely packed during the olympic time. Especially the central line. :unimpressed:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol all the trains are going to be completely packed during the olympic time. Especially the central line. :unimpressed:
    true but its going to be the same with the buses, just need to get out extra early :/ 12hour shifts peaktimes :/ i used to do around 10hrs before and my legs used to ache plus going to be summer but still excited
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    true but its going to be the same with the buses, just need to get out extra early :/ 12hour shifts peaktimes :/ i used to do around 10hrs before and my legs used to ache plus going to be summer but still excited
    True Buses suck. 10 hours??:eek: For what? I'm going to be fasting too :/ hopefully its not to hard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    True Buses suck. 10 hours??:eek: For what? I'm going to be fasting too :/ hopefully its not to hard.
    i used to work in mcdz before, was enough for me torture :/ lool ermm i worked fasting, its not that bad time goes quicker, feel way better but get thirsty easily.,,
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i used to work in mcdz before, was enough for me torture :/ lool ermm i worked fasting, its not that bad time goes quicker, feel way better but get thirsty easily.,,
    lool I would love to work somewhere where theres food. Prob gain 10 stone while working too That's true even though I would of slept the hours away. Least I'll have something to do this summer (hopefully)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received the results of the Door Supervisor Course? I've been waiting months now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to their interview tomorrow? I have mine at 2:30... I'm planning on getting there for 2. Do you think this will be alright?

What do I do when I get there? Mine's at Upton park. I guess I just sign in? I'm taking my passport, birth certificate, bank statement, driving license, NI Card and bank account details... I hope this well be alright! Any more tips for the interview?

Thanks! I'm quite looking forward to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator7t)
    Has anyone received the results of the Door Supervisor Course? I've been waiting months now.
    it should only take a few weeks to recieve the certificate, call them up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lool I would love to work somewhere where theres food. Prob gain 10 stone while working too That's true even though I would of slept the hours away. Least I'll have something to do this summer (hopefully)
    yeah same, trust it was hard working there while fasting but manageable lool, same ive been out of work for months..looking forward to it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yeah same, trust it was hard working there while fasting but manageable lool, same ive been out of work for months..looking forward to it
    This would be my first actual job. I'm constantly late to everything :/ You don't think there going to ask the college I go to about my attendance/ punctuality. It's so low :/ Hope thats not part of screening

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2013
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.