The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by H.Maleki
How comes you failed the screening? Did they tell you why you failed? Also how long where you into the screening when they emailed you your results?

No idea why I failed - everything was fine at the interview and went through very smoothly. It might've been something to do with me getting paid cash-in-hand in my last (and only) job... But that's just mere speculation. About a month after the interview I got the phonecall asking me to confirm all my details and about another month after that I got the email.
Reply 341
Original post by Lintu93
No idea why I failed - everything was fine at the interview and went through very smoothly. It might've been something to do with me getting paid cash-in-hand in my last (and only) job... But that's just mere speculation. About a month after the interview I got the phonecall asking me to confirm all my details and about another month after that I got the email.

When was your interview date?
Im getting worried because i still havent heard back, the thing is, is that if you fail the screening test. You have to wait another 5 years until you can apply again with g4s, which is utter madness
Reply 342
When was your interview date?
Im getting worried because i still havent heard back, the thing is, is that if you fail the screening test. You have to wait another 5 years until you can apply again with g4s, which is utter madness

1st March. So maybe it wasn't exactly 4 weeks between the phonecall and rejection, probably about 2-3 weeks now that I think about it...

And yeah it is madness that you can't work for them for 5 years! Nevermind, I'll just find another (better organised *cough*) company to work for :tongue:
Reply 343
Original post by Lintu93
1st March. So maybe it wasn't exactly 4 weeks between the phonecall and rejection, probably about 2-3 weeks now that I think about it...

And yeah it is madness that you can't work for them for 5 years! Nevermind, I'll just find another (better organised *cough*) company to work for :tongue:

Oh so not really long compared to mine. I had my interview on the 26th of jan, sent an email got a reply like 13 days later around 3 days ago saying im still in screening.
Looks like they still havent found something to pin on me lol.
Haha yea there are others like showsec and LOCOG, g4s have been appalling in this process
Got email said I have passed my 1st stage of application all I have to do is wait for them to let me know what happen next.
Reply 345
Original post by bengalisoldier
Got email said I have passed my 1st stage of application all I have to do is wait for them to let me know what happen next.

When was your interview?
Reply 346
I just received an email as well exactly after two weeks from my interview. It reads:
"Thank you for attending your recent interview day. We can confirm that you have passed the first stage of your application and are one step closer to joining Team G4S.

Your details have now been passed to screening and vetting, it is here we will perform standard background checks. This can take up to 12 weeks so please be patient at this stage - you can help speed up this process by advising your referees that we will be contacting them and asking them to reply as quickly as possible.

We will be in touch as soon as we have your outcome."

Hah 12 weeks that's crazy........................................................
When was your interview?

March 29.
Right just had the interview. Passed, and passed the test for x-ray operator. The woman said that was better paid, anyone know how much? Not sure I like the idea of spending 12 hours staring at a screen. Does anyone know how much the night rate is? I'd prefer that tbh. Just waiting on the vetting stage now
Reply 349
I went to my interview on Tuesday, only to be told that I could not apply because I was 18, after explicitly being told in an email from them that it was fine as long as I was 18 before the 1st July, which I am.

I phoned up their call centre, and after waiting 46 minutes in the phone, go through to an operator where I explained my confusion, and she said it was not my age but the fact that I was in full tim education... one of my friends got through and she's in full time education too. And another member in this thread got through being 17 at the moment, too.

Really not impressed with how G4S has handled this whole situation, going to try and phone them again later today, though recruitment closes tomorrow. Just annoyed I trekked down to West Ham when they were fully aware of my age after they accepted my application and replied ot my email! :angry:
Reply 350
Original post by Turnaround552
Right just had the interview. Passed, and passed the test for x-ray operator. The woman said that was better paid, anyone know how much? Not sure I like the idea of spending 12 hours staring at a screen. Does anyone know how much the night rate is? I'd prefer that tbh. Just waiting on the vetting stage now

For x-ray operators i think it's 10 per hour but not sure.....btw did you get to do the x-ray test on the day of your interview? and what did the test consist of?
Reply 351
Original post by Turnaround552

Same. I passed mine too. I really don't want to do it cause I hate the idea of checking for bombs and explosions. To much responsibility. But I doubt where going to do it ourselves. There prob have experts and we'll do unimportant stuff.

Original post by zee777
For x-ray operators i think it's 10 per hour but not sure.....btw did you get to do the x-ray test on the day of your interview? and what did the test consist of?

I had my test on the same day, it was haaarrdd. Basically give you slide shows with x ray pics consisting of various dangerouS and non dangarous objects. They number certain objects and you have to tick what you think they are. I just guessed for some of them. They only choose certain people to do it though
Reply 352
Just got an email saying i failed the screening.

Don't have a criminal record, so didnt see why, phoned them up, and it seems this was because i left a gap in my 5 year history, June - September 2011, when i switched from college to Uni.

I've asked them to look over it for me, and she made no promises, and said they'd be back in touch within 2 weeks.

Am a bit annoyed and worried now that i wont get it over this niggly little thing!

Has anyone else had this happen? Got any advice on how i can speed it along?
Reply 353
Is there any drug testing required for getting this job?

Ta
Reply 354
Original post by niyaz93
no its not, but for my screening, as there doing 5 year background checks, i had to get a letter stating the exact dates from start to end of my schools and college as well as payslips and providing two referees then they put me through..

Hi mate

A few questions....

Have you had your CRB check come back to you yet? And also have you been paid for any of the training days that you have done? Did g4s call you when you passed screening and vetting or did you not hear anything?
Reply 355
Original post by ostego
Just got an email saying i failed the screening.

Don't have a criminal record, so didnt see why, phoned them up, and it seems this was because i left a gap in my 5 year history, June - September 2011, when i switched from college to Uni.

I've asked them to look over it for me, and she made no promises, and said they'd be back in touch within 2 weeks.

Am a bit annoyed and worried now that i wont get it over this niggly little thing!

Has anyone else had this happen? Got any advice on how i can speed it along?

Did they not call you at anytime or email you to ask you what you were doin in those gaps?
I left like 2 months out and they called me and asked what i did, told them and they carried on with the screening
Reply 356
Did they not call you at anytime or email you to ask you what you were doin in those gaps?
I left like 2 months out and they called me and asked what i did, told them and they carried on with the screening

they called me once as i had a year off, and put the wrong dates for that on the application, so that was 1 year that had to be corrected. Yet they didnt mention the other 3 month gap at that time! This is the first i've heard of it!
Reply 357
So I guess because I got paid cash in hand for one of the jobs I listed I'm going to have to wave goodbye to any chance I have of getting the job? I honestly don't see the huge issue they have, surely they have got to see that I've been honest and not tried to cover anything up. Shame how being honest may now work against me.
Reply 358
Original post by Prodigy
So I guess because I got paid cash in hand for one of the jobs I listed I'm going to have to wave goodbye to any chance I have of getting the job? I honestly don't see the huge issue they have, surely they have got to see that I've been honest and not tried to cover anything up. Shame how being honest may now work against me.

Honestly why would you put it on anyway? Theyll never know about it only if you tell them.
Being honest isnt really gonna help you, its like 2 years later admitting you killed someone, there not gonna let you off for being honest lol
Reply 359
Original post by .Missy
Same. I passed mine too. I really don't want to do it cause I hate the idea of checking for bombs and explosions. To much responsibility. But I doubt where going to do it ourselves. There prob have experts and we'll do unimportant stuff.

I had my test on the same day, it was haaarrdd. Basically give you slide shows with x ray pics consisting of various dangerouS and non dangarous objects. They number certain objects and you have to tick what you think they are. I just guessed for some of them. They only choose certain people to do it though

cool......I never had the x ray test guess I was not chosen lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending